C&c

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&c

I just wanted to say thank you to Cougar and Nardini and all the other admins for running C&C tonight. This game mode adds a whole new dimension to PR and its going to be fun exploring it further.

0.8 has given us so much. Project Reality just keeps gettting better and better.

C&C = :icon14:

|

Re: C&c

Man, I've only been able to play C&C one time, and it wasn't a good round. Hope to see it more, so we can get exposed to it. :)

Comment

This C&C seemed to lack something, its a gamemode that is hard to preform on a pubbie server, this is why we are not experienced enough to get some solid tactics.
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

I didn't understand it at first, but it's pretty crazy. It's fun not knowing where the enemy base might be.
        *=IMA=*2wiSteD

Comment

The gamemode is extremely exciting, but only when there is a commander present on your team. Otherwise it can be a disaster.

|
          |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
            This C&C seemed to lack something, its a gamemode that is hard to preform on a pubbie server, this is why we are not experienced enough to get some solid tactics.
            We all face the same obstacles my friend. In time I think we'll all be able to pick this up on the fly. :)

|

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
              We all face the same obstacles my friend. In time I think we'll all be able to pick this up on the fly. :)
              Exactly. And the best way to learn is by jumping in head first (does not apply to wood-chipper operation). Maybe we could sneak a couple C&C maps in the rotation just to see if people are willing to pick up the reins on the fly.

Haikus are easy.
              But sometimes they don't make sense.
              Refrigerator.

Comment

Ugh, I hear you guys played... Qwai tonight.

I was soooo tempted.

C & C is a good game mode, but I think there need to be more messages on when your base is attackable and when it isn't, in addition to the current messages that tell us when their base is attackable.

| |

Comment

I let everyone know that for this round only the main can be attacked at any time. For this type of gameplay I believe that forcing the teams to defend their mains at all times adds allot to the game, not to mention if we had done that the round wouldn't have ended so quickly :). It would be hard (not to mention confusing) to allow main base attacks for this game mode only, so these type of maps would have to be somewhat organized, and by that I mean an admin has to be on to throw it on the map list.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I think for what it's worth, the CnC was a success.

Granted, I was on the winning Chinese team.

I don't usually lead squads, but the Chinese team was lacking of regulars. The US, however, had plenty. I figured that I would help out our team more by leading a squad.

First I had my squad set up a FOB at our main. It is easy to defend and gave us easy access to transport. After that, we grabbed a new truck and put down another FOB in a small hut-thing-place in Charlie/Delta 2/3. Or something. It was destroyed later on, no one was defending it. My squad was going to, but Commander had us take the boat and scout out the north for enemy FOBs. The US decided to put up sandbags and stuff north of mine, so that was easy to find. We went up the river, but aborted the assault because of a lack of a way off the river and we were pretty sure the US was looking right at us.

We proceeded down south, per commander's orders, to look for FOBs at processing. After unloading, we stayed at the shore next to the boat for some time (I didn't like it, but I remember there was a good reason). A LAT soon found us and destroyed our boat, and I had all survivors move southeast. There was like an entire squad and a very angry Stryker there waiting for us, and after five minutes of slaughter/revive/slaughter, we aborted.

We spawned back at main, grabbed a truck and went to go across the north bridge once the engineers were done clearing it of mines. We set up a FOB on that dock area southeast of the north bridge, northwest of Government. I put up some amazing razorwire, and we went to attack the FOB at government. We met some resistance and I got killed (headshot). I found out we had capped Pigfarm, so I spawned there and told my squad to do what they want so long as they kill US and head in the general direction of Pigfarm.

I was disappointed that we didn't get much action, but our FOBs helped out the team a great deal.
                    Waldo II

Comment

C&C is fun, has promise, but is still rather new and a bit confusing for most of us. People were arguing about where exactly the FOBs had to go, not realizing that the markers being put on the map were arbitrary locations set by the CO. We needed better communication but still won.
                      |TG-6th|Belhade
                      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I just want to know when we can have a T&A night.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pick Em Night!

Comment

Jeepo night? Or maybe you people are just not ready for that yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                              Jeepo night? Or maybe you people are just not ready for that yet.....

No one is ready for that mate!:D:icon14:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X