I need test subjects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need test subjects

As the title say I need test subjects (you). I need them for an experiment where I will test how well you can apply real small unit tactics to the game. I will be trying to teach a small number of people (8 or 11) how to work as a squad and how to react as a squad instead of individuals. This will involve some formation practice and the proper reactions to different threats.

I will need some volunteers for this. If you are interested send me a PM saying that you are interested, what timezone you live in and also what times would fit your schedule best.

Rules:
    • If you have any suggestions for subjects to cover send me a PM dont bring it up while on the server.
    • If asked to do something, do it.
    • If I (or someone else) is giving instructions have your character sit still dont jump around and so on.
    • I am not your babysitter, if you get too bored leave or try and overcome your urge to act like a smacktard.
    • If I send you a PM with some information I would appreciate an answer so please answer. That way I know that you have read it.

The rules are there to make the training more streamlined. I think this is needed because it will end up in one big mess if people start jumping around or what ever. If they feel like they are not getting enough attention. I know they sound harsh but I think its better that the rules sound harsh then I have to be it while we are practicing.

The project will be run in 5 trainings each lasting about an hour. After the fifth training we will bring this onto the public server to see how well it works. If we do not make as much progress as I am hoping we will train some more before going onto the public server. Each training will cover a different subject, they are basic movement, fire and maneuver, forest combat, urban combat and specialized missions respectively. During this project we will be using three man fireteams since that is what I know how to work with.
    Before each practice I will send a PM to the participants with the subjects that will be covered and they can give some feedback on this before we get on the server. This is to make sure that I dont forget something important but also give the participants a way to influence the project.

Currently I am thinking about saturdays at 23:00 GMT as our standard practice time.

PLEASE DO NOT POST SIGNUPS IN THIS THREAD.
    This thread is for feedback on what people think about the project.

Disclaimer
    This is not a TGU course or something regulated by TG admins. Therefore my rules apply when training.

I will not be picking the participants based on when they signed up but based on how well they fit into the group.

This could become boring and therefore you should be prepared to sit still while I give instructions.

Reason
    My reason for doing this is that I think some small unit tactics are applicable to the game but I am not sure how well they may work. Also working as a squad the way it is done in real life requires that people agree on what should happen. I think that since the release of 0.8 there are some good potential for this to work. And I think that it will make my (and others) experience more enjoyable.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Re: I need test subjects

Ramiel IMHO is the best map to practice 3-4 man fireteams on urban streets and conducting house to house/building to building searches.

Muttrah is another map that is good for small fire teams and urban training.
    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 10-02-2008, 03:30 PM.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I think this is a great idea, and if I had the time to participate I would of enjoyed doing so. Hope this works out well!
      Created by Sonic

Comment

Sounds like a great idea.
        -Craz3y-

(\__/)
        (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

I'll help.

1stMIP always used fireteams. I loved their squads and playing with them.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, I'll help as long as I can make it.

Comment

I dont think I explained it well enough this will most likely only work with the people that have this training. The reason is there will be specific reactions to different threats for example if infantry is incountered from the front

Contact front
              When contact is made in the direction we are moving the call will be contact front and we will make a line towards the enemy. That is done in the following way. Someone calls 'contact front'. 2 and 6 will get on their knees or lay down and start shooting. 4 will move up between 2 and 6 and 1,3 and 5 will start moving up on the left side and get on a line with fireteam bravo. It is illustrated below.

Thats part of what you will be learning. So that if everyone knows how to react to a specific threat and its going to be more decisive then a squad working as individuals (like in the present PR). The practice will concentrate on getting these reactions imprinted in the participants heads so there will be a smooth reaction like there is in real life.
              If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Are you planning to get some people playing Opfor?

Comment

I would join but if we are going to do ramiel, make it at least the 16 or 32 player version. The 64 really packs lag for some people including myself. PM me or post it here when you have it all sorted and ready

Comment

well the first two will be held on EJOD since it has some nice open areas and also some hills. city will be Muttrah better suited for what I am trying to do than Ramiel, forest and the special one will be fools road since the special missions are things that will be used when assaulting a flag.

The opfor will be some of the members of the course, that's why its not just 5 people that I need. People will take turns playing opfor and practising.

The things that are thought here will be most useful when moving about on foot from one point to another and also attacking a flag. it will not have much relevance when defending a flag since people will usually have specific areas assigned to them and be in good position already.

Comment

I'll be up for this, always good to learn new tactics.
                      -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

I dont need more subjects right now

Comment

Katanama, when is this taking place so I can make sure I'll be available (that is if I'm one of the testers).

Comment

Havok if you had read my OP you would see that I ask people not to signup in this thread. Therefore I have ignored those that have done so;)

Comment

Hey Katanama, what happend with your test? I asked you ingame awhile ago but you said nothing happend (back then) - now a few weeks have passed and I am kinda curious about the results!
                              I'd appreciate if u'd share some intel ;), thx

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X