Muttrah Streetnames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muttrah Streetnames

After realizing that communicating locations on Muttrah would be much easier if the Streets were named, I discussed it with Disposible and set out on a project to do just that. The following images are the fruit of that labor.

The streets with Arabic names are accurate to the actual city of Muttrah. The rest of them were laid out in one direction Alphabetic, Numeric in the other, there are some exceptions where placenames seemed appropriate.

These seemed to be helpful in the planning and execution of the scrim against TTP.

After careful consideration, I think that releasing these maps to the public could only to help to elevate teamplay and assist in communication. Here they are for your consumption.

FULL MINIMAP

CROPPED MINIMAP

PRINTER FREINDLY 8X10
    NORTH
    CENTRAL
    SOUTHWEST

Re: Muttrah Streetnames

Utterly fantastic work Pancho. These are sure to be a great asset. Would it be possible to somehow overlay these over the big "m" or CO map so everybody can have these up even if they don't have a working printer or second monitor?

Upon further thought processes, could you find it in your kind soul to label some of the other cities, perhaps Sunset, Ramiel, and if you have a lot of spare time, the cities in Jabal, Basrah, and the like?

Comment

We need this as an iTouch application. I'd totally use it. =P

~Sirsolo..

I love my iTouch
      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

They were helpful during the scrim :)

Should be helpful again now, if using the names catches on to regular squad leaders.

| |

Comment

I just got a new desktop background.

Replaced Ramiel.
          Waldo II

Comment

That's a fantastic idea for the Muttrah map. I wish there was an easier way to identify them in-game other them memorization, but repetition can be learned.

Very nice!

I would suggest that the circle at Al Mina'a and Al Bahri be named as well, as it is a great landmark. Something along the lines of the Al Mina'a Circle or something simple from the names of the streets.

Naming landmarks can be great, and take the guesswork out of the streets. While you can still use the streets as referance, saying a landmark name would only help.

The park at 22nd and Juliet for example, could use a name. As could the circle at the western end of Al Mina'a. Might be getting too deep into it, but being able to call for backup when you know both the street names and landmark names can bring that chopper's missiles down like a 100 ton hammer. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
              We need this as an iTouch application. I'd totally use it. =P

~Sirsolo..

I love my iTouch
              Your a genius... I just went to look at the iMages on my iPhone and noticed that the zoom is just not quite good enough for streetnames to show up well while looking at the "Cropped Mini-map".. (the 8x10 show up fine, but it defeats the purpose of being to see the big picture, pinch and zoom) I wonder if there is a more iPhone iTouch freindly image format I could save these images as so that they could zoom and have better detail...

Comment

Will the iPhone take PNG images?

Also, Targa images are very crisp. A bit large at times, but TGA files if they are supported would be a good way to make high resolution.

Comment

won't vectored images allow the text to stretch correctly?

Comment

the map was already released in the AAR section...
                    just sayin, and sirsolo, i love my iTouch too (two) :D

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

i love mine also if i could get that as an image id be happy!

Comment

Thats fantastic, I did already see it but rep for putting it together.

Comment

I love it!

Command: "Snake Doc, squad 1 is pinned inside Oman Circle. They are requesting close air support on the western rooftops of 1st & 2nd Streets."
                          Cobra Squad Leader: "copy that, CAS available in 60 seconds"
                          Cobra Squad Leader: "team, we have reports of an enemy squad on 1st & 2nd Street rooftops. Position for a CAS strike, approach from the West at Alpha 3."
                          Cobra Pilot: "copy that" "moving to position."
                          Cobra Squad Leader: "command, this is Squad 5 reporting, CAS is in postion."
                          Command: "roger" "Flash...All squads be advised, CAS is inbound @ the west side of 1st Street."
                          Cobra Squad Leader: "BigBird, you are clear to engage."
                          Cobra Pilot: "copy that, engaging" ... (explosions) ... "1st Street is now a crater."
                          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                            I love it!

Command: "Snake Doc, squad 1 is pinned inside Oman Circle. They are requesting close air support on the western rooftops of 1st & 2nd Streets."
                            Cobra Squad Leader: "copy that, CAS available in 60 seconds"
                            Cobra Squad Leader: "team, we have reports of an enemy squad on 1st & 2nd Street rooftops. Position for a CAS strike, approach from the West at Alpha 3."
                            Cobra Pilot: "copy that" "moving to position."
                            Cobra Squad Leader: "command, this is Squad 5 reporting, CAS is in postion."
                            Command: "roger" "Flash...All squads be advised, CAS is inbound @ the west side of 1st Street."
                            Cobra Squad Leader: "BigBird, you are clear to engage."
                            Cobra Pilot: "copy that, engaging" ... (explosions) ... "1st Street is now a crater."
                            Cobra Pilot: Uh, we got the wrong street....

Comment

iTouches are great, but the iPhone is overpriced. Over a year its cheaper to get a touch, a good phone and have money to spare.....

But anyway great work, we need this on the actual map ingame
                              |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X