Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 0.8 changes

All the changes from 0.75 to 0.8. Discuss. :D

There have been a lot of changes since version 0.75; below is a list of just the
    most important changes in Project Reality 0.8:
    Changes in Project Reality 0.8:

* 3 new game modes: Command & Control, Skirmish and Training

* Critically wounded soldiers can be revived for up to two minutes. They can use
    the “Give up” button on the Caps-Lock map to opt out of waiting for a medic

* Medics can now resuscitate downed soldiers which untangles them from the
    ground. This is useful to make sure the epipen will do it's job

* Insurgents can build hideouts to spawn at

* Regular armies and the militia can deploy a heavy machine gun emplacement

* The spotting system has been overhauled. Automatic spotting is practically
    gone. Squad leaders can send a contact report to the commander. The
    commander can confirm those reports and place markers on the map to warn
    the rest of the team

* Artillery and mortars have been added to the list of possible area attacks
    Pistols & SMGs do not suppress other players. Shots also need to travel some
    distance before they have a suppression effect

* Weapons need to be reloaded manually

* Bunkers & Fire bases do not resupply soldiers and vehicles anymore

* Deployable assets can be placed without permission if no commander is on
    the team

* Rally points can be placed anywhere. They are overrun and destroyed if 3
    enemies get close to them or if 6 squad members die in their vincinity

* Grenade launchers need to be fired at targets at least 30-40m from the
    shooter or the grenade will not detonate

* All factions have a command post which is enterable by the commander. The
    commander can only use his map while inside the post.

* The enemy tickets are not displayed

* The main gun in any armored vehicle has a 30s usage delay

* Soldiers start to bleed out when their health drops below 75%

* Civilian collaborators will always respawn after 2 minutes regardless of how
    they died

* Insurgents can be arrested using the restrainer or the shotgun

* Insurgents need to defend at least 3 out of 12 weapons caches

* Capturing a control point takes at least 3 men

* Limited kits have been reduced in number and are only reallocated every 10
    minutes

* Light machine guns can be used in deployed and undeployed modes. When
    deployed they can only be fired while prone but are very accurate

* Deploying bunkers & fire bases does require 2 supply crates. A supply truck is
    not needed. Other assets just need to be build close enough to a forward
    outpost and do not require any supplies

August 26, 2008 Project Reality 0.8 Manual 36

Re: PR 0.8 changes

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
    * Critically wounded soldiers can be revived for up to two minutes. They can use
    the “Give up” button on the Caps-Lock map to opt out of waiting for a medic

* Medics can now resuscitate downed soldiers which untangles them from the

* Soldiers start to bleed out when their health drops below 75%
    Should make medic more apreciated. Now they just need to give them a scope. The thing about the 75% thats pretty much if you get hit you need a medic. so you need to stick with the medic. now the only person the SL needs to keep near him is the medic and its easy to have the squad follow you:)

* Insurgents can build hideouts to spawn at

* Civilian collaborators will always respawn after 2 minutes regardless of how
    they died

* Insurgents can be arrested using the restrainer or the shotgun

* Insurgents need to defend at least 3 out of 12 weapons caches
    Maybe insurgency will be a good play now since I reallly dont think its fun as it is now.

* The spotting system has been overhauled. Automatic spotting is practically
    gone. Squad leaders can send a contact report to the commander. The
    commander can confirm those reports and place markers on the map to warn
    the rest of the team
    Yay no more people spamming spotted and the likes:)

*Pistols & SMGs do not suppress other players. Shots also need to travel some
    distance before they have a suppression effect
    Fine no more blurry CQB:)

* The enemy tickets are not displayed
    Me like since this makes it harder for the commander for him to commit to a certain tactic. It is also more believable because you dont have that good intel on enemy reinforcements in real life.

* Limited kits have been reduced in number and are only reallocated every 10
    minutes
    Just makes it all the more important to keep the HAT kit away from the smacktards. couldnt care less about the other kits but not happy about the HAT kit:(

* Deploying bunkers & fire bases does require 2 supply crates. A supply truck is
    not needed. Other assets just need to be build close enough to a forward
    So you need 2 crates you cant just make do with a truck???

Edit: just read thepr dev journal so trucks have 2 crates:)

All in all it seems like some decent changes. looking forward to getting my hands on this.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

The medic and capture changes will call for more teamwork and more usage of full squads. If not you'll die quick and you can't cap.

And the rally point changes, teamwork-galore.

* Rally points can be placed anywhere. They are overrun and destroyed if 3
      enemies get close to them or if 6 squad members die in their vincinity

So if your rally is discovered by say a scout. He'll need to call for backup and not just knife it like now. In the meanwhile you can move it. And if you all die, poof, no more rally. So this calls for medics and staying alive, teamwork people. And the enemy has to overwhelm your position to take out the rally. Epic fighting!

The removed ticket counter will also cause great suspense, as you'll never know how you're really doing :D

And no more fighting commander or 1 minute commander.

So this release really makes teamwork more important than ever before.

Comment

So if your rally is discovered by say a scout. He'll need to call for backup and not just knife it like now.
        Nope - you can still knife it if you discover it by yourself.

However, this rewards squads that stick together to control an area by removing the enemy threat without having the lone-wolf go rally-hunting while the rest of the squad tries to accomplish their task. Since rallies are really more than just a pile of ruc-sacks, I think this is a great change.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          Nope - you can still knife it if you discover it by yourself.

However, this rewards squads that stick together to control an area by removing the enemy threat without having the lone-wolf go rally-hunting while the rest of the squad tries to accomplish their task. Since rallies are really more than just a pile of ruc-sacks, I think this is a great change.
          Copy that, although i liked my version better. :) This would have called for some nice firefights over the rallies. But it's a great change still!

I just noticed Ghostdog has posted the same changes in the PR dev journal. My bad.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1075797

Comment

I just noticed Ghostdog has posted the same changes in the PR dev journal.

My bad.
            I just finished reading through the entire manual and the official changelist is not complete. Here 's a more complete one (part I is official, II is what I think changed).

Gameplay changes in 0.8:

Part I
            • 3 new game modes: Command & Control, Skirmish and Training
            • Critically wounded soldiers can be revived for up to two minutes. They can use the “Give up” button on the Caps-Lock map to opt out of waiting for a medic
            • Medics can now resuscitate downed soldiers which untangles them from the
            • Insurgents can build hideouts to spawn at
            • Regular armies and the militia can deploy a heavy machine gun emplacement
            • The spotting system has been overhauled. Automatic spotting is practically gone. Squad leaders can send a contact report to the commander. The commander can confirm those reports and place markers on the map to warn the rest of the team
            • Artillery and mortars have been added to the list of possible area attacks
            • Pistols & SMGs do not suppress other players. Shots also need to travel some distance before they have a suppression effect
            • Weapons need to be reloaded manually
            • Bunkers & Fire bases do not resupply soldiers and vehicles anymore
            • Deployable assets can be placed without permission if no commander is on the team
            • Rally points can be placed anywhere. They are overrun and destroyed if 3 enemies get close to them or if 6 squad members die in their vincinity
            • Grenade launchers need to be fired at targets at least 30-40m from the shooter or the grenade will not detonate
            • All factions have a command post which is enterable by the commander. The commander can only use his map while inside the post.
            • The enemy tickets are not displayed
            • The main gun in any armored vehicle has a 30s usage delay
            • Soldiers start to bleed out when their health drops below 75%
            • Civilian collaborators will always respawn after 2 minutes regardless of how they died
            • Insurgents can be arrested using the restrainer or the shotgun
            • Insurgents need to defend at least 3 out of 12 weapons caches
            • Capturing a control point takes at least 3 men
            • Limited kits have been reduced in number and are only reallocated every 10 minutes
            • Light machine guns can be used in deployed and undeployed modes. When deployed they can only be fired while prone but are very accurate
            • Deploying bunkers & fire bases does require 2 supply crates. A supply truck is not needed. Other assets just need to be build close enough to a forward

Part II
            • While holding a mine the primary commo rose can be used to place a red warning marker on the team's map. Placing a new Marker will delete the old one. The commander also can place and delete this marker
            • A temporary spawn time penalty which only affects the next time you die (stacking up to 5 minutes) is added by these actions:
              ○ Teamkill: 15 seconds per TK
              ○ Suicide: 30 seconds (90s for civilians)
              ○ Civilian killed: 120 seconds per civilian (max. 5 minutes)
              ○ Own weapons cache destroyed: 300 seconds (also -100 score)
            • Anti-tank mines and trip flares will arm themselves 15 seconds after placement - think this was 5 seconds before
            • The Combat Engineer carries an assault rifle with iron sights, a shotgun loaded with slugs, a tripflare, an anti-tank mine, a wrench and a shovel. On some maps the mine is replaced by a grappling hook
            • The Militia Medic comes equipped with the PPSh-41 submachine gun, and some smoke grenades. Healing and reviving works as with the regular medic - Militia gets to revive :)
            • The Insurgent carries the AK-47 rifle, one RKG-3 anti-tank grenade, a shovel, a pair of binoculars and some extra ammunition in a bag, which he can drop
            • The civilian Collaborator is unarmed. His only way to attack others is by throwing rocks at them. He can drop a few field dressings for his friends and repair vehicles with his wrench. He can also help others access high places with his grappling hook. He can use his cellphone to call in mortar strikes. Coalition players must not shoot civilians or face punishment
            • As more intelligence is gathered red diamond markers appear on the map showing the rough area of the weapons caches (they may be up to 140m from the marker)
            • Insurgents start with 100 tickets and lose 10 for each destroyed weapons cache. This is the only way for the insurgents to lose tickets.
            • On sniper rifles, the "switch fire mode" key (Default 3) can be used to activate a breathing sound. This simulates breath control and gives you an audio cue for when your accuracy will be at its maximum. Holding down the fire button after shooting will allow you to track your shot before rebolting the rifle
            • If you use an officer kit containing a signal grenade, you can access it with the 9 key
            • If 3 enemies are very close to the rally point (about 50m) or if 6 squad members die in this radius, then the rally has been overrun and will also be destroyed. Once destroyed, the squad can't place a new rally point for 2 minutes
            • Deployable MG 's, AA, razorwire and sandbags must be constructed within 200m of a forward outpost
            • Deployable assets can be wrecked (rendering them useless) and destroyed by further damaging the wreck. Knifing the radio twice will damage forward outposts enough to make them collapse within a short time.
            • Supply trucks can unload two supply crates which can be dropped by the driver by using the alternate fire key.
            Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

..and a favorite...

from the manual:

"Knifing the radio twice will damage forward outposts enough to make them collapse within a short time"

(wherein forward outposts include Bunkers and FBs)

You don't need C4 to take that bunker down now, just a knife (provided, of course, that you keep the enemy from rebuilding...).

The combination, timed right, could be devastating.
              Last edited by Diligent_BF2; 08-28-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

This just occured to me: how do we arrest insurgents (and presumably civilians) with the shotguns!? Last I checked, putting a shotgun slug into someone is more along the lines of "lethal" as opposed to "shut up and sit down"... though I could see where the two ideas might intersect. Are we allowed to shoot them with shotguns without penalty?

Another question would be, are the shotguns purely "breachers" (IE, bullets don't go very far) or are they like the slug shots in the prior versions of PR?

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                  This just occured to me: how do we arrest insurgents (and presumably civilians) with the shotguns!? Last I checked, putting a shotgun slug into someone is more along the lines of "lethal" as opposed to "shut up and sit down"... though I could see where the two ideas might intersect. Are we allowed to shoot them with shotguns without penalty?

Another question would be, are the shotguns purely "breachers" (IE, bullets don't go very far) or are they like the slug shots in the prior versions of PR?
                  Well, its to really just prevent civillian smack tarding....Think of it as a bean bag shot.

Comment

I think the new rally point change is going to slow this game down a bit, but at least there wont be any more spawn-camping. (well, maybe from long-range, hehe) Why did they feel the need to make this change? Squads can always "choose" not to spawn in...and sometimes you can smoke up a spawnpoint and actually save it, even with 5 bad guys around. Nothing beats saying to your squad, "Don't worry guys, I spawned in and killed all 5 of them. It's safe now."
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I love the sniper part..

Comment

Copy that, although i liked my version better. :) This would have called for some nice firefights over the rallies. But it's a great change still!

I just noticed Ghostdog has posted the same changes in the PR dev journal. My bad.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1075797
                        Yeah... what will happen when there will be 3 BRITS in the area of 1 PLA + is rally?

but yeah good change!!

damn... can't wait to see how much it will slow down the game and will get way more teamwork and coordination!
                        Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

I found the part in the manual about limited kits. In a server with more than 24 player there will be only 3 infantry kits and still 2 special kits with a 10 minute respawn. Setting up a squads kit load out is going to call for more coordinating with other squads and much less dieing.

, , or

Comment

The thing I don't like is that you don't need a CO to build firebases or bunkers. Now, I tard can deploy your forward spawn points in the middle of no where and ruin the game.

All other changes will probably take me a week or two to get used to.
                            |TG|
                            ||||

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
                              The thing I don't like is that you don't need a CO to build firebases or bunkers. Now, I tard can deploy your forward spawn points in the middle of no where and ruin the game.

All other changes will probably take me a week or two to get used to.
                              BUT! I think the commander can still destroy the asset and another non-tard squad leader can build it elsewhere :)
                              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X