X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The never ending map rotation argument

Im not proposing a new map rotation.

What I had in mind is that someone with better understanding of scripts would be able to pick this up the adapt it to PR.

One of the problems I encounter is that almost when I got time to play, which is usualy around the same time every night the server is running the same map which in my case is Kashan.

So I googled a little and found this

http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/Scripts:AutoMap
    http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php...M_MapAutoSizer

Is this something that could be run on the TG server, and is someone able/interrested in setting it up?

/Jev

Re: The never ending map rotation argument

Yay first post. I think its fine the way it is though.

Comment

I also have the problem of nearly the same maps at the same exact time every night (almost). My only suggestion is to greatly increase the length of the map list so it's a much longer rotation. Otherwise, I'm personally fine with how the server's setup.
      TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Yes, I get this too. It can get pretty annoying, especially if you have a map you hate.

Comment

You aren't the only ones. No matter if we add or take away maps, we always seem to be playing the same part of the rotation at the same times each night. We've had scripts like those in the past, and the PoE server I believe is still running the auto-size script, but it doesn't really matter for PR since we are a) always full and b) size doesn't matter on the pr maps, since the 16/32/64 sizes are "sizes" but different game modes. The best solution I see is just to have the admins change up the maps while in game, if we play kashan at the same time every night one of us will get sick of it and switch it to something else.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

We have done as Nardini mentioned (change the map rotation on the fly) - guess what? People complain.

We change the rotation once a week (with maybe a tweak or two during). We keep some maps out for a week to keep things "fresh". As an example, we didn't have any insurgency maps last week. We only have 2 in this week, which means we will have gone 2 weeks without Korengal or Operation Archer on the server. Do you know what will happen when we put them back on? Yep, you guessed it, people will complain.

Let's face it, Kashan is one of the maps in PR that is pretty evenly balanced between the two teams, regardless of layer (16,32,64) and it usually plays out into a great fight. It is also one of the few maps that gives everyone a toy to play with. Qwai River used to be this way until it was changed to the US Army and the strykers. QinLing would be better if it had only jets or choppers, not both, but that map, too, is a combined arms map. Otherwise, that's it in PR for now as far as combined arms go.

Currently, this rotation is "themed" on the 16p layers, which currently works on all maps. The 32p layer, which gives random cps (except Kashan), is broken on every map except Barracuda, so we're limited in our varied game play on a lot of the conquest maps to the same old cp sequence and therefore tactics.

One month into the new release and things are getting boring already?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE PM THE RIGHT PEOPLE ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS!!!!!! I am not trying to single you out jevski but a simple PM with disposable, nardini, or any other admin would have been suffice.

I am for admins changing maps on the fly etc......they see what is going on, and if its stagnant, they will listen to the public and also make decisions on what is best.

or submit a proposed map list......who knows maybe it or some of it will be implemented in the weekly rotation.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                We have done as Nardini mentioned (change the map rotation on the fly) - guess what? People complain.

We change the rotation once a week (with maybe a tweak or two during). We keep some maps out for a week to keep things "fresh". As an example, we didn't have any insurgency maps last week. We only have 2 in this week, which means we will have gone 2 weeks without Korengal or Operation Archer on the server. Do you know what will happen when we put them back on? Yep, you guessed it, people will complain.
                People need to stop complaining about crap. It's making me angry
                TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Delta, yes its been up before. But what im asking is not only if that it could be used, but that someone able to do scripts change it so it fits to PR.
                  I wouldnt PM Dispo. since I dont know if he is able to adapt the script.
                  Also im not proposing the adding or removal of maps, nor the change in size, but only the in the rotation they are played, if we added a randomization into the fray we could solve the problem of having the same maps running about the same time of day.

Comment

I agree. Every time I play I have to go though Kashan Desert, map I dont fancy so much.

Comment

This thread is going nowhere.

We change the rotation once a week, as was already explained. We can't really help it if the same map is on when people play. For some it is Kashan, for others it is Muttrah, and on and on. We're sorry it works out that way, but we will not be changing the maps because one player is sick of the map. Once we do that, then everyone makes a request and then complains when they are ignored.

Can this thread just die gracefully and peacefully, or do we need to put a bullet in it's head?

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        This thread is going nowhere.

We change the rotation once a week, as was already explained. We can't really help it if the same map is on when people play. For some it is Kashan, for others it is Muttrah, and on and on. We're sorry it works out that way, but we will not be changing the maps because one player is sick of the map. Once we do that, then everyone makes a request and then complains when they are ignored.

Can this thread just die gracefully and peacefully, or do we need to put a bullet in it's head?
                        dispo can we make it so all the good maps are at the front and then as you move on and on towards the end the least liked maps play out? Kind of like the white sox season.......playing really well and making it to the playoffs, only to come up short at the end and leave everyone disappointed:row__685:.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                          dispo can we make it so all the good maps are at the front and then as you move on and on towards the end the least liked maps play out? Kind of like the white sox season.......playing really well and making it to the playoffs, only to come up short at the end and leave everyone disappointed:row__685:.
                          Now that was completely uncalled for!! Below the belt!!

Wow, I'm disappointed....

Comment

He could have said Cubs.

Comment

I think just alternate the hard core maps with shorter ones, I cant really think of any totally biased maps right now except the usmc beach assault type shouldnt be placed alternatively obviously

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X