Do you enjoy playing as an insurgent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you enjoy playing as an insurgent?

Just wondering what everyone 's thoughts are on this. Personally I 'm always happy to be on the US/Brit side when such a map comes up. They have better weapons, revive abilities and better assets. Playing as an insurgent usually means getting killed tons of times and eating your keyboard out of frustration :(.

Then there 's the kits, I have trouble finding the pick up kits and it 's really hard to fight the other team 's assets without RPG 's/AA. I wish they could just request the kits or have them marked on the map. I don't think they have to search for them IRL...

I 've yet to play in a squad that gets good teamwork going on the infidel side... usually running one myself but I find it very hard to get organised. Also never seen a good insurgent team win from a good US/Brit team so imo the maps are kind of biased.

This is not a rant and any advice on becoming succesful as an insurgent is welcome, I usually have a hard time enjoying myself.
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Re: Do you enjoy playing as an insurgent?

I love playing insurgent! Rushing the brits with molotovs is my favourite lately. But playing the civie and throwing rocks and giving intel also gives me a laugh. I don't know, it's sort of like the only role in PR where you can basically just goof around. It's funny! :D

Comment

When I sucessfully IED an APC or another vehicle, I enjoy it, when I get MG-sniped by a tank, I don't. ;)

Comment

An opservation that I have made is that people generally dont take insurgents seriusly. Therefore teamwork and coordination goes down the drain.

On maps like basrah and ramiel the insurgents need a commander. The reason is that he will be able to set up killzones so that its not random anymore. but making the enemy take specific routs because all others are blocked by some kind of killzone. Unfortunatly we are not able to deploy road blocks as insurgents. that would make life alot easier.

But I really dont enjoy insurgents because of the lack of coordination.
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Insurgents aren't usually very organised in real life so they shouldn't be here either! Just keeping it real :D

Comment

I enjoy playing as insurgents when an insurgent team has squadleaders and squadplayers that don't go ramboing and being silly. I've seen many american squads get destroyed by a sneaky insurgent squad waiting by a cache on Ramiel. You complain about kits? The PKM is very good and the SKS actually makes a decent medium range rifle. Most of the time I pickup american kits anyway. It's always amusing when you pickup that NATO spec ops kit.

Though the lack of revives on maps such as korengal is really annoying to keep an insurgent squad together.

Comment

Being an insurgent can go two ways for me, if I have patience it can be awesome and I can actually get a decent k:d ratio. However, since the beginning of Insurgency on Basrah it really is the screw around faction. Cars with star wars canteen music, dirtbikes, bombs, IEDs, suicide cars, big red, did I mention explosions?

I usually end up having fun either way though, trying some ridiculous things Evil Knievel style on dirtbikes, or going Predator mode in Korengal fields.

Everyone has their own opinions on how the mode should be played which is why it's fun really, just don't expect 100% hardcore tactics as insurgents.
              Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Being new to the insurgency mode... (since .8) I am enjoying the mode... Kinda puts a different spin on things..and if you get a good squad who uses the insurgents as SHIELDS and as BAIT (as in real life) you can perform well. The other day two of my squaddies got baited into an alley chasing an insurgent only to find an IED waiting for them. Another time 2 of us (me included) chased an insurgent up a Rope to nowhere.. we both died while attempting to try something on the rope (Falling the incredible 1 floor!)... The insurgent just LOL'ed and ran away.. Sweet.. The insurgants make great bait... to draw in the crew with just flex-cuffs in their hand only to run into a group of MG's..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I don't really enjoy being an insurgent on Basrah. The map seems to just be untactical someway.... maybe the dis tances of engagement. But on maps like Archer, Korengal,or Ramiel, with the close quarters combat, being an insurgent is awsome.
                  Make sure that you just play with a group of friends who you know will play as tactically as you like.

Comment

personally, I love archer as insurgent. The USA tends to be distracted easily, so I play the fool and fight them. My squad kept a full US squad tied in in the N-E corner of the map, where no caches were located, for 10 minutes, and we were spawn-camping THEM more than they were spawn-camping us.

I also REALLY love the new Insurgent AT kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffraffselbow View Post
                      I also REALLY love the new Insurgent AT kit.
                      If only I could find it... :).

I know where they are on Basrah and in the manual it sais they 're located around the mosque. Does this count for every insurgency map?
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Although I have tried to get into the insurgent aspect, I just dont find it as organized as the coalition forces. It lacks the teamplay, and at times, just seems like caos. Its just not for me. And of course the weapons are not good enough in my opinion. But you know what people say about opinions!
                        |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

4 words

RKG-3 Anti Tank Grenade

take out a full hummer with one and you'll grin
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

The pickup kits are located at the insurgents "main base" and in the weapon caches. If you get the kits and some vehicles, you can do hit and runs easily and very effectively. You shouldn't play as insurgents the same way you play the other conventional armies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Insurgency is a blast! You just have to change your mindset. Insurgents work better in smaller groups than massed together. Pay attention to the map to see what caches the other team is aware of and defend the access routes to those caches. If everyone groups on the cache you're telling the enemy exactly where it is.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X