Proposal: Weekly In-House Scrim Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Weekly In-House Scrim Series

With the release of v0.8 comes a myriad of new maps which we must become familiar with in order to have a good gaming experience. Even on the TG server, it sometimes becomes hard to have a COMPLETELY cohesive team when most people do not know the ins and outs of a map. In my opinion, the best way for TGers to overcome this lack of familiarity would be to formulate in-depth strategies for each map.

So now I come to my point... I propose that for each new map (and maps like archer we did not play very much before v0.8) we have a weekly scrim. In addition, a MANDATORY strategy session should be setup for each team (this would include squad members, not only prospective leaders). Ideally, a strategy session would happen sometime during the week for each team, and the scrim would happen that weekend.

This is about as far as I have gotten with the idea, and don't know how we should go about player selection (obviously a random or alternate pick method).

I would greatly appreciate comments.

PS - I propose barracuda as the first map due to the fact that the US never seems to get past the first flag. Muttrah would work too though.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Re: Proposal: Weekly In-House Scrim Series

That's a good idea. Now would only IHS's members be able to participate?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fighter_99 View Post
      That's a good idea. Now would only IHS's members be able to participate?
      nuuu! that would suck... for me... but i guess it's understandable.
      nice idea overall though. just... don't ... leave me out of it q_q

Comment

We will be resuming password nights in the near future. Other special events, or specifically themed password nights, will follow.

Everyone sit tight and we'll get stuff up about it. In the meantime, just enjoy the new release, huh?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          We will be resuming password nights in the near future. Other special events, or specifically themed password nights, will follow.

Everyone sit tight and we'll get stuff up about it. In the meantime, just enjoy the new release, huh?
          How am I supposed to enjoy when everytime I get on ts I get yelled at for crashing the chopper. Good to see PW nights are coming though.

Comment

if u are getting yelled at for crashing the choppers maybe dont fly them then
            I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by IRS_Agent View Post
              In addition, a MANDATORY strategy session should be setup for each team (this would include squad members, not only prospective leaders). Ideally, a strategy session would happen sometime during the week for each team, and the scrim would happen that weekend.
              I resist the idea of preset strategies. I love to see squad leaders adapt to their situation and create new strategies on the fly. You can say "Okay, SQ1 will attack from east and SQ2 attack from west simultaneously" but in the end something manages to change the circumstances and you are going to have to come up with an alternate plan anyway.

Also, I think looking at a screenshot of a map and deciding your strategy really takes the fun out of being a squad leader. I find it rewarding to be "in a pickle", for lack of a better term, and suddenly learn something about the map that completely changes my original strategy.

Comment

I hope we get PW nights back soon, I really miss them.
                Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

The best laid plans of mice and men cannot survive the first exchange of lead.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanator8811 View Post
                    of mice and men
                    Poor Lennie! (Who knows what im talking about??)

Anyway, im with Kevlar on this you can have a quick briefing at the start but really you have to come up with it as you go
                    |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Originally posted by CryOfTheWulfen View Post
                      Poor Lennie! (Who knows what im talking about??)

Anyway, im with Kevlar on this you can have a quick briefing at the start but really you have to come up with it as you go
                      Sadly... I know what you're talking about...

And yea, no set plan will ever work and if it does something really bad is probably about to happen, to be a successful SL you need to be able to setup a strategy on the go.

Comment

I had an idea somewhat like this, but specific to.. well, the only idea I actually had was a nightly.. or rather, roundly "all air" or "all tank" or "all asset x" games.. it would be fun to see 64 jets in the air in a training server =D

~Sirsolo
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
                          I had an idea somewhat like this, but specific to.. well, the only idea I actually had was a nightly.. or rather, roundly "all air" or "all tank" or "all asset x" games.. it would be fun to see 64 jets in the air in a training server =D

~Sirsolo
                          Sounds like no more screaming at ppl because they crashed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fighter_99 View Post
                            Sounds like no more screaming at ppl because they crashed something.
                            Only problem I found so far was when I look at the training mod 0.756 installation.. I dont know what its going to be like in 0.8.

Well just have to see. *Continues daydreaming about the 64 jets*

~Sirsolo
                            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse