Sniper Rifles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Rifles

Now, I've never fired any of the rifles use in PR, in real life. I have used various types of scopes though, and none of them had 2 different range views. I may be wrong, but do these rifles in real life have 2 views?

Re: Sniper Rifles

There are variable zoom scopes.

Comment

There are all kinds of complex optics available for rifles. A variable zoom is relatively common.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Like was said, they do have variable zoom scopes far and wide.

I believe the main reason to make it 2 or even 3 fixed views of varying zoom levels in BF2 is a limit of the engine. I do not believe you can zoom in and out fluidly in the game, so they had to settle for fixed, "hard" zooms of varying levels.

At least I think I recall that reason being given on the PR forums. :D

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
          There are variable zoom scopes.
          I've seen many variable zoom spotting scopes, but I take back my original statement, I have seen one, a russian scope fitted for a variety of russian rifles, but not for anything else.

**EDIT**
          After a few pages into google, found some. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius007 View Post
            I've seen many variable zoom spotting scopes, but I take back my original statement, I have seen one, a russian scope fitted for a variety of russian rifles, but not for anything else.

**EDIT**
            After a few pages into google, found some. :D
            Well, next time you're at walmart, go to the sporting goods area and you can check out some cheap variable zoom rifle scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              Well, next time you're at walmart, go to the sporting goods area and you can check out some cheap variable zoom rifle scopes.
              Well, I thought walmart has us in its scope.

Anyways, variable scopes are out there. I have one mounted to a 22 for critter control.

Comment

As far as I know snipers will usually dial in a set range that they expect to be operating at i.e. 600 yards and then simply 'hold off' target for variations. This apears to be SOP for US snipers operating in Iraq at the moment.

Comment

Also, the variation pwns me IRL... Ive only fired two shots at a target, and the first one went clean over.. >.< (Accident, first real gun shot evar. I get that one screwup)

And the scope, or at least the center crosshair had Tritium. I glows in the dark. (Same element in ACOG scopes.)

It was awesome =D

~Sirsolo
                  |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Not wether there are variable zoom scopes, but are there sniper rifles with variable zoom scopes ?? Just asking. I was thinking they were fixed focal length.

|

Comment

omg bayern munich is invading the us. I recommend you listen to the song die toten hosen dedicated to them :p.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                        omg bayern munich is invading the us. I recommend you listen to the song die toten hosen dedicated to them :p.
                        Haha, I've heard it before. Don't speak german, had to read a translation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X