Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best .8 story so far (keep it short!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best .8 story so far (keep it short!)

8/29/08 Operation Archer:

With 2 weapons caches left, the insurgents had dug in deep defenses in the north east airfield...and our US troops were closing in from all angles. My US squad was one of 3 full groups attacking this flag, and time and time again we were decimated by RPG's, .50 cal fire, and sniper cover. After our rally point was over-run, I found myself watching the map as 2 other full squads & their rallies disappeared, leaving only myself and 1 squad mate (Zoidberg!) alive. We army crawled for a good 10 minutes in the lowest valleys to get into the airfield base. We heard footsteps all around us and managed to avoid detection & sneak into the hangar where the cache was hidden. After killing 3 insurgents, we blew up 1 of the 2 remaining caches with grenades, when suddenly a new cache appeared right across the room from us. Thinking we had won the game, I started to talk trash to the other team "game over 30 seconds suckers" when in the middle of typing an insurgent comes running down the stairs with an ak-47! After frantically trying to get my weapon ready, I ended up typing something like " game overadfjlkfjafjalf" as he blasted me and my squad mate to the point that we are both black screened and bleeding out. On our dying last breaths, we both decided to go out with a bang, and began spamming our last grenades randomly about the room...knowing the end was near. Out of pure luck (and a little bit of skill) one of our grenades found the cache and ended the round, just as the insurgent was tossing a molitov cocktail into our corner of the room. Total buzzer-beater!
    Last edited by w.WAREHOUSE; 08-30-2008, 01:26 PM.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Your best .8 story so far (keep it short!)

It was I! Zoidberg!

The level that 0.8 has brought the game to is incredible - maps like Korengal, Archer and the new Muttrah are sure to throw people into some very exciting and memorable rounds. I think our entire round on Archer ranks very highly in my list of games played, from helicopter insertions both good and bad, to hoofing it across the mountains while doggedly pursued by insurgents both on technicals and foot mobile, until we found a defensible position at the air control tower.

I will say though, that the cache-hunting episode seemed a little bizarre. We actually took out 3 caches all in the same building. There was the one upstairs, then we went down and found another, while the last spawned on the other side of a wall from the previous one at the bottom of the staircase.

Still quite an accomplishment though. Particularly the total fluke that was destroying the last cache, from a random grenade while we were both bleeding profusely and most certainly on fire.

EDIT: One thing I would like to highlight as drawing you into the experience are the grenade and rocket detonation sounds. When we were up on the hill, and advancing through the gulley afterwards, the sound of the RPG impacts were quite effective at making sure I kept my head down. Even when I knew they were smacking into a hill a ways behind and above me.
    |TG|DocZoidIV

A Day in the Life of |TG-X|Turkish
    "It looks so tasty...."
    "That looks absolutely delightful!"
    "Wow that's a lot of tasty stuff!"
    "This is perfect, I love it!"

Comment

Getting kicked 3 times for punkbuster, joining a 4th time and getting a CTD 3 minutes in. F-ckin love it.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Originally posted by Betterdeadthanred View Post
        Getting kicked 3 times for punkbuster, joining a 4th time and getting a CTD 3 minutes in. F-ckin love it.
        LOL that is the best story ever! sorry BDTR!
        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Joined a Ramiel server, 64 people..loads great - I'm on my second pc which runs pr on medium, I join as Medic to a US Army Squad, I notice theres allot of VoIP communication going on which is great.
          I spawn at the rallypoint and link with my squad..we begin moving to a cache..we take fire & return fire back at the insurgents.
          I get hit and await my revival since we're 2 medics, he ressurects me and begins healing me.
          Since I'm a medic I'd help this process by healing myself with first aid, right?
          I pressed 8 and then clicked to switch it and BANG 3 round burst to the medic's head :-(
          It gave away our position to the insurgents and naturally everyone were pissed because I had just wasted the medic :|

On Korengal as Insurgent, in the middle of the valley..intense firefight - we are at the houses & fields firing at the US Army at the hills, the Army eventually reached us in the field and extreme CQC began there..so many grenades were tossed and firing in rampage mode with the AK47 was just damm awesome!

Comment

Killing a 2 Tanks with a BMP-3

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
              Killing a 2 Tanks with a BMP-3
              Yup! That and my squad plus I knifing 2 american snipers on Operation Archer

Comment

Getting desperate on Barracuda to the point where our squad decided to omgz-1337 it by hovering a chopper off shore and swimming in. Just as we were getting out the chopper crashed. However, instead of all being killed by the blast we all were left bleeding as we swam to shore. One by one we bled out and died in the water as if sharks were eating us.

Another harebrained scheme to the take the Docks flag on Barracuda involved the entire squad grabbing pilot kits and jumping out of the helo. Once again, the helo was blown up (this time by an AA rocket) just as we jumped out. Apparently our falling bodies rained down on the flag (at least that's what they said in chat).

All in all, pretty funny.
                The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Well, personally, my own story includes reading the "whats new", wondering what the maps look like, and wondering about some changes to the game..

So, what better place to ask but a place sharing experiences in game?
                  The question is as follows: How exactly do the new Snipers work, and how many of the kits are there availible at one point? (part 2, how many Marksman kits?)

Thanks... back to dreamland..

§Sirsolo
                  |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I killed a lot of Tangos.

By the way, I don't use that term in a disrespectful way.
                    Skud

Comment

Me n Turkish found out that TOWs kill tanks in 1 shot now, no matter where it hits.

Nuff said.

| |

Comment

I found out that if you honk the horn in MarineSeaknight's TOW HMMVW about 5,000 times without being in his squad, he gets really annoyed. 0.8 has lots of undocumented surprises.

I was involved in "Operation Think-outside-the-box" from the Baccaruda story above. We were actually able to take the docks from the Chinese in the last ten minutes of the game, so apparently the map is not completely unbalanced. I'm interested in seeing how it works out before having to resort to adding boats or APCs of any kind.
                        TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Barracuda is... a difficult place to assault. The docks were incredibly difficult to bring down... especially with the chinese flanking our assault squads every ten minutes. Attempting to get anywhere near it was tantamount to suicide with the new weapon and movement characteristics, since not only were the chinese entrenched and fortified, but were also dragging up all sorts of vehicle mounted .50 cals to wreck us with.

I've got to say, it's very interesting to have battles last as long as they do. You can have two squads at a distance engaged in a tense firefight for several minutes without any single squad member go down permanently.

In other news, with so much additional ammo being sent downrange in any firefight (and limited kits unable to be "refilled" by dying and requesting a new one), logistics is a great concern now.

Comment

It was a beautiful day with the wind blowing the stench off the rotting garbage piles all over Ramile. Me and my squad of rugged roughneck jihadi fighters were going into intercept the Americans coming from their airfield. The only thing on our bloodthirsty minds was KILL the infidel. As we ran threw alleyways the echos of gunfire could be heard all over the place. The aroma of death was fresh on the air(mixed with the stench of garbage and human/animal fecies). I was on the formation when suddenly... A humvee comes screeching down the road plowing down all my squadmates!!! I ducked down and retreated behind the buildings as the evil 50 calibur bullets sprayed pieces of concrete all over my Gutra! I ran for my life as they fired mercilessly into the bodys of my fallen comrades. I peeked down the next alley way and saw them pull down another street and park, the 5 passengers left the vehicle and went into the alley next to their vehicle. This is when it came to mind... DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR!!!!
                            I loaded another clip into my flimsy chinese made ak 47 assault rifle which has been carried by many men and children before for the cause of JIHAD! I peeked over a again and watched as another cell member fired off a burst into them wounding one critically before being ruthlessly murdered by the infidel! Thats when I saw my window, I crept around the other side of their building untill I was at the edge of the alley where they were nursing their wounds like the dogs they are! I switched the lever of my ak into rock and roll, flew around the corner, aimed, and FIRED. RATATATATATATATATATATATAT! Murder was in my eyes! Revenge or death was the objective! When the gunsmoke cleared I saw the bodys of my enemys strewn all over the alleyway. I laughed and yelled "ALLAH AKBAR!" before throwing a firebomb onto their radios and equipment..... '

Theres my story :D.... Keep in mind im an American and I have no views against my own people.... Its just a story based on an event that happened on the TG server. Sure I exaggerated a bit but who would want to read something without any emotion? Good game, see you guys soon.
                            WhEn I dIe sho no pKity, bKrinG my soul 2 Gangsta CiTy

Comment

We were driving like crazy on Korengal Valley when our Humvee ran into an insurgent roadblock. Instead of slowing down to pick them off our "team racing driver" Jeremy decided to go for it and smashed into the enemy technical.. we flew approxymatly 20 feet off the ground executing a perfect "barrel roll" over the enemy car and made a safe landing on the other side.. then we took off really fast!
                              Best moment of my life so far :) , too bad BR doesn't seem to be working, that was truly epic.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X