addendum to the PR SOP's/Loading screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addendum to the PR SOP's/Loading screen

if this is the wrong place to post please feel free to lock/delete/throw me down the well.

I would like to propose an addendum or addition to the PR SOP's and the loading screen.

Simply stating that vehicles are for transport only unless you are an insurgent on an insurgency map.

Pretty much since the release of .8 and with the newly available usage of early 1980 models of station wagons and sedans from the GM scrap yard, I have seen both US and MEC players running over people while using these cars on maps which are not insurgent maps. I have also seen this happen with Humvees and the forklift (yes it is amazing that you can drive it, but not so amazing that you should make an example of how not to drive it).

I think of suicide tactics as using a vehicle (when not an insurgent) to purposely run over people in hopes of being shot/at'ed in hopes to destroy a large amount of people and or structures.
    Yes accidents happen I ran over someone on qwai in a nanjing on saturday as i barreled into fishing village, he soldier popped out of a croching position and ran across, and he fell under my tires, i wasn't gunning for him, but things happen.

But I have seen it a lot so far on muttrah city both the US and the MEC side in vodniks or station wagons, sedans, humvees and forklifts purposefully doing this......

remember guys this is .8 not .2 (i started playing on .4)when PR has just come out, everyone by now should understand and comprehend the rules completely on the TG server.....
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: addendum to the PR SOP's/Loading screen

Yeah there have been an influx in the amount of guys running around in vehicles. So I would support you there but on it should not be outlawed. If someone get out infront of you and starts shooting since it faster and safer to run him over then getting the .50 on him.

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
    remember guys this is .8 not .2 (i started playing on .4)when PR has just come out, everyone by now should understand and comprehend the rules completely on the TG server.....
    Eventhough you have played since .4 doesnt mean that everyone have. Alot of people are comming from vanilla and they need some breaking. I always order people out of vehicles when we are not moving from point A to B or we need the .50 for support.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
      Yeah there have been an influx in the amount of guys running around in vehicles. So I would support you there but on it should not be outlawed. If someone get out infront of you and starts shooting since it faster and safer to run him over then getting the .50 on him.

Eventhough you have played since .4 doesnt mean that everyone have. Alot of people are comming from vanilla and they need some breaking. I always order people out of vehicles when we are not moving from point A to B or we need the .50 for support.
      there's a difference between having a squad in a car and someone in front of your path shooting at you and you running them over, as opposed to you being in a car with a squad or one other person or by yourself and deliberately driving around with the purpose of running people over/using your car as a steam roller.

Yes people might be brand new to PR in general, and if they haven't played at TG they should pay attention to the loading screen and ask question's rather than doing what they feel is right.......its all common sense really when you think about it.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

This is clearly against the PR rules already, I'm not sure how many we need on the loading screen.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Look, while I don't really like it, running people over is ok to an extent. I think I was road kill about 5 times last night total, a couple on Muttrah and twice for sure on Kashan - a vodnik rammed me on a ladder and a tank turned me into an exploding watermelon later.

Anyway, the point is this: Unless you are spending 5 minutes driving in circles with the sole intent of running people over (I remember somebody doing this on Operation Phoenix a while back), then just chalk it up to the 'crap happens' department. You might think the admins are lazy or just indifferent by not enforcing this, but to be honest, if any of us need to review every minute of a BR to see if someone is running people over and then make a subjective decision as to their 'intent', then you're just plain crazy.

There doesn't need to be another rule added. We have this type of stuff covered in rule #1. Why do we feel the need to legislate every single little thing? Just tell them to stop and that it isn't acceptable behavior here. I don't think we need to drop the banhammer on every single little infraction. A lot of times people insist on it just because they're po'd they died. Yeah, it sucks. Yeah, dying in .8 makes things a lot harder on everyone. Ok, get over it.

Just report the issue and the admins will deal with it how they feel is appropriate.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

you got it, will do and thanks for clarifying/responding so quickly disposable.....this can be locked.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

No, as long as there is some constructive discussion I'll leave it open. Muttrah and Ramiel are two maps that are going to have this problem. I understand the frustration: You're a SL, you get your squad formed on you moving in a column along a wall in a street for cover, advancing on the enemy slowly. Everyone is covering their sectors and life is good, then HOOOONNKKK!!! Enemy jeep runs you all down!! That is BS. But I just have a hard time justifying a rule specifically against this. Again, it's all about deciphering intent after the fact. Also, as I said above, this type of behavior is covered in rule #1, but I have to wonder if this type of thing hasn't happened in real life in any of the current war zones at some point??

Anyway, if we can keep it civil and constructive, the thread will stay open.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                but I have to wonder if this type of thing hasn't happened in real life in any of the current war zones at some point??
                It have, once while on vehicle patrol a guy jumped out infront of our column and started shooting. The driver of the front vehicle just gunned it and hit him. He survived as far as I know since he was still alive when we brought him back to base;)
                If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Where I think the issue arises is when you have instances like Muttrah, where upon entering the docks, the Marines appeared to abandon all doctrine and zoom around in forklifts and humvees trying to run people over. It is the forklifts in particular that annoy me, as they have no utility on the front line beyond being used to crush people - at one point last night, there were two forklifts circling repeatedly around the ramp-access building I was positioned on. It was ridiculous to say the least, and would've been immensely frustrating to have been hit by one. As it turned out, one of the drivers was foolish enough to jump out and try to shoot me after a failed attempt at running me over, and he was promptly riddled with bullets.

I have seen tactics like this a few other times on Muttrah, with one manned Vodniks circling the block repeatedly trying to run over the squad I was in. That's a problem. If they had gunners that were shooting as they passed, it would be much less of a problem as it would be well within the bounds of the TG Primer and so on.

The way I read the rules, it looks very much as though intentional, repeated instances such as forklifts and one manned vodniks/humvees would fall under the ban on suicide tactics - so it should just be a matter of reporting it when it happens. And hoping the other team will be forthcoming with naming the individuals involved.
                  |TG|DocZoidIV

A Day in the Life of |TG-X|Turkish
                  "It looks so tasty...."
                  "That looks absolutely delightful!"
                  "Wow that's a lot of tasty stuff!"
                  "This is perfect, I love it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zoidberg View Post
                    Where I think the issue arises is when you have instances like Muttrah, where upon entering the docks, the Marines appeared to abandon all doctrine and zoom around in forklifts and humvees trying to run people over. It is the forklifts in particular that annoy me, as they have no utility on the front line beyond being used to crush people - at one point last night, there were two forklifts circling repeatedly around the ramp-access building I was positioned on. It was ridiculous to say the least, and would've been immensely frustrating to have been hit by one. As it turned out, one of the drivers was foolish enough to jump out and try to shoot me after a failed attempt at running me over, and he was promptly riddled with bullets.
                    This is a perfect example how how reporting a player, or calling a player out is needed.......

I just hope that since the training maps have been included in the update, that we will see fewer instances of this type of a**hattery and those who need to get their rocks off will do it in the training mode.

I strongly believe in the coming weeks we will see less and less of this, this was the first release weekend, and with school across the US being in session now hopefully less of this will be visible.

maybe there is a need to drive a civilian car that i don't know about.......i can agree though that having a squad in formation while traversing the docks only to be run down by a vodnik is freaking frustrating, why can't their armor be less??!! (jk).

We are all green in regards to this mod, I don't see the US being hunkered down at the docks forever at Muttrah, it is my favorite map and i have been waiting a long time for its return and i will not let it become another zatar wetlands!!!
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                      This is a perfect example how how reporting a player, or calling a player out is needed.......
                      Absolutely. I was, however, somewhat tied up with dodging more forklifts. ;)
                      I do think (or hope, atleast) that giving it a few more days/weeks will see these incidents drop off dramatically, but it is annoying nonetheless.
                      |TG|DocZoidIV

A Day in the Life of |TG-X|Turkish
                      "It looks so tasty...."
                      "That looks absolutely delightful!"
                      "Wow that's a lot of tasty stuff!"
                      "This is perfect, I love it!"

Comment

Gentlemen,

Please do me a favor and click here. Then take a look at the first rule. Strive towards realism. We know that it is not realistic to just roll around running people over, but at the same time, it is bound to happen from time to time. The admins cannot police this alone, we need help from the regulars to monitor/prevent this. If you see players doing this (repeatedly), then report them to an admin. But at the same time, if you cry wolf, you will not be taken seriously the next time you report. Remember, it is not only the admins who should keep the server clean...
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

If im driving down a street in a car and i see infantry that isn't out of the way, sure im going to try to turn and run them over. Who wouldn't? I wouldn't go back for a second turn though.

Comment

So just to clarify, we can report a person that does circles around our squad steam rolling us multiple times?
                            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

I have been hit by a forklift 2 times now... Its funny but gets annoying after a while.

Edit: I think this could be fixed by making those station wagons more permeable to bullets. I often find myself firing entire clips into station wagons and technical at close range without getting a single hit.

|
                              |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse