X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG is full of quitters!

This is a medic related thread.

Stop. Giving. Up. Srsly.

There's little more annoying to a medic then when a teammate gives up seconds before you revive him. This happened way too much on EJOD Skirmish tonight, where I decided that it infact was a problem. We were held down. I was healing someone revived by another person, and as soon as I was done that, got up, and resuscitated, he gave up. Worse so, the person whom I recently healed, got killed, and IMMEDIATELY gave up.

What Im trying to get out of this is that the wounded status is there for 2 min for a reason.
    So do a few things PLEASE
    -Wait at least around 30 seconds before giving up (giving up right away does not take time away from respawn... just takes time away from getting healed.)
    -Open up your map when you die/call for a medic, there may be one really close.
    -If a medic goes down, take his kit, attempt a revive. One less ticket lost.

As medics:
    -Heal/revive EVERYONE YOU CAN.
    -Heal yourself before others
    -Use the comma rose commands with the bag/epipen.

This should all be standard stuff, but it seems to never be used.

If you give up because your spawn is in a better location in relation to what your squad is doing, don't wait for the medic to get there... and don't do it on a Skirmish map.. that's just ridiculous.

/endrant

~Sirsolo

Oh, and I didnt mean to offend anyone with the thread title.
    Oh, and Im becoming an SM tomorrow =D =D =D =D =D (Finally..?)
    Once I get an iTouch and more money after that (my old mp3 was stoled! D=) then Im ganna change from the one month to the prepaid for a year =) I doubt Im going to not play.
    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Re: TG is full of quitters!

I completely agree. Its the medics decision if he is able to get to you or not. Its not yours. If you are out in the open covered by an enemy its okay to give up but as long as there is a chance that a medic will get to you in the next 2 min you better be keeping yourself alive.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Communication is the key. Tell your medic that you are down and ask him if he can get to you. If he can't or (place reasons here), give up. It's that simple.

Comment

Open caplock map, left click on medics name, this will turn his icon White, direct him to your location.

I choose to heal my squaddies first, then heal myself.

Comment

i think the biggest problem is that a lot of people spam the call-medic-command after they die and then they run out of it so the wounded icon dissappears before a medic gets anywhere near. hence the medic doesn't know if the guy's dead or gave up.
          if the wounded icon was actually there for 2 minutes, it would probably stop a lot of the giving up.

Comment

you might want to re title your heading, because it can easily be misread.

But i feel your frustration and pain, and always mention to them that you in fact are still alive and are heading there way.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I don't feel it's a problem for the average green guys. But if you die and see a medic right next to, just hold on a little longer even if he's not i your squad.
              And everyone; Right-clicking the 'give up' button lets you scream for medic all you want for the whole duration of your critical wounded state. I don't think enough people know this.
              Don't give up!

Comment

+rep for SirSolo

Excellent post and it raises some very important points. With the enemy ticket count hidden, each player needs to treat every ticket on their team like it is the most precious resource. Revive, revive, revive! Work together, get your fallen teammates up, and DON'T GIVE UP!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Huh, I've experienced the problem to be quite the opposite; medics not doing their job. I often find myself spamming "I need a medic!" next to some medic not realising what kit he's occupying.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

I can't expect another squads medic to revive me. If I don't have enough medic in my squad it's my own fault as a SL.

When playing medic my first resposabilty is to my squad members. I only have 8 chances. I'd hate to not be able to get my SL up because I wasted 2 swipes on a blue guy.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by bjoffe View Post
                      I don't feel it's a problem for the average green guys. But if you die and see a medic right next to, just hold on a little longer even if he's not i your squad.
                      And everyone; Right-clicking the 'give up' button lets you scream for medic all you want for the whole duration of your critical wounded state. I don't think enough people know this.
                      Don't give up!
                      what??? are you serious? i don't think that's in the manual 0.o

Comment

Yep, it is true. A great thing to do and it works as long as you are still "alive" but wounded. Works better in English for the USA teams though, as some people can't understand Chineese or Arabic as you are calling for help.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've never thought to use the commo rose when helping people not in my sqaud, thanks for the tip
                          Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post

-Heal yourself before others
                            I never do this. I probably should, but if I am bleeding out and another guy is critically wounded, I completely forget about myself and go through the procedures to heal them first.

If I am completely combat ineffective, then I'll throw down a couple patches for myself. Otherwise I heal others first.
                            Waldo II

Comment

My problem is the exact opposite. I often forget about the "give up" timer and spend two minutes sitting there at the black screen, wondering when I'll respawn...
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X