Mappable foot pedals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mappable foot pedals?

Does anyone know if there are mappable foot pedals available to connect to your PC, you know like a standalone accelerator or drum kit pedal that can be key mapped.

The reason is I always shoot from a crouched position, always have done unless I have to go prone, which is rare in 0.8. I find my old hands are getting painful from holding down the crouch key. What I would like is a foot pedal that I could map to crouch which I could press down with my right foot. I expect it sounds a bit mad but try it now while you are reading this and imagine your avatar crouching in game. Don't know about you but it feels totally right and kinda more immersive as it were. I would also like to try a pedal for the left foot for sprint if it's possible.

I have never seen this discussed anywhere or even suggested it just occurred to me the other day as I tried to uncurl my gnarled stump of a pinkie. Plus I have caught myself moving my feet when shifting stance. An added bonus would be that the previously mapped crouch key would be freed up for something else, useful as it is usually next to the movement keys in most people's set up's. Also it would be a lot more comfortable holding a crouch key down with your foot for long periods, practically indefinitely, as opposed to using a keyboard button.

What do you reckon chaps?

Re: Mappable foot pedals?

i dont have a clue wickens sounds like a good idea tho

Comment

Maybe you are getting too old for this gaming stuff and should consider retiring? Or maybe start playing something nice and quiet like SPORE? :D

I searched the internet and found this: http://www.bilila.com/foot_mouse_slipper_mouse

Looks unusual, but it might work!

Comment

I gotta get myself one of them for copy and pasting. Hehe.

Wickens, I know this can be done - I remember someone using it in a tank. He could do one peddal for left/right, or both to go straight. It also had sensitivity to turn, or go slowly. Was pretty neat, yet impractical at the same time IMO.

I forget his name, and didn't ask what it was called. So, once again - I prove myself worthless ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
          I forget his name, and didn't ask what it was called. So, once again - I prove myself worthless ;)
          It was probably a set of rudder pedals from a flight cockpit set.

Fancy set - http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/rudder.htm
          sigpic

Comment

could you get a cheap joystick or game pad, and stomp on it? i might try this later today...

Comment

For a while I was seriously considering buying a cheap set of driving pedals for racing games, I just never got around to it. Of course I'd love to have one of those nice flying petals + throttle + joystick sets, but until I get a real job that'll never happen :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I use the side button of my mouse "mouse4" and I can stay crouch all day!

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

I remember this being a system for one of the timecrisis arcade games and it seemed to work okay. If you get one of those cheap racing pedals that nardini mentioned, i think it would work...

Comment

well, i tried it with this:

and it seems ok so far. i have crouch set to the push setting on the stick, and i just stomp on it. works great.

thanx for the idea wickens :P

Comment

it looks like you are atempting to make it SIMILAR to TIME CRISIS RIGHT? :P
                      good luck in your quest!
                      [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

You can get driving wheels which come with pedals, or jsut the pedals, so if you go to your bf2 controls, and klik the crouch, then press the pedal, it will map itself to that pedal. i have this ---

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/270&cl=GB,EN

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                          ...until I get a real job that'll never happen :).
                          Some of us have real jobs and still can't swing it. :row__628:

Comment

I've got a PS2 controller for flying, I have PS2 to PC adapter, I could put a steering + pedals in if I really wanted to

Comment

I would use them for TS and Xfire keybinds, seeing as Im allways tacking in the wrong channel

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X