Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips on aiming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tips on aiming?

    Howdy. I'm coming back to PR after not playing since 0.5 (I think), and I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

    How much do I need to compensate for bullet drop? Recoil?

    Thanks.
    *=IMA=*2wiSteD


  • #2
    Re: Tips on aiming?

    Deviation is waay up. You need to keep the gun steady for a couple seconds before achieving maximum accuracy.
    Waldo II

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Tips on aiming?

      Close your eyes and open up on full auto.

      | |

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Tips on aiming?

        Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
        Close your eyes and open up on full auto.
        Quite the Marine thinking eh? haha ;).



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Tips on aiming?

          Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
          Close your eyes and open up on full auto.
          Don't forget shooting from the hip results in a guarenteed headshot.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Tips on aiming?

            Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
            Close your eyes and open up on full auto.
            Dont forget to warcry into the Mic and flail your mouse around for maximum accuracy and killing power.

            Oh, and prone dive.

            ~Sirsolo
            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

            Carpe Diem

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Tips on aiming?

              In all seriousness there are some tips for firing you should know.
              1. Crouching and waiting a second or two after stopping will increasing your accuracy
              2. Don't bother trying to fire full auto at something more than 25 meters away
              3. Fire in short bursts, as you can no longer pull of the quick: fire 2 semi-auto rounds at someone's face to get an immediate headshot. Surpressing and bleeding the enemy is good
              4. Slow down your rate of fire especially of you are engaging at 300 plus meters. With this crap deviation, you have to wait a second or two after each shot.

              Hope this helps and welcome back to PR!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Tips on aiming?

                The deviation system is definitly punishing, thats for sure. What I usually do is lay down heavy suppressing fire by rapidly clicking on single-shot. It keeps the enemy's head down, letting your marksman/sniper/etc. to get a clear shot.

                I've found that there seems to be some deviation changes with auto/semi. If you shoot a single bullet on auto (as in, click and let go), it seems to have more deviation than shooting a single bullet on semi. I might be wrong, however, so don't take my word for it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tips on aiming?

                  tracers are very helpful with this. They can help pinpoint how high or low you need to shoot.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                  sigpic




                  Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tips on aiming?

                    Originally posted by google View Post
                    In all seriousness there are some tips for firing you should know.
                    1. Crouching and waiting a second or two after stopping will increasing your accuracy
                    2. Don't bother trying to fire full auto at something more than 25 meters away
                    3. Fire in short bursts, as you can no longer pull of the quick: fire 2 semi-auto rounds at someone's face to get an immediate headshot. Surpressing and bleeding the enemy is good
                    4. Slow down your rate of fire especially of you are engaging at 300 plus meters. With this crap deviation, you have to wait a second or two after each shot.

                    Hope this helps and welcome back to PR!
                    Alternatively, if your primary goal is to suppress, fire 2 shots/second (at 300m+).

                    It's accurate enough to suppress and scare them, and the massive fire superiority of them hearing 2+ shots/second will usually scare them off.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Tips on aiming?

                      Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                      tracers are very helpful with this. They can help pinpoint how high or low you need to shoot.
                      http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...s-tracers.html

                      What happened to the "TRACER BUG" what was the ultimate decision.. Do we actually trust the tracers.. I'm not so sure...


                      As far as timing... you really must learn to wait before you shoot.. and with v0.85 you are going to have to learn to wait even longer... 2.5 seconds.. that is a "VERY" long time when you are in combat.. Bounding.. will become more and more essential...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Tips on aiming?

                        Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                        Deviation is waay up. You need to keep the gun steady for a couple seconds before achieving maximum accuracy.
                        By steady, do you mean just scoped? Or can I not move the mouse in scoped mode?
                        *=IMA=*2wiSteD

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Tips on aiming?

                          Originally posted by 2wiSteD View Post
                          By steady, do you mean just scoped? Or can I not move the mouse in scoped mode?
                          You will not be able to hit anything, and I mean "ANYTHING" unless the rifle is pulled up to your eye.. I dont use the scoped rifle as the sight in time is WAAAY to long.. use the Iron Sights..

                          After pressing the WASD keys you must wait a second before fireing.. mouse movement does not impart deviation unless is "WILD" mouse movement.. shifting view 180 degrees or so..


                          Mouse movement imparts deviation on only Marksmen, Sniper, and HAT..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Tips on aiming?

                            Thanks, guys! =)
                            *=IMA=*2wiSteD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Tips on aiming?

                              How about sniping? I've read somewhere that you really can't lead a target while sniping because of the deviation system.

                              This true? I haven't tried thinking that it wouldn't work, due to moving the mouse while breathing, waiting for maximum accuracy.



                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X