favourite maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite maps

ok guys whats your favourite map and why?

i would have to say that my favourite map would be fools road at the moment because you can always be sure of a good mech infantary fight on this map. Hilltop estate is probably one of the best areas on any of the maps for an infantary fight. i love it cqb everywere

Re: favourite maps

Well, it's an interesting change from the maplist hating.

I really haven't played enough insurgency maps, but Ramiel and Korengal both strike me as incredible. Besides that, good old Kashan desert brings just about everything you'd want in a match to one map.
    | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
    Charge for the guns' he said:
    Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Qwai is and has been my favorite map from the first time I played PR. I like it because it is different playstyles than other maps. USMC has Choppers and TOW's, while the PLA gets armor. It is a visually appealing as well. Every time I play it, I get more amazed at the level of detailing.

The attack order is cool to. Not one team holds an advantage. I guess the only thing I don't like about Qwai is the ticket bleed system as of right now.
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Qwai is probably the best for variation except when its stalemate. My (much misunderstood) idea would be to have a slow bleed on the other flags not just the main bases, then camping just one flag would not win the game

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Qwai 16 is my fav, but any Qwai is good.

I also like any map where I as an infantry SL dont have to rely on armor or air vehicles to do a good job to be able to move around. And then Mec Inf on basrah, its so much fun:)
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

i like only kashan 64, i only like to wait at the runway for planes to spawn and or make a 3man locked CAS squad because as the SL i will then fly and tell someone to get spec ops to lase targets.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I love kashan 64 but I prefer to make a 1man locked CAs squad and wait at main for a second a10 to spawn since I crashed the first I then am beat to it by a n00b so to him for the plane. After getting the plane i strafe squads 1337ly and get overinfusiastic and dont pull out of a run

But really I loved fools until now, the tanks spawn to soon and I think the Brits need some favs to spawn immediately. My new fave is quai 16
              |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Belive it or not, I really like korangal valley. It is a great infantry shooting map. Agreed that any Kashan is good.

You should make a poll thread for this so people can vote. Has that been done yet?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                  You should make a poll thread for this so people can vote. Has that been done yet?
                  I don't think it has for 0.8
                  If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Quinling 64

Balanced. No side has an advantage. Armor, Helo's, and jets Oh my.

OGT

I am a jungle whore. Now that the Flag cap radius is larger it is a whole lot more fun for me. Rember that guy your squad tripped over in the bushes? Yeah that was me. Sorry for killing all ya.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Of the .08 update:

Ramiel. I really enjoy urban infantry fighting, and the Insurgents actually have a chance in this one. Using the SKS in close quarters is a great time. I actually prefer playing them over the US here, even though the US has all the toys.

Of PR:

EJOD in its Infantry setup. Again, I enjoy urban infantry combat above all else, and EJOD has some of the best in the game. Especially when you can stalemate and just have insane amounts of street to street firefights.

And for kicks.... the least favorite.

Bi Ming. Some people love it, but I have yet to see a good game in Bi Ming. I've probably just been unlucky, but I have tried it, been in good squads, tried my best, but I just cannot get into that map. Usually the 16 size is up though, so I just take a break and come back for more next round.

Comment

I'd have to say fools road for my favorite map (mainly when I'm on the British team though lol...) because having a grenadier kit in that place is always nice and good fun. Fights are always intense and the side that knows how to flank/maneuver is going to win.

Comment

Kashan 16 is my favorite map by far. I love having Humvee/Vodnik battles, gunship battles, not to mention the close quarter battles in the bunkers. Granted, its the map I'm most familiar with and can formulate a plan on the fly much quicker than on most other maps.

Fools Road would probably be 2nd. Muttrah would be my favorite city map/ 3rd overall
                          sigpic
                          I'm Back.

Comment

Kashan 64 edges out Quinling 64 for me, only because quinling has the merlins which are still not fixed, and the runways are a little (lot) short. The combined arms that these maps offer when played properly (the tg way) is among the best gameplay I have ever had. In any game.
                            If pressed for something less combined arms-ish, Ramiel offers a great potential.

Comment

Huh.. what IS my favourite map..

Oh yeah, Koregal!

Its just.. awesome. Both ends of the spectrum. Soo much fun.

~Sirsolo
                              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse