Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tacticalgamer TV! Broadcast your screen to others thru xfire!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacticalgamer TV! Broadcast your screen to others thru xfire!

I saw this awesome post in the general forums, but little posts on PR broadcasting!
    taken from silvers post in gen. Discussion for those who don't check there:

For the Viewers

Step 1: Goto xfire.com and download + install xfire + create account for yourself

Step 2: Join the TG xfire group, click here

Step 3: Send buddy invites to the 'Broadcasters'

Step 4: When a 'Broadcaster' is LIVE you can click on it

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 991x239.

Step 5: Watch the game live !
    > I say live, actually there is a 10 sec timelag
    > the video is youtube quality
    > the sound quality is good and you can hear all squad chatter SM + SL + teamspeak
    > you can click comment on live video and the broadcaster can then see what you are saying

For the Broadcasters

Step 1: Click tools / options

Step 2: The options are self evident really

Click this bar to view the full image.

Step 3: Tune the settings and run a few experiments with a viewer giving feedback

> try tuning video setting, game menu audio settings, h/m/l broadcast quality
    > I have to unmute my mic in windows, otherwise my ingame squad & xfire viewers cant hear my voice, this could just be my soundcard
    > I find medium broadcast detail doesn't kill my machine too much
    > Be aware, when broadcasting your mic is always open to the xfire viewers !

Step 4: Post in this thread as a broadcaster with your xfire ID

Step 5: Post in this thread when you are about to begin broadcasting !
    > This is what you see top left when broadcasting and bottom right when people communicate with you

there you have it, Haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it will be cool! I'd be tons of fun to watch someone play :D

Re: Tacticalgamer TV! Broadcast your screen to others thru xfire!

And the stickied thread Pwnage is talking about is here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...hru-xfire.html

Comment

That is freaking amazing.
      I'm watching silver right now play 2142 XD

Comment

The actual broadcasting hits the persons frames. Pretty hard.

Comment

this is pretty cool stuff, I can imagine some of the reservists watching this during scrims

Comment

Just finished broadcasting a full round of kashan - got some really good feedback and gameplay! Thanks for watching!

Comment

I don't really like this, I can imagine someone watching from the other team tracking my movements.
              |TG|
              ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                I don't really like this, I can imagine someone watching from the other team tracking my movements.
                Yup... cheating... I wonder if this is good or not... :S
                Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Wow, bad idea.. who exactly can watch your live broadcast?
                  Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

if you set it to just your friends then u have to know them, and that can minimize the chance of cheats

Comment

true, but I even play against my friends form time to time.
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

Guys seriously, who is going to alt-tab out of their game constantly to watch your feed and then try to move to you, and alt-tab again to check where you are now.... etc
                        It's not on all the time, only when you want it on...

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                          Guys seriously, who is going to alt-tab out of their game constantly to watch your feed and then try to move to you, and alt-tab again to check where you are now.... etc
                          Who would spend $100 for a program to drop UAVs and see people through walls in an online video game?

There's some weird people out there.

Although, now I understand it's possible to set it to friends only this makes it less of a potential problem.
                          Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                            It's not on all the time, only when you want it on...
                            You don't have to alt tab if you have more than one computer. I agree with the earlier comments... this is a bad idea waiting to happen. Potential for abuse abounds! Especially if it hits your framerate pretty hard (as mentioned earlier)... DoS anyone?

Comment

it would be cool in apaches to see the gunners sight in the corner of your screen, this is actually done in attack helos. And very cool in xfire
                              |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X