This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore Sunday: September 14th!!

That's right! The next Hardcore C & C match will be this Sunday, September 14th. We will have a roll call starting at 7pm CST and try to start the match at 7:30pm CST.

The location for this week's battle: The QinLing province

CNC-16: Support Trucks, Transport helicopter, Jeeps

For this match, we will run it as a pick 'em, so we need volunteers for CO for each team prior to Sunday. Please PM one of the admins or post in the Contact an Admin forum if you'd like to volunteer. This will give each CO ample time to plan a strategy and be ready when it comes time for the match.

This will be a password event, so please remember the following:
    • Prior to the start of the match, use coms as little as possible so each SL can hear the CO
    • Teamkilling prior to the start of the match will result in not being allowed to participate in the match or worse
    • All weapons are on 'safe' - DO NOT FIRE WEAPONS!
    • During the match, all server rules are expected to be upheld. Violators will receive a minimum 1 week ban and not be allowed to participate in password events for 1 month.

Password events are special events for our community and are there to provide an organized match that raises the bar from our normal play. It is a privilege to participate in these events; some of the best gaming nights a lot of us have experienced have been on password nights. As such, we have a zero tolerance policy for any misbehaving during one of these events.

Please be on teamspeak no later than 7pm CST for roll call and to start the selection process. Once teams are selected, each CO and their SL will go to their respective team leadership channels for planning. We will begin the match at 7:30 pm CST sharp.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Hardcore Sunday: September 14th!!

It might be too early to discuss this, but what will be the rule regarding the main base of each side, I only ask this because you are able to build a FOB inside the main.

Will main bases be open for attack in general for only CnC from now on?

I am hoping to make it as per when I get back from Philly that Sunday.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I think the discussion last night was that on C & C, the entire map is hostile, but this is not definite. If a team builds one of their FOB in their main, it should be attackable, but then you run into spawn camping problems. Also, that team also has up to 3 other FOBs at least 400m from their main, so attacking the one in the main, if there is one there, should be a last resort. I think we should keep the main flag rules the same, but once it is in play then open fire.

I'm open to suggestions and discussion here. We could also try it with the whole map as hostile Sunday and see how it works out. My only fear, again, is someone is going to use this as their excuse to finally snipe people in the main because they haven't been able to do it since Vanilla and they've got years of pent-up spawn raping frustration built up.

Comment

tis a shame it is so late for us european people this looks like a good idea but it shall be too late for me to participate in :(

Comment

I agree with that disposable, if a team builds a FB or bunker in their main, then maybe the rule should be that you can attack the bunker itself and not the vehicles in the main, or the personnel deep within the main base.

Players next to, the bunker or fb are open for attack in the Main base if there is one, but there should be no snipers/marksmen allowed, maybe we can make it that only infantry are allowed to take down the FB/bunker, if the team you are on is not allowed yet to attack the main.

If that makes any sense.

maybe we can draw up a conclusion and try it out on TS this coming sunday, so everyone is on the same page as a whole.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            I agree with that disposable, if a team builds a FB or bunker in their main, then maybe the rule should be that you can attack the bunker itself and not the vehicles in the main, or the personnel deep within the main base.

Players next to, the bunker or fb are open for attack in the Main base if there is one, but there should be no snipers/marksmen allowed, maybe we can make it that only infantry are allowed to take down the FB/bunker, if the team you are on is not allowed yet to attack the main.

If that makes any sense.

maybe we can draw up a conclusion and try it out on TS this coming sunday, so everyone is on the same page as a whole.

I'm a fan of the fewer rules, the better, and the ones that you do have need to be crystal clear and easy for everyone to understand. So, it's either open season on the main or it's not, with nothing in between. Simple for everyone to understand and easy to enforce. Perhaps the rule should be that you can't build a FOB in your own main, and the main is off limits until you are clear to engage it. Multiple problems solved with that.

Comment

That is a excellent idea, because from my understanding, there will always be a spawn at the main unless it is capped, and that could solve everyone's problems and make the CnC round be played out as it is described in the Picture.

I think as we found out last night, especially on the US team that building a FB in the main raises to many concerns, and questions, and confusion.

I would be more than happy next weekend (along with the rest of the guys once an agreement is reached) as per to try the rule that you cannot build in the main or attack the main.

This is a new and uncharted area for us, but I do enjoy the CnC maps, it brings a new spectrum of tactical awareness and strategy to the table.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Last night was not to late for me I got about 3 hours of sleep before going to work 8)

Will probably show up for this one to.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

ill be there! JOIN US!
                  [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

Sounds good I'll try to make it. Sorry I couldn't make this last one I had computer problems and had to start from scratch again. Quinling should be a good map to play. They removed that annoying lag too!

Comment

Try and be there early of possible.

Hang out in the public channel too so I dont have to go around and collect ya'll out of diffrent chanels.

Nardini
                      AFScoccer
                      RandShugart

All these people have CO'd. I sure would like to see some fresh blood up there this week. Think about a plan now and help us out by stepping up.
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Its not needed to destroy the enemy fob to get the go ahead on their main so I dont think any change to ucb rules is needed, just makes it more complex

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                          Its not needed to destroy the enemy fob to get the go ahead on their main so I dont think any change to ucb rules is needed, just makes it more complex
                          But last night on Qwai CnC, there were PLA forces taking down the bunker built at PigFarm. I'm not arguing whether the flag was able to be attacked at the time or not, just pointing out what happened.

I think to avoid any confusion, all FOBs need to be built away from the main flag. If makes things very, very simple and also adheres to our current UCB rules that say you cannot be in the enemy main unless it can be attacked. On maps like Fools Road and QinLing, this is very easy. I'm pretty sure it can be done on Qwai as well without difficulty.

Comment

Can't wait! Quinling is a great choice, thanks to all the for a great round on Qwai, especially the admins for organizing the event. Keep them coming!

|
                            |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                              .....they've got years of pent-up spawn raping frustration built up.
                              You know me so well...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X