First Night of .8...Come on people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Night of .8...Come on people

I had a pretty good time last night, but I know that most of us saw the lack of regular TG gameplay...at least on my side. I was in squads with TG tags and without, and there was some real foolishness. Ok, .8 is out, and we all want to play, and this is sure to bring out the usual riff raff, but if you are in a squad and want to hear how your new cool gun sounds, why not go to the training area or a less populated server?

When a server is at the max, as TG was last night, why would you think that this is the place to explore all the new cool stuff?

Respect means respect those around you.

Rant over.
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: First Night of .8...Come on people

I remember one person fired a bullet while we were driving. I fired two smoke grenades from my rifle to test out the sights and new smoke grenades. Then I fired one round from a stationary machine gun to see if it reacted in any unexpected way.

That's all I remember seeing in my four hours of playing last night. It wasn't as unprofessional as it sounds reading your post.
    TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Hey, I almost shot my SL, twice (styrofoam), and made my mistakes....killing myself with the LAT while fighting the APC in the warehouses with CC's Squad. I am talking about some blatant foolishness that has happened every release since .5. I really am not concerned about it lasting...just wanted to vent...as forums are meant to facilitate.
      Last edited by StevieRay; 08-30-2008, 11:33 AM. Reason: typo
      sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

"I had a pretty good time last night, but I know that most of us saw the lack of regular TG gameplay...at least on my side."

Permission to quote? xD

First thing I will do, screw around on local servers to test out everything new.. I dont want to be a newb again..

§Sirsolo
        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
          "I had a pretty good time last night, but I know that most of us saw the lack of regular TG gameplay...at least on my side."

Permission to quote? xD

First thing I will do, screw around on local servers to test out everything new.. I dont want to be a newb again..

§Sirsolo
          lol,
          I spent 5 hours in single player going through every map, with a notebook marking down sneaky rally spot locations, angles of attack, and looking for tricks I can use to own the server. Most people just learn the new mods on the fly though...which makes the first 2 weeks of a release pretty awkward for team-play.
          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I played for a bit in the reg server but after a couple hours i went into a training mod, good place to screw around :P

I think the 0.75 training mod was better though...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Guys, the key thing to remember here is that the rules have not changed. The admin team is on the lookout for stupidity and smacktardery as always. You can and will be reported for doing foolish things, so keep your ducks in a row. In addition I'll remind everyone that TG tags are in no way a saving grace for acting the fool. If you get caught with tags on, you will be asked to remove them and suffer the same, if not harsher penalties as anyone else.

Comment

The game play yesterday was akward for awhile, but I think people started to get used to .8 after a few hours. Last night (european time) it seemed that squad play and cohesion had returned, at least from my perspective. It will be interesting to watch how many new people we see in the server in the coming days. People keep saying that this will draw out a bunch of crazy newbees, but I saw a real strong TG showing yesterday. I think after a few days things will get back in gear.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                  lol,
                  Most people just learn the new mods on the fly though...which makes the first 2 weeks of a release pretty awkward for team-play.
                  Lol thats what I do, when I first got PR I was so lost and didnt know where my SL was or where the enemy was. I sadly feel the same way again in v0.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
                    Lol thats what I do, when I first got PR I was so lost and didnt know where my SL was or where the enemy was. I sadly feel the same way again in v0.8.
                    I cannot get used to the new hueys and LB's not being able to pull out a nosedive. It kills me, my usual average flying abilities, and usually an entire squad in the chopper and an entire squad where the chopper crashes.:icon11:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fighter_99 View Post
                      I cannot get used to the new hueys and LB's not being able to pull out a nosedive. It kills me, my usual average flying abilities, and usually an entire squad in the chopper and an entire squad where the chopper crashes.:icon11:
                      Then you should be practicing on a training server before flying in a populated server. If you still cannot get used to it, stop flying and pick up a rifle.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X