This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get rid of punkbuster

I've had enough. There are very few cheaters that inhabit PR, and those that do exist, Ie. the one's that keep posting BS all over youtube, never get caught by it anyway. The thing is a dinosaur of a program that doesn't catch anything legit and punishes normal players to the point of insanity. TG's constant admin presence makes having punkbuster a redundancy, and if you ask me, even having cheaters is a small price to pay for the removal of the insane guilty-until-proven-innocent policy that punkbuster has pioneered and thrust itself ass first into our free time.

It's time to get rid of punkbuster.

(Yeah, I'm a little pissed.)

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Re: Time to get rid of punkbuster

agreed, that program ruins almost everyones day. its constant kick for me. i dont even cheat. says something about me not shaking its hands... how do i shake a computers hand? didnt know they had one lol.
    the avatar is not me, its my favorite singer.

Comment

I have only ever have a problem with Punkbuster when a new version of PR comes out. After a day or two the server fixes the issues and I have no more problems. I say keep it

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Don't just think of yourself. A lot of us have continued problems with the software long after a release even after constant updates and more updates. I could go on and on about the software being antiquated and not catching a thing, but I think that is already a well known fact.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

I have to agree. I am constantly kicked upon joining because of this handshake error. Also, as it was said before, there is almost constantly an admin on observing the server and keeping everything in line. PB has outstayed it's welcome and usefulness.
          "I believe that forgiving them (the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks) is God's function. Our Job is simply to arrange the meeting." - H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

i was just playing in 1 server, got DIsco for no apparent reason.

Joined another server and get the hand shake failures???!! [email protected]@ i want to kill someone right now.

I just updated PB this morning. Enough allready.
            "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

word.

Comment

updated yet again and now server won't even let me join saying "punkbuster service must be enabled."

Comment

Ive never even really considered it, but now that I think about it, 90% agree.

Obvious cheats, definatly. Admins will see them, and will ban them. But there are cheats that arnt so obvious.

Take wallhacking for example. One can easily disguise wallhacking, nuff said. On a game thats as grand scaled as PR, it would be a little hard to prove said wallhack..

What PB needs to do is stop being like EA and actually do something thats above a "pass" grade.

§Sirsolo
                  |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Aye... I've actually felt pretty guilt about using my new supporting member status to get on the server, since I'm often immediately kicked upon load... the end result is that I've kicked two or more people instead of one by using the reserve slots. Not really sure what can be done, though...

Comment

Cheating can be hard to detect in general, and it's especially hard in PR.

You should see the number of people who post issues in the Contact an Admin section complaining that they can't join, and it's because they are hackers who have been banned by Punkbuster. If it were not for PB, they could be playing on the server right now.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Handshake would just mean the program did not introduce itself properly. Remember the old digital warble of your modem connecting, I presume its like that.

Im not aware of any real solution to it though and I ended up myself rejoining and presumably kicking players like 5 times

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Generally I try to restart PR before I rejoin... It seems a little nonsensical that it wouldn't work off a fresh start regardless, but it seems to help. Perhaps that's just me confusing correlation with causation, though.

Comment

Only if there was a way to get the global PB ban list streaming to the server without having to use PB. That would solve so many problems.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

How the F could it work this morning and now not work at all. Ive uninstalled\reinstalled\updated and nothing.

If I could find the prick responsible I'd kick him in the mouth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X