Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons animations

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone else believes the weapons animations are a fraction too slow.

I fell like im in slow motion. My reasoning is that in a combat situation i would hold my rifle slightly dipped so i get a full view of my surroundings, then when i need to engage just lift my rifle the remaining 15-20 cm to engage.

At the moment i feel like there is no in between, as i have to raise my rifle completly everytime i want to switch between observation and engaging.

Does this make sence? What r your thoughts? (wouldnt it be good if u could dip your rifle? rather than lower it?)

By the way .8 rocks.... good job devs.

Cheers Aus
    |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Re: Weapons animations

The general consensus is that the animations are too fast. Hopefully they will fix them and slow them down some more in the next patch.
    TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

i think they're just right, just imo hammering the magazine against your head around 8 times in a row when reloading is somewhat nonsense, Now wonders me: Do the marines or Army folks get brain damage from that? count that up: 1 year in iraq slam the mag against your head around 420000 times. not healthy, i guess thats a very unrealistic aspect of this.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by creepinshadow24/7 View Post
        i think they're just right, just imo hammering the magazine against your head around 8 times in a row when reloading is somewhat nonsense, Now wonders me: Do the marines or Army folks get brain damage from that? count that up: 1 year in iraq slam the mag against your head around 420000 times. not healthy, i guess thats a very unrealistic aspect of this.
        LOL thats quite funny. I just realised that maybe i should be using un scoped rifles more now.
        |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Comment

ok i must admit i was exaggerating,, its only 419999 times slamming the mag against the head lol.

i think that is the biggest bugger about the animations!

Comment

Too fast? The animations are waay too slow, especially for ACOG and SUSAT. I recall one thread saying that a guy (serving in the military) was almost insulted by how slow it is (he meant it as a joke, about being insulted, but the point he was conveying stays the same).

Ironsights are OK, a little faster would be nice.

And reloading, it is unrealistic I believe to hit the mag on your head before loading it. No, I have never fired an M16 or QBZ before, but from what I have read, the reason soldiers did that was to stop feed jams back in the days of the M16A1 and the first SA80s (the ones that jammed all the time). Now that the SA80 and the M4/16s are better, soldiers don't knock their mags on their heads.

I could be wrong, I'm not in the military, feel free to correct me if you have experience.
            Waldo II

Comment

Slamming the mag on your helmet is frowned upon because the spot welds holding it together are really crappy and has a tendency to give out with the slightest hit. The reason why its in game is simple...it looks really cool.
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Whats really interesting is that not all the kits wear helmets..

OUCH!!

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                  Whats really interesting is that not all the kits wear helmets..

OUCH!!
                  roflol:D

Comment

You don't feel it in the padded helmet. Even in the old "suspension" style of helmet your head never touches the actual shell of the helmet. It's not just a steel pot resting on the top of your head. :)
                    TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                      but from what I have read, the reason soldiers did that was to stop feed jams
                      Well, when I was into IPSC, I always slammed my mags (against my palm) after loading them, but obviously not when reloading (no time !). Never had a jam. Whether it made a difference or not, I'll never know :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

about the scoping in, this vid demonstrates nicely how long it take to get to the aimpoint from low ready position. The soldiers in PR though always have it in high ready position or whatever you call that. and the time it take to aim in the aimpoint in or equals the time it takes from low ready position.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgloLDJXxy8&feature=related[/media]

Comment

from what i've heard, everything they did with the animations was for two things, 1) to slow down the game so you can't just rush around everywhere blowing people away, and 2) because it looks cool.
                          also, i'm pretty sure they made scoping in take such a long time because earlier, the iron sight rifles were more or less useless in any situation, even CQB.
                          sure, it's not 100% realistic, but imo, PR is not supposed to be a simulation, just a more realistic and tactical FPS.

Comment

I really hate how slow the acog animation is. I don't mind the aimpoint so I basically would rather have a medic kit as an SL than an officer kit. Some of the animations are foolish, sure it looks kinda cool but the animations where you tilt your head sideways just throw me off.

Comment

Yea I hope they change the animations even slightly would be great, I remember in the version before last the Hat kit was impossible to use, then in the previous prob to easy, now they have made it too hard again.

The other day i was in a covered position, crawled up on a Apc (from a long distance) went to my knees lined him up with the hat......... 2 mins later (animation) about to fire then he kills me.. he should have gone down first. Lol maybe just bad luck... no more shooting down choppers with the Hat :(
                              |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X