Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logistics squad?

I have been trying out a logistics squad and it has been hit&miss:

The goal is use a truck to bring supply to the troops and ferry them between spawn points and their squads. I wait at the main or another good spot & wait for a request. As I am doing nothing I can immediately bring 2 boxes for a FOP at a moments request. Worked perfectly when we were capping Government Office at Qwai. With more people I would take a truck & vodnik and deliver them to a squad, leaving the vodnik there.
    Other times there are no requests at all and the SLers seem to be doing fine on their own. Although a few trucks are still left alone in the middle of nowhere which I bring back to main.

I usually lock the squad from the beginning as otherwise I have a full squad in no time which is completely useless for a logistics squad.

I find trucking around a great change from SLing all the time, but since people do not seem to appreciate it that much I am not sure wether it is actually that usefull. Any opinions on the logistics squad?

Re: Logistics squad?

I too find this enjoyable and the squad can be decisive in the outcome of the match.

On armour/apc maps, you can also have two engineers with you to do repairs or building. You can also set up a sort of repair/ammo station in a good spot and help out lots with that.

Comment

Last night (or the night before, my memory is that bad) There was a guy called whirly ... that was driving a commandtruck and a vodnic in a convoy. It was really nice not to have to worry about logistics just give him a call and tell him where you want it and it was there as soon as possible. Made my life allot easier when our team seemed to be falling apart (from my viewpoint).
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

i found that helped a lot on fools road last night, as my squad was left abanoned a train with no way to get to milita bunker apart from tab it, however wirlybird was kind enough to drive to me, then change out of the frivers seat and let me drive the co truck to a favourable positon.

lol katanama posting about the same thing and person :)

Comment

Logistics all last night.... 3 hours on Kashan and something like 50 points.
          It is a thankless job.

BUT IT'S FUN !!!!

:D

|

Comment

I make a FOB building squads and it does help the team alot.
            -Craz3y-

(\__/)
            (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

Logistics is a less mind-numbingly boring version of a commander. I find it very relaxing (save for the times an enemy decides to prey on my convoy) to drive around and deliver crates, particularly on large maps where the drive can take several minutes.

Comment

Sounds fun and something I wont get yelled at for doing wrong. Well maybe when Im not driving. :D
                Hmmm, I wonder if anyone's on the server...........
                IMO: I think it very useful and uber l33t.

Comment

I do logistics squads a lot on Fools Road, Kashan, and Qwai, if I get into the game after squads have been formed. When I do, I try to limit my squad to two people; three if we need to set up mine fields. Even if other squad leaders aren't requesting ammunition, you can use engineer trucks to zip around the maps and drop smaller crates by squads that have been engaged, or at strategic locations for later use by HAT or whatever else.

As for appreciation, you just have to accept the 'no guts, no glory' mentality of online games. You're not actively engaging the enemy, so people won't notice what you're doing most of the time.

Logistics squads are great, especially as a break from SLing or other high stress activities from the previous round.

Comment

I love doing these squads. Sometimes I've just been a 2 man engineer squad on kashan and trucked around to bring supplies to squads or repairs to tanks.

Comment

I love them. Especially as a CO or a SL's point of view, they rock.

I even enjoy playing in them. Since points are very meh in PR, I don't worry about it. :D

It's a great idea, and you really help your entire team out. I've seen Blackhawk pilots in Kashan do this as well. When they have no transport requests, they ferry supply crates out.

One time (not on TG) just after .809 came out, I witnessed two Blackhawks do this in convoy style over and over when they were not ferrying troops to the bunkers. Because of them, we had 2 perfectly setup firebases in key locations. We swept over the village and outpost quickly, and these pilots were the key to that success.

Comment

I've flown supply missions on Barracuda when there is no one to transport. It's good to keep yourself useful when your primary role is not needed.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I have had good luck with logistics squads. On fools road i cant remember who it was would bring me scimitars and i would give him the one that was low on ammo and damaged so we wouldnt have to run back to base. it was a great idea and helped out our team alot
                          |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

I, too, like these squads.

I try to get as many people who speak different languages in my squad and drive around translating for other players.

Wait, DUH!!! I thought this thread was about linguistics squads!

Oops....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

that was poor it kinda ruins your sonic joke desposable
                              |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X