Autobalance Thingy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobalance Thingy

I liked the server more without it. F'rinstance last night, my side had 24, other team had 22, and I switched teams to play with squaddies and to balance numbers. Then for some reason it switched me back. Then it randomly switched a squaddie to my side, leaving the rest on the other team. Can we turn it off again? Or was the imbalance problem more serious than I realize?

BTW, This was bugging me, but admins are doing a great job of course.
    I was proud to be an SM yesterday, when there was a TK report and the guy was kicked within a minute. Some pubbies in my squad were like "Wow TG has their s**t together." :)

Re: Autobalance Thingy

yeah it is not very fun to be switched in the middle of a round, but I think it is needed since when it was off there were some seriously unbalanced matches like 35 to 27 or something like that. If I get teamswitched I switch back if I was leading a squad otherwise I wont.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

We'll never turn it off. After the scrimmage we forgot to re-enable autobalance and I logged on later to find the teams around 35-22.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Yea lol... the autobalance needs to be left on, if you really need to be switched back then get in touch w/ an admin and ask to be switched back if you can't switch yourself back (but I'd say don't worry about it unless you're in an important role... i.e. SLing)

Comment

and there's a 1 soldier per side soft zone so it can be 32-30
          instead of perfectly balanced 31-31 i think that's a good thing.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I like the normal way.
            -Craz3y-

(\__/)
            (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

I don't know if this is really on topic, but how about randomizing the teams after every round?

This will make a fair chance of there being equal teams and etc.

Comment

If one person leaves from a 31-31 game, they should switch half a person over to the other side.
                TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

don't get to choose what country you're born in =P
                  |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I'm not a fan in its current iteration. I am often (seemingly randomly) switched in the middle of a game. It didn't always do that. I'm not sure what's changed but it seems a bit more strict.. to the point of me disconnecting and hitting refresh until I can time it so as to be on the right side.

Haikus are easy.
                    But sometimes they don't make sense.
                    Refrigerator.

Comment

I have been switched only once, but I have been in squads where a squad mate or SL will randomly get switched and depending on their importance can have a HUGE effect on the squad. For instance, I have had tank gunners/drivers switched and then it severely hampers the squad if we were running tanks without the extra engineers.

Overall, I find that most of the time it does more good than bad. But on the times that it is bad, it could really hurt some teams.
                      Created by Sonic

Comment

I've been switched once. It was on Qwai, and the round was almost over. Instead of switching back (to US A), I went up the the AA guns and decided to wet some American pants by firing at the US main (it was in play, and no friendlies were in the way.)

I learned that those AAs do run out of ammo. And are very ineffective at pant-wetting, according to the US.
                        Waldo II

Comment

Needs a good spotter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Naw, I figure I can just make a local server some day, put markers on the map, and fire away at them. I get the battle record of it, and I find the most effective spots.

But good idea, getting a spotter. Hmm... Get some artillery action going. That is a totally badass idea.

EDIT: Oh man, with a bit of research and some teamwork, that could be effective. Infantry spotted, and if it is in range of the AA, then some SL can relay to the commander to relay to the arty squad and they can lay supressive fire with those guns.

Dude...

After this weekend I will have a map showing the places with LOS with the AAs. Dude, brilliant.
                            Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                              Naw, I figure I can just make a local server some day, put markers on the map, and fire away at them. I get the battle record of it, and I find the most effective spots.

But good idea, getting a spotter. Hmm... Get some artillery action going. That is a totally badass idea.

EDIT: Oh man, with a bit of research and some teamwork, that could be effective. Infantry spotted, and if it is in range of the AA, then some SL can relay to the commander to relay to the arty squad and they can lay supressive fire with those guns.

Dude...

After this weekend I will have a map showing the places with LOS with the AAs. Dude, brilliant.
                              Human intelligence at it's best.

Oh, and to prevent a complete off-topic post, yes, I have been noticing more random switching in the middle of games.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X