Operation Honey Badger is GO!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Honey Badger is GO!

I just got off the server, because it crashed during the most epic game of PR I have ever played, and it was on Kashan 16.

Never have I seen so much teamwork. Not only within the squads, but between the squads and the team as a whole.

I can't speak for the MEC team, but the USMC was amazing. We did some of the most ballsy and amazing helicopter assaults known to man. Thanks to SuperCobra, JounninSpriggan, Jaymzz, and kcement7 for always manning the choppers, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. These guys would take 2 squads in at a time, landing them on the bunker roof, dropping them off, and bugging out. All within a short time window, and while under heavy fire from enemy machine guns and AA.

But, the highlight of the very long round HAD to be Operation Honey Badger. This well coordinated attack, which I was fortunate enough to name, should go into the PR history books. After a strong MEC counterattack that took back both Bunkers, USMC was ready to take them back. Stationed at South Village, the team began a thorough detailing of the plan on the team chat. At exactly 2:22, Operation Honey Badger commenced. The 3 chopper pilots sprung into action, picking up fuzzhead's squad and Katarn's squad from South Village. TMG squad, led by wreckingcrew, took 4 Humvees up to the top of the hills over the bunkers, and delivered KEY suppressive fire on the bunkers. Under the cover of TMG's 50 cal machine guns, squads were airdropped on to the roofs of the bunkers. They then stormed into the Bunkers, eliminating all enemy resistance, and captured the flags. All of this was done in just a few minutes. And the most amazing part was that the USMC suffered ZERO casualties in the mission.

The rest of round saw the USMC and MEC fighting back and forth for the bunkers. Various new missions were created, including Operation Furious Honey Badger, Operation Revenge of the Honey Badger, and Operation Pregnant Honey Badger. But none were as successful as the original operation.

So, in closing of this very long post, I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the most amazing round of PR I have ever had. You guys all made it awesome, and I hope to see some Battlerecorder movies. May the Honey Badger be with you!

I only have one picture of the event, a picture of our 3 choppers stationed on the airfield waiting for troops. Unfortunately, I need 15 posts to post the link.

Re: Operation Honey Badger is GO!

It was a amazing experience, one I have never had before. I want to thank all the amazing Squad leaders on the US Team: Fuzzhead, Dbzao, WreckingCrew, Katarn, The PRwar Guys and my Sl of the Blackhawk Transport Squad, JounninSpriggan. Anyways, it was incredible, and want to thank everyone who made Operation Honey Badger a success:D

- Even though the server crashed, I hope to recover some BFR footage and show off some of the action

|
    |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

MEC team's teamwork was moderate at best and only began improving once Warren went CO. After about 30 minutes of foolishness I will not go in to, the squad's started forming correctly etc.
      We were south of south bunker when we saw both infantry squads from the blackhawks jump onto S. Bunker. It was a but intimidating seeing as we were the only squad close enough to fight y'all but we got in our laughs later when y'all did the same thing in reverse and we capped both bunkers with zero resistance.

Here is a screenshot of StarStriker's awesome infantry squad though. We were almost to 10,000 pts before the server crashed.

[media]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/6fc39be048f471f286e6026d5818ea712860cd57.png[/media]

Comment

Ya, everyone was racking up major points. Well before the server crashed, TMG squad had already surpassed 11,000 points.

Comment

by far the most fun i have ever had on kashan.
          server crash was sad indeed....i was hopping for op angry beaver
          this must be done a second time for sure

Comment

Hmm. I must've CTD'd to the desktop before everyone server crash. I CTD'd right after we were going back to take North Bunker. And, not to make this story sound less successful, but we for sure blew up at least one humvee and I personally got my one kill when you were operating this mission. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Rtoups View Post
              Ya, everyone was racking up major points. Well before the server crashed, TMG squad had already surpassed 11,000 points.
              It's one man and his hardon for running convoys on kashan 16 :D, and an overall tight run squad
              sigpic
              Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Kashan 16 rocks. Still one of the only maps where tactics really plays out. Frankly it's the best.

As for operation Honey Badger.. mmmmm sounds tasty.

Comment

A big thanks to M. Warren for taking the commanders spot and turning the match around, despite having to manage the team in a fashion that must have made him feel like he was babysitting a bunch of idiot manchildren. Despite having to deal with the infuriating organizational issues and people who had a hard time with the "follow commander's orders" thing, he managed to get us turned around to a point where were able to mount an (admittedly ill-fated) assault on North Village with our squad.

I've got to admit, I was really, REALLY damned impressed with the US choppers. When we were off trashing your firebase south of the complex, two full squads somehow got in, trashed all OUR stuff, and took over south bunker. And then they had a perfectly executed two squad, two helicopter extraction off the roof. 'Course, my squad was just getting back on top of south bunker at that point, and we got there just as the choppers took off.

So, in other words, your brilliantly executed tactics let us cap north AND south bunker at the same time, before you could get south village greyed out, thus setting the scene for the stalemate that held for most of the match. ;)

Then again, when my squad JDAMed north village and rode in under heavy fire with our two vodniks... damn, you guys were organized. We lost our rally right away, and then the hummers on the ridge beat the crap out of us while your choppers flew in and dumped soldiers on top of us. And then there were the ubiquitous hummers popping up goddamned EVERYWHERE... I think you assaulted North Bunker with something like 7 of them?

At any rate, despite the fact that the MEC side was a bit of a gong show, that really was a rewarding round. I got to squad with some great team players, and we did some real damage wherever we showed up. And I WILL admit it's awesome to see a chopper squad work that brilliantly, even if it's on the enemy team!

Out of curiosity, where were your tickets sitting around the time the server crashed? I think ours were in the 110-150 range.

Comment

I feel like I missed out now. I left about 10 minutes after Warren started commanding (12:30 a.m. is late hehe).
                    "I believe that forgiving them (the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks) is God's function. Our Job is simply to arrange the meeting." - H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Tell me about it... the match went until something like 2:30 MTN.

Comment

Like I said, 12:30 mtn was late enough for me. It was a long day.

The portion of the round I did get to play in, however, was a blast.
                        "I believe that forgiving them (the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks) is God's function. Our Job is simply to arrange the meeting." - H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

long time no post for me, but i'm glad everyone had a blast on both sides. It is good to see project reality being played they way it supposed to be, teamwork, communication, and coordination. On behalf of the TMG boys, i would like to thank and salute all the DEVS,testers and TG server admins.

Comment

i was on fuzzhead squad,it was a great round with some really epic moments.
                            got only one SS and i hope someone recorded the opertion.

the choppers getting ready on runway

[media]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk215/salvation3/screen106.jpg[/media]

would like to thank fuzzhead for a great round!
                            hope to get in one of your squads again.

thanks!

Comment

Because the Server Crashed, I cant seem to find the BFR files, and fear that they were discarded or not saved due to the server crap out. Extremely Disappointing...

|
                              |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse