X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A proposal concerning the SM kick

Originally posted by R-MOD Mongolian_Dude
    I suspect you guys dont really want to hear it, but I think its becomming quite a relevant and affecting factor of the TG public server now.

Its about the contraversial Supporting Member system.
    Im not going to tell you how to run your server, its yours. I just think that some of the affects of supporting membership need to be addressed.

For a non-SM, it is not uncommon to find yourself being swiftly removed for joining SM; as the TG public server has grown to be perhaps PR's most popular server yet, its almost always full.
    Alot of the time I play on TG on a private teamspeak chanel with friends/aquaintences who join me on the server. There are few times now that we have been playing together and had to just abandon rounds, as member after member gets kicked for an SM; forced to squabble with other non-SMs for that golden 61/62 player slot ( to the stage I am gaining repetitive strain injury in my left mouse finger from refreshing )

Our games are quite often hindered or sometimes plain ruined, as we all find ourselves subject to that kick. I can also imagine that others in a similar position to ours suffer just as much.
    Iv noticed that not only do squads suffer, but often teams are heavily burdened with a fragmenting leadership and a break down in organisation.
    The worst case scanario (and by no means rare) is that a squad leader will be kicked (They are usually the first to go, as those that play most and longest become more experienced and able to lead others to success).
    Even worse can be that a transport pilot is kicked, leaving a flying (now rappidly falling) coffin, carearing towards the ground/water.
    With a system that kicks as seemingly as indescriminate ((I understand that it is based on playing time, but its like having a sniper that you cant eliminate,that will eventually and enevitablly wipe you from the server )) as this, the tides of battle are slendom left to the normal variables.

Ofcourse, it would be rediculous and unproductive for me to suggest that the SM system be removed, but there are some obvious flaws that, for those on the recieving end, are almost unforgivable.
    What i can suggest, is an opposing method. Perhaps increase the price of supporting membership, as I think this would reduce the amount of supporting members (and therefore the need to compete with others and obtain the membership in the first place) and bring up server quality ten-fold.

constructive criticism,

...mongol...
    As we all know the commander is unaffected by the SM kick, now i'd like to know if it is a nice idea to have the same count for squadleaders! I guess loosing a squadleader is more hurtful to the team than loosing a squadmember.
    This would also motivate a lot of people to go as a SL.

another little suggestion might be that this also applies for pilots...

dunno if this is actually technically possible, but if, what do you guys think of it?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: A proposal concerning the SM kick

commanding is one thing and its important, being an SL is a;so important, but you can create a squad and be in it by yourself and be an SL.... but then someone is going to say "well if i'm flying or tanking, sniping, waiting at the main base for a vehicle, or for a kit, or for the next map why should i be kicked etc etc..." If you are a SL and are kicked, then the person who then becomes an SL might have a chance to then SL or learn to SL...............the admins know their stuff, and its a perk to get a supporting membership.....yes we all cannot afford it, but its something to work for, or to save up.......
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

We used to exempt squad leaders, but what it does is allow people to just join the server and camp the SL position in order to avoid the kick. So, that's out.

Increasing the SM fee is an interesting idea, especially considering that it's the same cost now as it was like 5 years ago.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

10$ per month, i wouldn't pay moar tbh..

but i mean, as for the "camping" SL position, single locked squads aren't actually possible. And you could report somebody for not squadleading but just waiting at the airfield or so..

Comment

Is adding a second server too expensive and completely out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by creepinshadow24/7 View Post
            10$ per month, i wouldn't pay moar tbh..

but i mean, as for the "camping" SL position, single locked squads aren't actually possible. And you could report somebody for not squadleading but just waiting at the airfield or so..
            I didn't say anything about single locked squads.........

$10x12months = 120 dollars

standard pre-paid yearly membership at TG = 80 dollars

price per month standard: $8.95
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/payments.php

so creepinshadow, already you would be getting a discount.........

remember it is free to play PR and BF2, but it isn't free for TG to just have servers for everyone to play with, it costs money to keep those servers and slots alive, and updated etc etc etc.........
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

what i'm still missing is a montly prepaid membership, not a subscription, or am i getting this monthly recurrring thing wrong?

Comment

you mean you only want to pay for 6months or 3 months etc etc............

TG doesn't offer that, they bundle it into a year, or you can pay one month at a time and pick which month's you want to pay.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

so i can just pay for one month, and then leave it like that? (like there's now 2 year minimum service agreement? :D)

Comment

What i cant understand is why people continually think the SM script is wrong and unfair. And your Supporting Membership is not only just paying for PR, its pays for all of TG and its other servers. You cant help those people who just pay so they can a spot, thats going to happen no matter when the price is.

If you want great game play but cant find any other server, go start your own. Some one has to pay for it. So those who do get first spots.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by creepinshadow24/7 View Post
                      so i can just pay for one month, and then leave it like that? (like there's now 2 year minimum service agreement? :D)

You can pay month to month but it will charge you automatically. I actually pay month to month i believe just because that extra money TG gets can be used.
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        it will charge you automatically.
                        THATS exactly the thing i dont like! but how can it charge me automatically in paypal? i mean you gotta approve stuff first right? and what if i don't pay for the follow up month, will the SM status just be canceled?

Comment

It will draw from your bank account automatically, no approval needed ;)

If you want to cancel, just find the "subscriptions" in paypal, and cancel it....

SM system if fine as it is, and in my opinion the server is for the TG community, not for Joey the n00b-TaRd. The server caters to those that help pay for it, who indirectly allow other people in the TG community to enjoy it as well.

Just my opinion....
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post

If you want to cancel, just find the "subscriptions" in paypal, and cancel it....
                            hmm, i'm getting a SM yesterday then i guess! altough i'll still have to talk to my parents(no i'm paying for it if you think of it that way, i only need a verfied Paypal account..)

Comment

I am glad that I became a supporting member because at first I saw it as getting a garunteed spot, but now I actually am planning on leaving it month-month... I love the TG server that much. Haha.....

Plus, with all the hectic stuff that goes on in my life such as school, frat stuff, and catering to my gf, I don't have the time to sit there and keep refreshing.
                              Created by Sonic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X