Games on 20/10/08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games on 20/10/08

Once again I played on a team with numerous 2 and 3 man squads off doing little to help the team. Of course as a result we lost games we could have won. I would like to thank all the guys I had in my squads for Qwai onwards, well done lads, thanks for following orders and being a great bunch.

I know most of the leet sneaky squad members don't read these forums but on the off chance they do I ask you to think about what you're doing in a round. Ask yourself is it helping or are you just off on some vanity trip or just simply messing about.

If there are 2 three man squads how about merging and helping cap or heaven forbid defend a flag. Sniper/recon squads, most of the guys I see do this couldn't hit a barn door with a standard rifle let alone snipe effectively.

To be honest with the size of some maps and good TS (sharing of information) how much recon do you think some maps need. Guess what the enemy are moving to the next flag per AAS, you don't need to lay in a bush for an hour to work that out. Their FB is probably going to be in this grid because when you were that side in a previous round thats where you set yours. It's not rocket science. What does appear to be too hard for some players to understand is the need to get to a flag, in AAS order, cap it and hold it.

On a positive note I also wanted to say good job to Sonic, T-Man and many others for doing their best to get some real teamwork going, it was good playing with you.

Re: Games on 20/10/08

That must be the reason why we were able to win on Barracuda. I was the USMC commander and even though we were unable to take Bridge, we were able to coordinate a good defense of Supplies. Afterwhich I resigned and joined the fight around for the last 20 or so tickets.
    Created by Sonic

Comment

i think the only time a recon squad is worth any merit is when it actualy can perform recon. an example a 2 man sniper squad who have sucsessfuly found a good hiding spot on quinling then report back to the team on when tanks, planes, attack heli leave the base etc. However on maps such as mestia and jabal they are not need in the slightest

Comment

Well, I've found a few places where snipers can do some serious damage on Mestia... especially in the tower assaults/defenses when people are scaling hills with little in the way of cover. Sit off on one of the mountains, relay information, and pick off the ones who try to huddle behind a rock. I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the few maps where sniping is really beneficial, as there's a near infinite amount of spots you can take the shot from, and a few hot spots that don't have much tree cover.

Comment

I ceated a sniper team the other day in Bi Ming me and another sniper made it all around the map gathering intel, removing rallies and killing targets. In the end we had 9 kills 0 deaths 2 of which were Officers, 3 were medics. We also took out 3 rally points. Sniper squads can be very usefull if done right. We only got spotted twice and managed to escape both times. We also had enemies walk right over us without seeing us, it was the best time ive had as a sniper. Two snipers are better than one.

, , or

Comment

Originally posted by AREM117 View Post
            I ceated a sniper team the other day in Bi Ming me and another sniper made it all around the map gathering intel, removing rallies and killing targets. In the end we had 9 kills 0 deaths 2 of which were Officers, 3 were medics. We also took out 3 rally points. Sniper squads can be very usefull if done right. We only got spotted twice and managed to escape both times. We also had enemies walk right over us without seeing us, it was the best time ive had as a sniper. Two snipers are better than one.
            Like posted before I too agree it depends on the map, and who is doing it.

Comment

And thats, the kicker: if you don't have people playing the kit correctly with a spotter, it's worthless. If the sniper is just intending to kill as many enemies as possible, he's going to die and lose the kit without making an appreciable difference. If he plays as AREM describes, he can make a significant contribution to the team in a supporting role.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                And thats, the kicker: if you don't have people playing the kit correctly with a spotter, it's worthless. If the sniper is just intending to kill as many enemies as possible, he's going to die and lose the kit without making an appreciable difference. If he plays as AREM describes, he can make a significant contribution to the team in a supporting role.
                Maybe we can change the kit to "Scout", that way people won't see Sniper and choose it, wasting a kit.

lol, I dunno.

Comment

The Anti-Sniper thing can go on forever, I dont think that was the main focus of this thread.

It was the grunts.
                  3 man squads are worth NOTHING. Its JUST enough to make the officer worth it, but that's it.

Ive run 4 man squads. ONLY on Insugency. All 3 times Ive run it, we've taken out 1/3rd of the caches. None of those were marked.

But AAS? Never. Thats a competition of numbers, and if the numbers are weak (3 man squads attacking at a time) then you will fail.

This isnt about the snipers. This is about the attacking force.

~Sirsolo
                  |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
                    The Anti-Sniper thing can go on forever, I dont think that was the main focus of this thread.

It was the grunts.
                    3 man squads are worth NOTHING. Its JUST enough to make the officer worth it, but that's it.

Ive run 4 man squads. ONLY on Insugency. All 3 times Ive run it, we've taken out 1/3rd of the caches. None of those were marked.

But AAS? Never. Thats a competition of numbers, and if the numbers are weak (3 man squads attacking at a time) then you will fail.

This isnt about the snipers. This is about the attacking force.

~Sirsolo
                    I disagree. In my opinion well-led 3-5 man squads outperform Well-led 6 man squads, assuming equal total numbers. The smaller organizational group allows for better communication as well as allowing more diverse tactics to be applied. A similar result can be achieved with the use of fireteams, but as we all know they can be a pain in the rear-end to maintain.

Also if this:
                    I know most of the leet sneaky squad members don't read these forums but on the off chance they do I ask you to think about what you're doing in a round. Ask yourself is it helping or are you just off on some vanity trip or just simply messing about.
                    is referring to me (I often run a squad named "Sneaky"):
                    I try my best to serve the team; however my opinion of what best serves the team is often differs quite heavily from the opinion of the majority. If you feel I am being useless, let me know, and possibly ask for help if we're in a position to give it.

Comment

Where they experienced PR players these snipers? I've sometimes seen vets and others just tired of the same tactics and trying something else, me included. You know the old routine with assemble great experienced squad, spawn, grab kits and truck, set up in the right tactical spot with fb, kill everything, grab flags and basically win the match can get repetetive. It's nice to do something different here and there.

However, if they weren't experienced they probably don't know better and need to learn. Either by reading here, or by trial and error or by someone teaching them what to do ingame. Leadership is decisive on regular rounds on the server. With no one to squad lead it's headless chicken time. Also if no one tries to listens to SL'ers/CO's it's over pretty fast too.

Comment

I agree with Wickens, 2-3 man locked squads are RAMPANT on TG, and it isn't just pubbers locking squads.

Comment

Sir Solo is right, this thread was not directed at snipers, I merely mentioned that kit as sometimes the 2 and 3 man squads pick it up. On the night in question it was the 2 and 3 man infantry squads that hurt us. I understand RiffRaffs point about smalller squads being easier to manage, this is purely due to the likelihood of a diruptive player in a larger squad. The more squad members there are, the greater chance one is a 'dud'. If anyone has a problem with a large squad because they are a bit unruly, then report and kick the player.

As far as weaknesses of small squads go a case in point is the medic. In a 2,3,4 man squad you will probably only have one medic, if you're lucky. If you have more you sacrifice ammo, or another another opportunity to take a limited kit, something these mini squads love to do.

Believe me if you run into a decent 6 man squad that is coordinated, you are DEAD with 3 men. I now regularly take 2 medics in my squad and people now seem to be more willing to play medic as they get the points they deserve, the plaudits and respect from their teammates and they themselves realise how crucial that kit is to a squad. Little squads just get steamrollered by larger squads of equal ability. If you didn't get hammered then you must have broken contact and evaded, which in terms of territory and flags means the same. If you did not eliminate the enemy or capture/hold the ground you advanced into, then basically you ran away. Congratulations you stayed alive and achieved precisely nothing. That means ticket loss if you stayed and fought or flag loss if you evaded, either means fail.

Another thing these little squads like to do is pack their squad out with limited kits, LAT and HAT being favourite. Brilliant you stopped a fullly functioning squad being able to request the kit when needed. In addition due to your lack of numbers you may well have resticted accesss to ammo. Not to mention the fact that your lack of numbers may lead to you being overrun and losing the kit when it is needed most.

Please for the love of PR take a look at the map, evaluate what you are doing and really, honestly assess if it's for the best of the Team. We all goof off now and again but sometimes you have to do your share of the hard work, in a organised, team first manner.

I will reiterate that I doubt most of the worst offenders will ever read this, it is not directed at the real team players at TG.

Still despite all that there was some great teamwork on display on that particular night and we gave a team with some good players some tough (cough and some very easy lol) games.

Comment

RiffRaff no, my use of the term Sneaky was in no way directed at you, I meant it in the general MetalGearSolid/Ninja behind enemy lines sense. You know the 3 man squad that won't go near a flag even when we desperately need help defending because they are off on a secret mission. I hadn't even noticed your squad name. Besides 5 man, 6 man squad, not much in it, certainly enough to be self supporting and effective.

Comment

Andy you are just frustrated you lost! Come on, admit it! And the teams were stacked too! You whiner! :D

Nah i totally understand you. Countless times when we are losing on some map i've pulled up the map screen and said: "What are the other squads doing?" And when we then continue to loose, i just try to focus on our squad and having fun. It sucks i know, but i think it boils down to the players being new and not knowing better. We needs to educate them about talking teamwork. I'm not saying i know everything either, i'm always learning in this game when i play.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X