New to PR AGAIN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to PR AGAIN.

Well, it has been a while since I have played PR, last version I played very briefly was .7. I have not downloaded the latest version YET but want to know what to expect.

I had been playing a little bit of ArmA lately and a little bit of BF:BC on the PS3(I lost interest in BF:BC as well). Losing interest in ArmA due to the fact of no good servers, most are high ping for me and the ones that are low ping hardly ever have anybody in the servers when I play. BF:BC I play once in a great while due to the fact of no communication on the PS3 version of the game, hoping EA fixes this issue but have doubts. Other problems with the game burns me as well, I think a CO would have been a real good idea to make the game more organized, at least in the conquest mode of the game.

Anyway, I am considering on downloading PR again to see if I can get back into it but want to know what I can expect in the changes to game play and what TG servers rules may have changed with the latest PR version. TG always has a new rule change with every version or so it seems. I have not been to the PR site yet either but do they have any singleplayer missions for training? Seems like at least a year since I last played PR, sure it hasn't been but close and I am sure I forgot a lot on how to do a lot of things.

Re: New to PR AGAIN.

Definitly go to the dev release section and watch those videos as well as the usual read the manual for the medic and AR changes.
    Lotsa new cool stuff.
    Too much too list.

Comment

The New PR rules are linked in my signature, I would certainly recommend trying out the new version of PR, it has become alot more teamwork oriented since .7, with many similarities to arma, such as weapon deviation, animations etc... There is also a training mode included with the mod, with maps containing all the vehicles which respawn in 10 seconds, so very ood for practicing flying and tanking.

Comment

i recommend giving it a try. alot of things were revamped. even the main menu looks different and they changed like everything. new skins, animations, graphics...so sexy! the one thing i hate is the gameplay which is slower since the ACOG sights take some time to zoom in and the sprint bar as been reduced alot =/. still worht a try. make srue u read the manual

"These things we do that others may live."
        Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
        GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

First you will need some boxing gloves, a punchbag, a sledgehammer and lots of small intricate objects to annihilate in order to relieve frustration at playing then see me in game for a couple quick tips. Welcome back

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Hey Sabre, has been a while huh? Downloading PR right now as I type this, still got a while to go using the torrent. I am also reading some of the guides, some is coming back to me as I read them.
            I still need to reinstall BF2 as well and then go through and do all the tweaks again. Such as removing the start up movies, no disc in drive, and then figure out widescreen settings.
            I am sure I can go through the search feature and find most of these things again. Would be nice if they did actually have WS support for this game by now but I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all cause it has been so long since any updates from EA, why would they decide to support it now.

Comment

removing the start up movies
              Add +restart to the properties of the desktop shortcut and it'll just skip them

"G:\Programs\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +widescreen 1 +playerName sabre_tooth_tigger +playerPassword secret +restart

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Cool, I will try that. I use to rename the .bik files but this may be easier. Also, I think I had to do something to get PR to run without crashing with Vista x64. Might be just admin and compatibility settings.

Comment

The rules are stickied and there is the manual online at RealityMod.com - that should answer all of your questions.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    Add +restart to the properties of the desktop shortcut and it'll just skip them
                    will adding that +username and +password stuff log you in automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                      will adding that +username and +password stuff log you in automatically?
                      Yes. It's +playerName and +playerPassword work. You need to make sure the N is capitalized and the P is capitalized though.

Comment

Thats really cool! It wurks! =D
                        Butyeah.. Read, pay attention, and dont be afraid to ask. That's pretty much my advice for life.

~Sirsolo
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                          Would be nice if they did actually have WS support for this game by now but I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all cause it has been so long since any updates from EA, why would they decide to support it now.
                          EA has announced patch 1.5 for BF2 but nothing official on what will be changed has been released so far. We all want WS support so lets hope they give us what we 've been waiting for for 3 years now.

PR 0.8 has become a lot slower gameplay wise... stamina has been reduced and animations have been added for every single weapon. For me, this versions is much more 'polished' than 0.7 and I wouldn't wanna go back. The new player skins rock and the new vehicles add a lot more of variety to the maps... a must try.
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Glad to see you back MSDZ...join my squad this week, I don't think it will take you long to shake off the cobwebs and get back into the mod.
                            |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                              PR 0.8 has become a lot slower gameplay wise... stamina has been reduced and animations have been added for every single weapon.
                              A lot of the animations are too slow. I think the speed at which a medic brings up his M16's scope is about right. The speed to bring up the M4's scope is just plain slow.

Doesn't keep me from playing though. :row__523:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X