No announcement yet.

Crash to desktop after 5mins of play!!!!!HELP!!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop after 5mins of play!!!!!HELP!!!!

I have a problem that has really bugged me for awhile and I have never found any solutions for it. I have read a lot of other threads and done many searches but nothing has fixed my problem.

Whenever I play PR it will play fine for about 5-10 minutes but then the game freezes for a second and then I get kicked to the desktop with no error message or anything. Most of the thread I have read is people getting CTD when they are loading or just finished loading the map. But thats not my problem.... I can load the maps fine, i just get kicked to desktop at random times while playing and it drives me crazy. I can't even play one full map without getting kicked.

I have tried different video drivers, checking system temperatures, setting bf.exe to run on only 1 cpu (setting affinity), updating pb, reinstalling bf, reinstalling PR, I even reformatted Windows and nothing has worked....

System Specs:
    AMD 4400+ 64 X2 Dual
    3x 512mb Corsair pc3200 ram
    BFG 8800GTS 640mb PCI-E Video Card
    Creative Labs X-FI Fatality sound card

Any help would be much appreciated as this makes me wana go insane because PR is the only game I have fun with anymore

Edit: I recently read a thread that you have to set game resolution to 1024x768 or you will CTD. I will have to try this because I am playing at custom 1680x1050 resolution because otherwise the textures look like crap and the text is all blurry. (just thought I should mention that i was playing in custom res)
    Last edited by Dizz1e; 09-02-2008, 11:11 PM. Reason: Found more info

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed