Taxiing help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxiing help

I've searched for this, but couldn't find it.

I can fly, and I can fly well...that is, if I can get the plane onto the runway to take off lol

I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo, and it might be MY joystick, but I can not for the life of me make the plane go slow enough to taxi onto the runway. I've tried putting it on very low % of thrust, but a few seconds later, even on like 5-7% thrust, the plane just shoots off.

Help.... please!

Re: Taxiing help

just press the jostick forward, no throttling required.

oh and read the manual!
    http://www.realitymod.com/guide/Main

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

The arrow keys work well for taxiing too.
      sigpic
      I'm Back.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv99q75O_f0&feature=related[/media]

I'm not a pilot, and I'm pretty sure this is from a previous version so something may have changed. I'm sure there are plenty of pilots that can help this thread out if any of it is different.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, I had JUST found this in the Wiki -_- haha.

Comment

My problem with aircraft is landing...either I drop out of the sky 100m before the runway, or just dive straight into the pavement!
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Did they change the hat to work as freeview in this version, I heard that might happen

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                Did they change the hat to work as freeview in this version, I heard that might happen
                I put mouse-look onto my actual mouse; left click. Use joystick with right hand, when I need to look around, click/move mouse with left. Sounds odd, but it works very well.

No I just WISH I could still maneuver the plane while mouse-looking, that would be amazing.

Comment

I sure hope they change that in the bf2 1.5 patch, then we could have look just by moving your head. No more landing helis on people because the pilot couldnt move his head to the side

To taxi in a jet I normally just push forward on the joystick, dont use the throttle more then 5%. Not sure if W works to the same effect

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I sure hope they change that in the bf2 1.5 patch, then we could have look just by moving your head. No more landing helis on people because the pilot couldnt move his head to the side

To taxi in a jet I normally just push forward on the joystick, dont use the throttle more then 5%. Not sure if W works to the same effect
                    Huh?

Comment

Use the "up arrow" on your keyboard. Not your wasd keys, but your actual "up arrow" key to taxi. "down arrow" goes backwards, and use a/d keys to turn left and right while using up/down arrows for taxi.
                      TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                        My problem with aircraft is landing...either I drop out of the sky 100m before the runway, or just dive straight into the pavement!
                        keep the speed at around 550-600 and then go to 0% throttle just at the beginning of the runway, oh approach flat you shouldn't be much higher than 20m when reaching the runway.

thats just out of the top of my head right now..:icon20:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by creepinshadow24/7 View Post
                          keep the speed at around 550-600 and then go to 0% throttle just at the beginning of the runway, oh approach flat you shouldn't be much higher than 20m when reaching the runway.

thats just out of the top of my head right now..:icon20:
                          Make sure to hit the brakes when you hit the tarmack (back on joystick or down arrow), only when you are rolling.

Comment

Fire your A10's main cannon if you need to lose extra speed. The admins on the server get a kick out of it every time ;)
                            TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Sorry I meant they could mod it so ctrl freelook didnt disable flight controls then it'd be open to all sorts of enhancements like how a wii works could work with pr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrackIR

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSuR_aP834o[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElijjwP2L0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVlM8E-Gxuw[/media]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X