Inter-squad Coordination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter-squad Coordination

How many times have you played Kashan on MEC and noone goes for South Villiage. Or, have 5 air trans squads. Or had no infantry squads. Or noone defends the all impotant Docks in muttrah. Or you find out after dropping your 2 crates that SQ2 over there built a firebase 350m away I mean how hard is it to say, "Team, this is SQ1 we are going to CP Alpha and set up a bunker." Especially now that there is no need for a commander I think that there is much less communications going on between squads.

PS: When there is no CO it maks it very hard for CAS.

, , or

Re: Inter-squad Coordination

Better than a CO.

Sometimes.
    Waldo II

Comment

I have an answer (OOH COOL, MY NAMES IN BLACK AT THE BOTTOM NOW!!! <3)

Its not very hard..
      I did Sniper support thru chat on Jabal yesterday.. it was easy as pie. Just talk during the long walks. (or rather, Auto walks, since you're talking =P)

~Sirsolo
      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Agreed that there is less communication between squads due to the reluctance for people to command. I personally feel that people still think comanding in .8 is somehow harder or something, when it really has changed little from .7. In fact, mortar attacks and the likes have made it more interesting.

I would like to challenge the community to step up to commanding if you see it vacant. The SLs are more than willing to support you and it is really fun if you can get into it.
        sigpic

Comment

i love how there are always CAS squads, but yet you never find those 3-4 man CAS squads taking flags when A) the planes or choppers haven't spawned, and b) when they are shot down.

get on TS, in the right Coordination or SL leadership channel......that is the best way to organize and communicate without a commander......or arem, step up to command....thats what i tend to do if it get really frustrating.

by the way in the opinion of this Tactical Gamer CAS is very much overrated, look at the bfr of the TTP scrim when we were on the US, SL's can mark targets just as good, and are sometimes in better places to do so.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
            I have an answer (OOH COOL, MY NAMES IN BLACK AT THE BOTTOM NOW!!! <3)
            Time for a new sig, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
              by the way in the opinion of this Tactical Gamer CAS is very much overrated, look at the bfr of the TTP scrim when we were on the US, SL's can mark targets just as good, and are sometimes in better places to do so.

Yep... put your SL on the ground when you're in CAS. Even if you have a commander he can relay faster usually, and provide attack marks for your lasers. The only thing that makes it tougher without a CO is getting that info from the people doing the lasers.

You'll still have guys not in the squad blasting lasers, but if your SL/spotter keeps his eye on the chat he can mark it when someone says "lazed AAV in C4 key 7". He can pop a marker and relay that through comms... one dead AAV.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                Time for a new sig, huh?
                Absolutely.. Probably ganna get on that today =D

~Sirsolo
                |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

In a pub game mixed squads are best, sl to spot, couple of people to drop the laser bomb and maybe space for a couple more to use a tank or a 3 person fireteam to cap a flag

Combine all those elements and you have a wide spectrum of information to work off where as 3 tanks all in one squad will all have the same perspective, and are prone to be destroyed all at the same time

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by AREM117 View Post
                    When there is no CO it maks it very hard for CAS.
                    At least on Kashan it is quite easy. You just need to keep the team informed of enemy assets. When you need CAS and you see a chopper flying just request it:
                    CHAT: Requesting CAS at South Village

Wait for the chopper to confirm that he is on the way. Make a list of all targets:
                    CHAT: CAS targets: 1 Tank at E7 kp8 + 1 AAV at E8 kp5

Then state your laze targets:
                    CHAT: Lazing AAV at E8 kp4

Wait again for the chopper to confirm otherwise repeat lazing and chat.

Of course with a CO it is much easier for the chopper to decide on the best approach to the target as the CO can mark all the enemy assets.

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O
                    I would like to challenge the community to step up to commanding if you see it vacant. The SLs are more than willing to support you and it is really fun if you can get into it.
                    Challenge accepted

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X