Cap Radius - Mestia / Sunset City

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Radius - Mestia / Sunset City

With the changes to maps in .8, there are changes in tactics.

I have found 2 maps that have stayed in the rotation, but have had the cap radius areas changed have produced dramatic changes in play - Mestia and Sunset City. With the new larger cap radius areas, play now seems to revolve around killing the enemy rather than capping flags. It is quite interesting how something as simple as that can dramatically alter a maps effect on the battle.

Do you like this new cap radius setup or did you like the older way it was configured with multiple objectives?

What do you like about the new way it is set up?

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Cap Radius - Mestia / Sunset City

I like the new, but it's painful having to repeatedly tell people that flags don't matter when they say stuff like "WE NEED TO MOVE IN ON THE FLAG NOW"

Comment

There are both advantages and disadavantages to these flags. I enjoy how when your team doesn't have the best coordination but are awsome twitch shooters you can still win, as its based off a K/D ratio. But, I find it limits tactics involved a bit.

I'm iffy on it...

P.S. TMAN, you need to get some sleep buddy, it has to be around 6 in the morning there! ;)
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

I like it a lot. The most effective way of capturing a flag with a large radius is by using multiple squads to sweep up an area. On Mestia, despite having a large possible combat zone, the fight usually concentrates around a strong point chosen by the enemy and not a point chosen by the mapper, which doesn't always make sense.

Comment

I like it on mestia. The reason is that instead of having to fight as a regular faction now the militia can actually fight as I think they should. attack the enemy retreat and relocate. They can also spare more men to let deny the enemy their armor advantage.
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I really love playing militia on mestia. setting ambushes, mining the few ways that are accessable by armour, flanking the enemy, and especially sneaking in on them and blasting them with the PPsh on full auto. I think it's the way militia should be played. The advantage of the british team is still their green uniforms, that make them barely visible over long distances. Every match on this map is different.

On sunset, two equal forces meet. It really is who kills more, but regarding realism, it's good how it is. It's a battle over the control over a city, and the most effective way to gain the control is to kill every remaining opponent within the cap radius. I think a stronger ticket bleed for the team that isn't in control of the city would be better tough, because I've seen the team holding the flag loosing several times, because the other team just killed more. Holding the flag is not as rewarding as I think it should be.
            Last edited by Wurstwassereis; 10-10-2008, 05:25 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

I agree with Wurst. If holding the flag has no clear advantage why not remove the flag? But on the otherhand it also doens't matter that much.

I miss river Qwai tho alot!

Comment

You know nothing of the roaming britt pilot gang of Mestia. Word is, they roll 13 deep in a wedge formation from one side of the map to the other. I'd be carefull If I were you
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Our pistol rounds blot out the sun

Haikus are easy.
                  But sometimes they don't make sense.
                  Refrigerator.

Comment

I usually get into squads that defended the West Tower area. That usually turns into a good firefight.
                    Created by Sonic

Comment

Isnt OGT now like this ?

I like the maps the way they were.
                      What I want is more C&C !!!! :icon14:
                      I hope one day/version we can C&C on all the maps.
                      That'd be schweet !

|

Comment

Mestia was very hard as Britt the way it was back in the day. Right now I've seen that the Britts have better chance to take half of the flags.

Comment

Would Sunset City be better suited if:
                          a) it had the same gigantic circular cap area, but
                          b) the top half of the circle is "Northern Sunset City", and the bottom half is "Southern Sunset City"?

Is that workable, and how well would it play out? It would still keep the fantastic gameplay that comes from giant cap areas, while still giving each side a flag to specifically defend or attack.
                          TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
                            Mestia was very hard as Britt the way it was back in the day. Right now I've seen that the Britts have better chance to take half of the flags.
                            Milita would win when the British split their forces and tried to cap both towers at once which meant that they lost too many tickets to the bleed. I'd often go commander on Mestia and get the entire team to hit one tower to stop the bleed then the superior British weapons, scoped rifles, usually ensured a win.

Comment

Originally posted by MacMurchu View Post
                              Milita would win when the British split their forces and tried to cap both towers at once which meant that they lost too many tickets to the bleed. I'd often go commander on Mestia and get the entire team to hit one tower to stop the bleed then the superior British weapons, scoped rifles, usually ensured a win.
                              I must say I have never thought of it that way. Even the squadleaders I have played with were always like "Looks like no-one is heading for East tower... We'll go there"... :row__637:
                              I don't remember what was our tactic when we had won the map but I think Britts had split forces.
                              On old Mestia Britts usually got the West tower but it fell into enemy hands later and after that it was Britt grinding till we found their RPs and could capture the flags.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X