Whats up with this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with this?

It seems like every time I join a game and I see a player on with the |TG-X| or |TG-XV| tag and I ask them to join their squad they seem to ignore me. I wanna know if its something I did wrong or is it something I didnt do cause I really want to get this straightened out. I love playing with the 10th guard players but i have no reason why they would hold a grudge against me considering I am very new to the PR community and Im not the person to start trouble

Re: Whats up with this?

if you ask to join the squad but the squad is full you may not get an answer, infact the person you were trying to chat with may not have seen your chat

Comment

I make sure the squads arent full to prevent a person getting kicked to make room for me. And other people have asked and they have been given an invite but when I want to join it seems likes the person(not calling no names) acts like im not there

Comment

Sometimes the guys are on TS and have invitees there.

Comment

i think your not being ignored, sometimes the chat disapears quickly for someone to read or it may have been that the person who was squad leader may have some people say other members of the 10th etc that want to join his/her squad

Comment

I tried talking on TS and they have ignored me their also

Comment

Every IHS gets numerous requests to join their squad each and every round. There are only 5 slots besides the SL position. Not every request can be accommodated.

You've been in 10th squads before, so I don't understand the post. Do we have to get you in every single round? People do the best they can. We often run with open squads, but there are times where we want our squads to consist of our friends. Is this different from any other squad?

Why are we re-hashing this discussion over and over and over?

Edit: I'm locking this - it is becoming a "Woe is me" thread.

Edit #2: I'm unlocking it. Heck, let's throw caution to the wind.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yea I am sure you don't do this, but don't wait til a TG-X or TGXV member makes a squad and try to join that one. There are a lot of a great SL's that are not in an IHS that still make the game fun. Plus, like Jeepo said, they might have people on TS asking for invites as well.
                Created by Sonic

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|Barrel Chest View Post
                  It seems like every time I join a game and I see a player on with the |TG-X| or |TG-XV| tag and I ask them to join their squad they seem to ignore me. I wanna know if its something I did wrong or is it something I didnt do cause I really want to get this straightened out. I love playing with the 10th guard players but i have no reason why they would hold a grudge against me considering I am very new to the PR community and Im not the person to start trouble
                  Just to get this straightened out before it turns into an IHS flame war.

The In house squads that play PR do their upmost to include everyone in their squads, however, a squad only has 6 places, and alot of the time people from the previous round or on teamspeak ask for invites, aswell as this, IHS players like to play together, thats why they joined the squad so they usually get priority. If you want to join a squad i suggest you just hop on teamspeak and ask for an invite.

EDIT: disposable just posted at the same time, so mines a bit late.

Comment

What can I say...

We run some good squads. I guess their in high demand
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Ive allways got room in the "B"X squad...
                      Look for MM/E/RR squad.. That's medic x2, engie, rifle x 2

But I don't read chat and I don't lock and invite.
                      Marksmen and snipers need not apply..
                      Last edited by llPANCHOll; 10-06-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                        What can I say...

We run some good squads. I guess their in high demand

Big ego much?

But, seriously, these guys do run some kick ass squads...

Its always nice to get in with members of either of these great IHS. Best way is to get on TS and ask in advance, usually its in high demand and is already full before the squad has even been created. But, as said before, try squad leading yourself. I tend to squad lead before 7:00 EST, then when the 10th come on it's cool to not have to SL and make key decisions.
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

Remember: |TG-X| Just means you have +10 ninja.
                          You could get the +4 Str +4 stam leather belt if you really wanted to.
                          Always ask in advance, they are usually full.
                          Try squad leading yourself, it can be a pain, but its pretty rewarding. I squad lead sometimes, but not alot.

Comment

As said above, teamspeak is the best option. If you are being ignored, we are not maliciously excluding you, we are likely already comitted to inviting another.

And so you know, the |XV| is +15 pirate!
                            | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                            Charge for the guns' he said:
                            Into the valley of Death
                              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I made an infantry squad last night on Kashan 32 and it took almost a full 5 mins for it to be full.......i even posted in team chat if anyone was interested to jointhe infantry squad that i had created.....

The point being is who cares if its a squad named 10th or the XV, or the irregs, or the 6th, or the 22nd or the pantyraiders. IHS members get enough slack as it is for playing with their members, if they have 5 people in it and are waiting another person, or if they are full, move on......be an SL in your own squad, or be the commander.

I can guarantee they were not saying in squad chat "look at this guys, barrelchest wants to join our squad, lets not answer him so he thinks we are punishing him, or ignoring him." Many times if you talk in team chat players don't see it because well there is a lot of times lots of team chat going on, especially in the beginning of a round, or if you are on TS there is sometimes so much chatter that you can't hear one another, you can always ask "hey, next round if there is a slot open can i join?" I bet the answer will be "sure if theres a slot open, join up or you will get an invite" or "I'm leaving after this round but i know a fellow IHS member is staying and i'm sure you can get in the squad."

Or better yet, PM a member, instead of posting it on here, and automatically making an IHS sound elitist or pompus.............because what you posted could have easily been summed up in a PM.

I've played with you a lot barrel, and i don't mean to single you out, and if it comes out that way, than my apologies and i look forward to being a squad mate of yours this week.
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...