pr and bf loading problems and punk buster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pr and bf loading problems and punk buster

I have sovled the problems i have been having with the loading of pr and punkbuster , i found out , if you bought bf2 through EA download site then it wont allow pr to load properly , if your using vista , the bf.exe is different for some reason on the downloaded version rather than the retail , thats why i am also getting the shader mismatch kick from punkbuster , as the only way i could start pr , was by loading bf2 first then selrct custom games ,

so , if you have vista and EA downloaded bf2 you will need to buy the retail version

NB i am still waiting for the retail version to ship , so i must apoligize again for any team i was playing with last night , as i get kicked all the time atm , also want to apoligize to the tank team i was in!

Re: pr and bf loading problems and punk buster

Well... I can tell you the root of all these problems in one word.

Vista.
    Itll save you many headaches in the future if you upgrade back to XP.

~Sirsolo
    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

my friend has same problem with the downloaded version from EA.

his fix: start regular "vanilla" bf2, and then join a PR server. It closes and reopens the game (which takes a while) but finally can join project reality servers.
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I'm on Windows XP with the retail version of BF2 and I have loading problems, and I have to reinstall PunkBuster every time I want to play either vBF2 or PR.

Lately I haven't been able to play PR at all though because I can't even load. I stay on 'Verifying Client Data' for a few minutes, with my PC pretty much frozen, and then PR crashes. :/

Comment

delete your cache, my docs>bf2>mods

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It is a finiky beast this PR/BF2 setup. I am pretty much redoing punkbuster every time before I play now just to make sure it works.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X