Demolition Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demolition Kit

We need explosives in an kit form that can be gotten off of a rally so I purpose a new kit.
    This lit would be limited so that there would always be one avalible like the crewman kit. But there can only be one per squad. The CQB kit would be great for close quarters maps. While for the armor maps they can play an AT ambush role. As well as firebase destruction.

The Demolition CQB kit goes like this:
    1. Knife
    2. Shovel
    3. Rifle Ironsight
    4. Shotgun Breacher
    5. Remote Charge(Detonated with clacker)
    6. Timed Charge(Short and Long Fuse on different firemodes)
    7. Binoculars
    8. Flashbang
    9. Defuse kit (Disarms and removes C4 and Mines)
    Note: No Wrench, No landmine.
    This should not a replacement for the engineer.
    This should be a 1 per squad unlimited kit.
    This kit should be used for CQB maps like insurgency ,skirmish, or 16p.

The Demolition kit goes like this:
    1. Knife
    2. Shovel
    3. Rifle Scope
    4. Shotgun Breacher
    5. Remote Charge(Detonated with clacker)
    6. Timed Charge(Short and Long Fuse on different firemodes)
    7. Binoculars
    8. AT charge (combined with Light AT should destroy tank)
    9. Defuse kit (Disarms and removes C4 and Mines)
    Note: No Wrench, No landmine.
    This should not a replacement for the engineer.
    This should be a 1 per squad unlimited kit.
    This kit should be used for maps involving armored vehicles.

, , or

Re: Demolition Kit

Sounds good in some aspects, but seems slightly overpowered. I might be against this. You probably don't need a breaching shotgun for either kits and the standard demolition kit doesn't need an AT charge when it has a bunch of other explosives. Both kits should have iron sights, seeing as it shouldn't be used as a front line combatant, but rather a soldier who has the job of destroying key positions.

On another note, I think the DEVs wanted to get rid of this kind of role as it was too tempting for a lot of players who insisted in making a "Spec Ops" squad every freaking round. A team with 4 spec ops squads is not cool. So, I think the kit layout is fine, I like the idea of a spotter class though.

Best to post in the reality suggestion forum so the DEVS and such can look at it.

P.S. as I look at the people veiwing this thread I wonder why cola is still not in bed...
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

I am pretty sure the Dev's went the way of limiting players access to explosives so that the taking of real estate would have to be done through co-ordination and firefights, not guys running into harms way with C4 in hand to destroy the bunker.. ie spawn point..

Comment

Don't think the devs like remote charges. I would think

1. Knife
        2. Shovel
        3. Rifle Ironsight
        4. 2 x SLAM
        5. 2 x Smoke
        6. Nothing
        7. Binocs
        8. Field Dressing
        9. Nothing

This isn't overpowered and I think that it would be perfectly capable of pulling down a FoB and it got smoke to cover the area. The kit is not taking any of the engineers specialities like breaching or static defence (mines/flares) and it does not have a hook either. Eventhou that might be useful. Don't make it unlimited but put 3 kits in rotation and make it so there have to be 3 people or maybe more to get the kit.
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Spec Ops kit anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
            Spec Ops kit anyone?
            Yeah, katanama's layout makes it sound just like a spec ops kit minus a few details.
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
              Spec Ops kit anyone?
              I wouldn't mind seeing the Spec Ops kit get one more C4 to begin with.

Comment

Airborne infantry sounds great to me, maybe if we get teh 114p servers there can be a airborne infantry squad to cap flags ...would prove EXTREMELY usefull on some maps *cough* Op Baracuda
                -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

From a realistic point of view I do not like it. I can tell you in all my 12 years in the army and 2 tours to Afghanistan, I have never seen Joe infantry carry C-4 or SLAMS during battle. If Joe Infantry wants something blown up he calls in a Tank, APC or air strike to do it, that is if his AT can not do it. I have heard of Special forces carrying some depending on the mission and I believe that is where it should stay.

Don't get me wrong, infantry play with the stuff. They just don't use it in battle as a common item.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius007 View Post
                    I wouldn't mind seeing the Spec Ops kit get one more C4 to begin with.
                    Well if one Spec Ops kit can take out half the bridge on Jabal (without reloading), then I think he has enough explosives on him.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                      Well if one Spec Ops kit can take out half the bridge on Jabal (without reloading), then I think he has enough explosives on him.
                      Ah, for some reason I thought it took 2. Nevermind then :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X