Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Suggestion] Kick votes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Suggestion] Kick votes?

    As enabled par most battlefield 2 servers, there is an option to 'kick-vote' a player from the game. I was playing today and unfortunately no admins were available, so me and caffine had to resort to teamkilling/reviving a teamkiller over and over again so he couldn't do any more damage (ramming helicopters, etc...) we were all screaming for an admin, and the always attentive and great admins seemed to be offline or grabbing a bite to eat, and i was wondering, why isn't kick vote enabled on the server?
    Please don't turn this into a flame thread.

  • #2
    Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

    This has been mentioned many times before, please use the search button, it's a marvelous invention.

    Also, if things get bad like that you have no right to do the same back, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

    The main reason vote kick isn't enabled is because mutiny and map votes would be enabled. All of these get spammed and vote kicks never work.

    Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

      Not to sound like a prick or anything, but I find kick-votes a terrible idea.

      You took the chopper I wanted? Kick vote.
      You accidentally TK someone? Kick vote.

      I find it that admin'ing is best left for the admins. People tend to use the kick vote for terrible things.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

        Whenever it is brought up here, it is always shot down because "wherever it is implemented, it is abused"
        Waldo II

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

          Originally posted by Corporal_Cody View Post
          Not to sound like a prick or anything, but I find kick-votes a terrible idea.

          You took the chopper I wanted? Kick vote.
          You accidentally TK someone? Kick vote.

          I find it that admin'ing is best left for the admins. People tend to use the kick vote for terrible things.
          I guess if you look at it that way, yeah.
          It would be cool if you could give certain trusted members the ability to start a kick vote.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

            Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
            Whenever it is brought up here, it is always shot down because "wherever it is implemented, it is abused"
            Originally posted by Corporal_Cody
            You took the chopper I wanted? Kick vote.
            You accidentally TK someone? Kick vote.
            Well, I was going to that reason, with something similiar to that example.

            But I can see someone has already been so kindly as to do it for me :)

            | |

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

              Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
              This has been mentioned many times before, please use the search button, it's a marvelous invention.

              Also, if things get bad like that you have no right to do the same back, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

              The main reason vote kick isn't enabled is because mutiny and map votes would be enabled. All of these get spammed and vote kicks never work.
              Just searched with tags and all in the forums - do you have a specific thread?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                I'm all for giving supporting members kick vote abilities. There aren't enough tard SMs out there to kick someone who was playing respectfully and fairly.
                Waldo II

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                  I personally would like to keep the bottom 5% of my screen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                    There's another way to votekick, I saw it on a battlearena server where you type !vk players name in normal chat. It doesn't bring up that annoying page up or page down voting.
                    "Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth..."
                    -Ecclesiastes
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                      There won't be any vote kicks on this server.

                      Report issues to the admins. If there aren't any around (and we don't live on the server) take screen shots or use BR footage, then use the Contact an Admin forum and we will take care of the problems.

                      !vk doesn't work on this server

                      "You milsim guys are ruining the game."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                        its useless................admins are in charge of kicking........no need to have kick votes go up every 2mins........
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                        sigpic




                        Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                          Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
                          As enabled par most battlefield 2 servers, there is an option to 'kick-vote' a player from the game. I was playing today and unfortunately no admins were available, so me and caffine had to resort to teamkilling/reviving a teamkiller over and over again so he couldn't do any more damage (ramming helicopters, etc...) we were all screaming for an admin, and the always attentive and great admins seemed to be offline or grabbing a bite to eat, and i was wondering, why isn't kick vote enabled on the server?
                          Please don't turn this into a flame thread.
                          Take screenshots, report it, send an admin a PM, if it isn't handled that very second, it will be handled........report it in game so when an admin checks bf2cc they will see it.........
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                          sigpic




                          Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                            No matter what, in the end the teamkiller is gonna get an admin's ban hammer. Thats never my worries. Its that he ruins the game at that moment. He slowed our start and put us a few minutes behind the enemy team. Also, he lost us about 20 tickets.

                            I think he felt the pain of d1sp0's hammer, and the game continued.

                            Regarding a Vote Kick, it would be abused and I'm against it. Good thought, and I'm sure you wrote this with anger pwn3ge. But, just think of it now. A lot of people over react way too much and don't have the judgement as our admins do.
                            |TG|
                            ||||


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: [Suggestion] Kick votes?

                              I can see kick votes maybe beeing good on servers with no admins on or if they are populated with regulars that don initiate kick votes every 5 seconds. But it usually turns into the "Kick vote"-bingo which is just messy.



                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X