Muttrah City

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muttrah City

I have played Muttrah City about 8 times now, and I have never seen the USA get the MEC trapped in the MEC fortress.

Has anyone played this map yet and had the MEC on the run and trapped in the last flag?

It seems the MEC has a superior position here and I was wondering if that is always the case.
    sigpic

Re: Muttrah City

I will cap them out next time I play
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

i haven't seen the USMC push the MEC all the way back, but i have seen the MEC lose before if that makes a difference.

Comment

Its really difficult on these coastal assault maps (think Wake Island 07..)

But itll eventually happen.. (Like Wake, after the 50th Chinese win.)

~Sirsolo
        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I think that this map offers such a set of challenges to the US side that players are still trying to feel their way through the map. One of the biggest challenges is the level of coordination that the US requires to be successful on this map and the difficulty of achieving that coordination on an ordinary public gaming night.

The US must use their helicopters effectively and swiftly to their advantage. This hasn't really happened yet. To date, I've seen the US establish their firebases in the same general location on the docks and have to slug their way out from there. This is difficult, especially in light of the fact that the MEC side can get a couple of fortified positions established to defend the city by the time the US team actually gets enough forces on shore and a base established to even begin mounting an offensive. If the US side loses a chopper or two in the early stages, their chances of winning go down considerably.

There needs to be some thinking "outside the box" on the US side to give them a chance of capping the MEC out. Currently, the US is fighting a war on one front each time I've seen it. They need to be a little more creative, use their mobility, and establish a secondary front on the MEC side as early as possible to have a decent chance of success.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I have some "outside the box" ideas for this map. When I get it worked out in my head, I'll PM a few of you to see what you think.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Wolfe and I had a few moments in an apc going through the hills where we both thought "We're probably going to get stuck in one of these damn potholes and get screwed". My suggestion to you is to be careful when going outside the box on that map because it nearly bit us in the ass. ;)

Comment

From my experience the main problem with US on this map is the aircraft, APCs and DEFENSE. Every time I play this map i have not once seen the US defend the first flag.
                The way the US must win is using the apcs to suppress infantry and removing MEC AA so the helis can set up FOBs once that happens the APCs must cover the infantry until the Cobra spawn once that happens an infantry squad must find and destroy/laze the MEC APC. The only way to resupply the us APCs is with the MEC CP which may not be possible depending if its a killzone or not.The US should us alot of flanking, its easy to defend one point its harder to defend a multi-front attack. Once the MEC is uprooted from their first flag the US should move quickly to next flag uprooting any MEC FOBs along the way while the flanking force removes any FOBs behind the flag.
                Summary:
                1. Defend
                2. Utilize assets(Attack Heuy, APCs, Cobra, Supply drops)
                3. Flank

, , or

Comment

Helo's, helo's, helo's... The us can fit 3 FB in docks by my calculations, this alone would put 6 HMV's on the map.. Crates need to be dropped in locations specified by the commander.... And the US should keep the maximum amount of FB up at all times.. Set as many as possible... If the lines advance, destroy one and move it up....

Comment

I got capped to the fortress last weekend, and it seemed the United States' Olympic Project Reality team was stacked on the other side...they played a perfect round with an expert Cobra squad, expert APC convoys, and even organized humvee patrols through-out the town. My squad had a commander and good players, we just couldn't counter attack any capped flags because of the severe armor/air superiority!

Pancho's post about firebases is very good advice! My team couldn't keep one up for more than 5 minutes before a lazer designated air-to-surface missle would blast it from the winglet of that damn cobra! GJ to the spec ops "ninja" calling them in!
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

it was a great match guys! great SL and great teamwork!
                      congratulations and stay tuned for the next one!
                      [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

I was curious if there was a 32 player version of Muttrah that has only vodniks/support trucks for the MEC side and Choppers for the US Side and Humvees (once a FB and Bunker is built)?

I really enjoy this map, however I feel the installment of APC's kind of takes somethings away. Muttrah is a great Urban Fighting map, and I feel having armor takes a little bit away from it, don't get me wrong I really enjoy playing it along with Ramiel, and I am glad that the dev's have created these maps, and revamped Muttrah at the same time.

Last night I was a gunner and driver in an APC squad while we traversed through the city with a Mech Inf Squad via TS, and the SL of that squad (It was portable cougar), for the first time I saw CAS used effectively in an urban combat zone. To be honest it was great to see it used in such a way other than how it is used in Kashan, and it shows how important it is to have a SL with a mic, and a cobra crew with a mic and common sense.

I can only hope that in future rouds when I am on the USMC I can experience what I witnessed last night, it was truly well coordinated and watching those targeted hellfire missiles hit, was amazing, even watching the mini gun strafe buildings and structures around the AO was breathtaking, and brought up the realism factor 3 fold.

It was a first for me, never have i really seen CAS used that effectively, and I was happy to see it, because honestly, Kashan and CAS kind of ruined it for me, CAS is needed in Kashan don't get me wrong, but you know from the beginning what the CAS squad is going to be doing, lasing tanks, apcs, and bunkers, last night the SL of the MECH inf was lasing building structures and giving exact coordinates on where and when to fire.

it was a great sight to see.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                          I was curious if there was a 32 player version of Muttrah that has only vodniks/support trucks for the MEC side and Choppers for the US Side and Humvees (once a FB and Bunker is built)?
                          Muttrah 16. It's on the server.
                          Skud

Comment

thanks skud, i haven't had the chance to play it yet, when i saw it i thought it was a seeder map, so now i will make sure i get to try at least a round or 2 of it in the upcoming weeks
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                              I will cap them out next time I play
                              Last night we weren't able to manage a cap out, so next-next time :) We'll get um.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X