This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerting players pre-sm kick

On a bit of inspiration, would it be possible to add a 15-30 second warning time for players getting kicked (Those of you who fly fully loaded transport choppers probably understand)

Just enough time to relay a final order or hold off on requesting that kit or some other action that. Or land a fully loaded huey before it plunges to the depths of Jabal's coastline.

I understand if not, but it would be really nice to have those few seconds to react.

(Searching "alert players kick" did not yield a thread with this suggestion.)

Re: Alerting players pre-sm kick

The programming for that would be too complicated, if not downright impossible.

It would involve somehow delaying the connection of the SM that is trying to join.

Even if it were possible, though, it would be unlikely that we'd implement it, as often the 2 'reserved' spots get clogged up with joiners as it is. Adding another 15 seconds (or whatever) would only make that worse.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It would be REALLY nice to have that instead of the "*pop* wth just happened?"
      It would be nice to see when we're getting kicked.

~Sirsolo
      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I have my super secret ways of avoiding SM kicks... But will i share them with you, that is the question....

Comment

Would it instead be possible to begin warning the player that they are the on who will be getting kicked when an SM joins? Say every 30 seconds spam chat with, "XXXXXX you are next in the queue to be kicked for a supporting member". At least they would have some prior warning about the kick.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
            Would it instead be possible to begin warning the player that they are the on who will be getting kicked when an SM joins? Say every 30 seconds spam chat with, "XXXXXX you are next in the queue to be kicked for a supporting member". At least they would have some prior warning about the kick.
            Then they could just leave the server and come back to avoid the kick. The kick is all about ambushes, it waits until you're doing something important, then it strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              that would be cool and i think the most practical, too bad i don't know how any of that works though so maybe it's not

Comment

Its actually pretty easy to aviod the SM kick script. But like pwnage said its better left a secret.

If you want to know, just send me a pm.
                Created by Sonic

Comment

The warnings for the most part are random, from what i have seen, or it might be a random shuffle kicking those who have been on the longest. if you are not a SM and have been on for a long time (several hours) without a kick, and the server is at the height/time of SM's joining, then there might be that chance that you and other players are on the top of that list.....

There is a command that pops up on the screen and says "Player X you are being removed for a supporting member." Its pretty self explanatory, and it alerts you.

The problem with someone having an ample amount of time in my mind, will lead to people disconnecting before they disconnect, a way to somehow cheat the system......

If you have the means there is a easy way to correct the problem, and if not you can try to reconnect.

Last night a player in my squad was disconnected for a SM, and 5-8mins later he was back in the server....

The fellas at TG run a tight ship, and there are perks for being a member of TG and perks for being a SM at TG.

I've tried to Join the server in the past when its been full with 64 Supporting members....now that is a pickle let me tell you, and you have to wait until a slot opens, and then you have to see if you can be the first person in that slot........
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Could you imagine all the non supporting members hopping out one after the other to avoid the kick. That'd be as funny as watching that video about the lemmings walking off the cliff... lol.

P.S. I solved my kick problem with money ;)

Comment

No disrespect but....

Useless idea/feature IMO
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I'm going to lock this - it isn't going to happen.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X