Anonymous day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous day!

I think, in order to promote teamwork and non-elitism, there should be a day dedicated to anonymity.

Basically it will be a day/event where everyone has to make a new account without TG tags on, and a name that people wouldn't associate with yourself. Squad names should also refrain from hinting at who you are.

This can be used so new comers can't be discriminated against and promote everyone playing with everyone. I wouldn't put a password on it on during the event, as that would discourage new players.

Moderation would have to occur on sever/TS as to make sure people keep to the anonymity of the event. That just goes against the fun of it anyway. After a round you will have gotten to know your squad, might have even gotten with someone you knew, and if you liked the people you can continue to play with them. If not, then just go back in the pot and find a different squad, but don't give anyone away, remember anonymity is the key in this event.

I'm not sure if it should be the same day every week like password events, or just a one time deal every once in a while but that could get ironed out later.

Thoughts??

P.S: I think TG members need to submit their fake name(s) to admins, to insure that no one goes crazy with anonoyms power (I'm sure people will be mature, but you never know)

Re: Anonymous day!

Anonymous is Legion.

=P

I dont know about this... seems a little.. sketchy. I think that people should just.. not be intimidated by the TG tags.

~Sirsolo
    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Sounds like a kewl idea. I know of a few people who use aliases when they just want to be a grunt and not get recognized. As for submitting names, I'm pretty sure the admins can ban you just as easily even if you're not using your regular name.

Anonymity only works until you use VOIP in squad. There are a lot of very recognizable voices. (i.e. Charity Case, Disposable, Warehouse, etc...)

Given the number of people who wear the tag but never visit the forums, it might be hard to organize this sort of event, but most people would probably catch on after a while.

Edit:
      Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
      I think that people should just.. not be intimidated by the TG tags.
      It's not that people are intimidated by the TG tag, pubbies flock to it. If one squad has a bunch of TGs in it, a lot of people are going to try to join that squad at the expense of the effectiveness of other squads which may or may not have players of their experience level. If everyone plays under a pseudonym, we won't have squads like CC INF, 10TH ARMOR, and GO FAST! that fill up in a quarter of a second, robbing the other squads of players.
      Now, it's entirely possible that some people will look at the player list before entering and say, "Oh, that's going to be a boring game, nobody worth playing with is on." but that's their loss. If we have a bunch of ninja TGs disguised as pubbies, they can be evenly distributed amongst the squads, and everyone can have fun and learn something new.
      Last edited by eekozoid; 10-22-2008, 08:22 PM. Reason: Response to simultaneous post

Comment

I think it's fine once you get in a squad if you know who you're with, just not broadcast who everyone is to everyone else...i hope that makes sense.

It's not for people who are "intimidated by TG tags" it's for TG tag wearers to stop clumping together, and get to know some other PR community members... This is kinda in response to Disposable's thread.

Comment

Ohhhh I get it. Its the initial thing! People joining "TG-#th" squads instead of... yeah. I get it.

~Sirsolo
          |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Hah! Now this is the most creative idea I've heard all day.

Now, but everyone, you mean everyone who voluntarily chooses to participate, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure we can't narrow it down to who HAS to do annonymous, and we can't force anyone to do anything.

Either way, I am thinking that it'll just be more of a day to "refocus" on what TG really stands for. Something that doesn't have to be regulated by admins (as if their current work isn't enough). Because everyone, tags or not, have the follow the rules, right? It shouldn't matter if you "go crazy" with your annonyminity, you're still going to pay the consquences for what you do.

Also, if it's voluntary participation, then how would we keep the event a "secret" if it's a public one?

Good intentions, and to be honest, I would love to see this get pulled off. Just a few concerns...

| |

Comment

I love it! Write something up, pick a date and let's do it!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                Hah! Now this is the most creative idea I've heard all day.

Now, but everyone, you mean everyone who voluntarily chooses to participate, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure we can't narrow it down to who HAS to do annonymous, and we can't force anyone to do anything.
                Anyone who doesn't participate will be ostracized (not really...but really) If they didn't know about it, that's understandable but if you know about it and you don't participate you should be shunned.
                Either way, I am thinking that it'll just be more of a day to "refocus" on what TG really stands for. Something that doesn't have to be regulated by admins (as if their current work isn't enough). Because everyone, tags or not, have the follow the rules, right? It shouldn't matter if you "go crazy" with your annonyminity, you're still going to pay the consquences for what you do.
                Yeah, that's a grey line for me, I'm not sure if names need to be submitted, but moderation needs to be heavy to enforce rules and anonymity throughout.

Also, if it's voluntary participation, then how would we keep the event a "secret" if it's a public one?
                It's not a secret that it's an event, the secret is the players names. People from other servers can keep their names, it's mainly for TG players.

Comment

how about anonymous emdek day? (anon + no voip :p)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I really like it...
                    But, I know most voices.
                    |TG|
                    ||||

Comment

Pubbies don't know people's voices as well as we regulars do. VOIP shouldn't pose a problem at all.

I like the idea a lot. This must be done.

Plus, they join squads based on who they see in the squad, if they wear tags or not. They may want to join the same person's squad twice, but the effect won't be nearly as great as usual.

(Only problem is I am crap at making up names. I'll somehow modify Paul Bunyan... can't go wrong with Paul Bunyan. Pure badass.)
                      Waldo II

Comment

If you're bad at making names...

grunt1, grunt2, gruntxxxx

all work fantastically.

Comment

how about thursday october 30th aka mischief night?
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            how about thursday october 30th aka mischief night?
                            Should be on a weekend, as that's when most people have time off. Also, I believe TGU and the admins are working on something for Halloween (Oct. 31st).

| |

Comment

My accent mmakes me an easy find.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed