PR 0.8 maps for Advance Tactical Center

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 0.8 maps for Advance Tactical Center

Hey guys,i'm glad to announce a full 0.8 map pack for ATC!

This release includes:

~Snapshots of all cp's in 0.8 maps
    ~3 to 4 3D overviews of each CP in a map in different angles!
    ~each CP has a direct aerial view!
    ~Most of counter attack and insurgency maps are included!
    ~Tactical view (co's) of each map included!

**Few Insurgency and counter-attack maps were excluded because their is no cp's,or they lack a performance in the server,if u guys want those maps to be as well ill b happy to make them as aerial overviews of the cities (See Al-Basrah Overviews for example),just post the request.

This release was made after long restless hours lol, so I hope you enjoy this release and give some feedback's.

Thanks for WhiskeySix for his very good guide:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-pack-atc.html

Link to the package (Instructions inside):
    http://rapidshare.com/files/155004624/ATCPR0.8.rar.html

PS.sorry if rapidshare is a little annoying i have a premium account so the file is kept for long time.

For more information about what ATC is visit:
    http://www.foolishentertainment.com/Default.aspx

Cheers and enjoy :)
    Last edited by Asot; 10-17-2008, 05:15 PM.

|TG-Irr| Trance

Parlay?

Re: PR 0.8 maps for Advance Tactical Center

Wow, very nice job!

Comment

Downloaded it, but don't know how to open it...

It looks like this...

|TG|
      ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
        Downloaded it, but don't know how to open it...

It looks like this...

=0 Download WinRar from here.

.rar files are very common, and there is a big chance you will need to open one of them again, so you should download WinRar and keep it.

Comment

Wow, this is a great tool.

Great work! I bet this will be used in some form in the upcoming TTP/TG scrim. ;)

Comment

PS: Your free FTP space would do better than RapidShare since u r an SM. ;)

Comment

A better alternative than WinRar.
              7-Zip.
              Not only is it fast, but it also compresses and decompresses all sorts of file types, while being very small in size. It is completely free and open-source.

And using Rapidshare is a good idea to save money on bandwidth.

(If this is going to stay stickied, I suggest adding a reference to 7-Zip in the first post, for those, like Sonic, who don't know how to extract a .rar file.)
              Waldo II

Comment

I would always download these files and delete them thinking I downloaded them wrong. Well, I know thats not the case :D
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                  A better alternative than WinRar.
                  7-Zip.
                  Not only is it fast, but it also compresses and decompresses all sorts of file types, while being very small in size. It is completely free and open-source.

And using Rapidshare is a good idea to save money on bandwidth.

(If this is going to stay stickied, I suggest adding a reference to 7-Zip in the first post, for those, like Sonic, who don't know how to extract a .rar file.)
                  If we're gonna go with alternatives I think I'd have to choose AlZip. xD

Comment

sweet! great work trance!

Oh... I just remembered something - It's important to note that this will overwrite any custom maps you already might have. For example, if you already have the PoE2 map-pack, installing this will remove support for that. The pictures will all still be there, but the custom.xml file won't point to them. Be sure to rename/backup your custom.xml file before installing if you want to be able to support multiple map-packs.

(I just made a copy of my /Data/Custom.xml and renamed it /Data/PoE2-Custom.xml. Now when I want to switch back and forth, I just rename /Data/Custom.xml --> /Data/PR-Custom.xml and then /Data/PoE2-Custom.xml-->/Data/Custom.xml)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      sweet! great work trance!

Oh... I just remembered something - It's important to note that this will overwrite any custom maps you already might have. For example, if you already have the PoE2 map-pack, installing this will remove support for that. The pictures will all still be there, but the custom.xml file won't point to them. Be sure to rename/backup your custom.xml file before installing if you want to be able to support multiple map-packs.

(I just made a copy of my /Data/Custom.xml and renamed it /Data/PoE2-Custom.xml. Now when I want to switch back and forth, I just rename /Data/Custom.xml --> /Data/PR-Custom.xml and then /Data/PoE2-Custom.xml-->/Data/Custom.xml)
                      Lolz i would have done that had i not gone interesting looking at your PoE2 map pack post.

Comment

can someone explain to me the theory of compression?
                        listen close
                        to the rat-tat-tat-
                        as the metal flies,
                        we should know as fact:
                        that unearthly demons
                        are part of our pack,
                        and as we engage you
                        in battle we pass.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_compression

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                          In computer science and information theory, data compression or source coding is the process of encoding information using fewer bits (or other information-bearing units) than an unencoded representation would use through use of specific encoding schemes. For example, the ZIP file format, which provides compression, also acts as an archiver, storing many source files in a single destination output file.

As with any communication, compressed data communication only works when both the sender and receiver of the information understand the encoding scheme. For example, this text makes sense only if the receiver understands that it is intended to be interpreted as characters representing the English language. Similarly, compressed data can only be understood if the decoding method is known by the receiver.

Compression is useful because it helps reduce the consumption of expensive resources, such as hard disk space or transmission bandwidth. On the downside, compressed data must be decompressed to be used, and this extra processing may be detrimental to some applications. For instance, a compression scheme for video may require expensive hardware for the video to be decompressed fast enough to be viewed as it's being decompressed (the option of decompressing the video in full before watching it may be inconvenient, and requires storage space for the decompressed video). The design of data compression schemes therefore involves trade-offs among various factors, including the degree of compression, the amount of distortion introduced (if using a lossy compression scheme), and the computational resources required to compress and uncompress the data.

Comment

Bump

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

really nice job!

|
                              |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement