The end of PR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of PR?

I had to post this after seeing it. I know it 's not really PR related, but I was too excited.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOblG4B-61k[/media]
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0CfvnAzmSM[/media]

Source: http://community.codemasters.com/for...d.php?t=303567

and especially the one below:

[media]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iEK1NqCNICs&feature=PlayList&p=A9689B9C023 0C6E8&index=2[/media]

Sounds like the game we 've all been waiting for... and maybe the first game that might replace PR for me :).
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Re: The end of PR?

Pretty cool stuff. All though, I wish they talked more about the multiplayer. All I really got was that there will 4 person Coop for the PC (according to the first video). I'm very curios about the PvP capabilities of the game and how many people will be able to be in the same server.

Comment

They forgot to mention how many players they can run STABLE ;)

If they can get 64+ players to run stable in an open server, then hell yea!

And I dont mean ArmA "stable" :roll: ....

Comment

Could be good - we'll see. I too worry about stability and multiplayer. The beauty of the BF2 engine and PR is that you can have "large" maps, but there is finality to the map. Could you imagine how long a map would take if it offered up the entire island with 64 players online at a time? Would there be AI troops included with 64 real people, making one huge CO-OP? I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the other game modes are that they couldn't talk about at the time.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

If the community gets involved with it I'll try it out for sure. But, I hope PR lasts another couple years.
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
            If they can get 64+ players to run stable in an open server, then hell yea!
            It hasn't been decided yet:

Hi everyone.

Just to clear things up a little. No decision has been made regarding any limits on the multiplayer side of the game on any formats.
            There 's a huge thread on the OFP2 forums regarding this and a lot of people were unhappy with the rumours about a 32 player limit on pc.

64 should be the minimum, but I 'm hoping for more :).
            Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

32 stable players, super high end graphics. Hmm...doesnt signal the end of PR to me. We still have people who have to run PR on low because of the graphical load. I seriously doubt that all of these people are gonna run out and buy a better rig for a newer game.

Comment

I have paid 0 attention to OFP2 but I have no doubt that it will or is being simultaneously developed for the consoles thus they may have to stick with smaller player size. It is know that ARMA2 will have only 32 player support initially according to people that went to the lezpig convention (oh also according to them ARMA2 ships with animals, so know you can blow up pigs/dogs if you are so inclined, making it possibly this much [--] better then PR)
                sigpic
                Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Sounds alot like arma or arma 2 even, arent they related in some way.

I'll check out the vids later thanks but I think the only thing that could stop the bf2 engine success is bf3 or similar.

I missed the first operation flashpoint, didnt it have 128 players? To be as sucessfull as bf2 this game needs to have massive potential but also scale well for guys with 5 year old graphics cards who just want to have 5 mins of fun bunny hopping

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

tbh i dont think new pc games will cater for older machines , not 5 years old any way , 2 years old maybe , and for me game play is more important than graphics , but saying that, no matter how well the pr team codes pr to be relistic, they are bound by the gam,e engine , and it is nt realistic to lob a granade at a wall and for it to A still be there and B just have a small black burn mark ! lol

the bad company game engine will prob be modifid for the pc release of bf3 , and it holds alot of promise , and hey the footage we saw of that flashpoint 2 is cgi rendered lol

for me the only game that featured life like graphics up tll now , was the heli gunship mission in COD4 pure class!

Comment

Come on now, theres no way that new games are going to cater to even 2 year old machines. Look at crysis: it didnt even cater to 6 month old machines.

Comment

Flashpoint 1 was one of the best FPS I ever played due to the graphics alone. Nice find on the trailer!
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Crysis will run on older machines I think, it just doesnt look half as good. Trim it all the way down and it looks alot like years old, farcry. Kinda pointless but you get what you pay for.

BF3 should be based on the same engine as bad company which works on the x360 (& ps3) which is only dx9. I think the card used for a ps3 is like a nividia 7800 and the xbox gpu is like a powerfully modified Ati x1950xtx

tbh i dont think new pc games will cater for older machines , not 5 years old any way , 2 years old maybe
                          The most successful game engines have worked on a range of cards and that might well influence this games requirements.
                          Hl2 worked/works on ancient cards, I know because I played it this way myself, same for bf2. I played both (and did fine) on a geforce 4, worth about 60 dollars 4 years ago

Heres an unaltered screenshot I took about 3 years ago, 50fps

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Why did they have to put a FSP in the view through the ACOG?

It looks like a great game, but that detail really annoyed me....
                            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                              Flashpoint 1 was one of the best FPS I ever played due to the graphics alone. Nice find on the trailer!
                              Yup... same here!
                              Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...