Simple Advice that will Save Your Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Advice that will Save Your Life

Seeing a gap in the ranks, I frequently find myself playing Medic these days as most players in squads are eager to experiment with all the new weapons and toys that the DEV's have bestowed on us for 0.8. Now... I don't claim to be a miracle medic, I haven't spent countless hours devoted to the task of resuscitation, but I think I am a competent field doc, and I know where and when to revive someone and where and when you leave a man behind.

There have been many posts and guides on how to behave as a Medic and so the advice I want to convey has to do with how you act when you are the patient and not the healer. Most fresh faced PR players take some time to get used to the far more involved medic system, which requires considerably more time to utilize than Vanilla's shock paddles. In keeping themselves busy, many patients like to watch the Medic while he works on them, shaking his bag vigorously.

My advice is simple and crucially important.

When a medic is healing you, never... EVER... look at him. Look anywhere else BUT at him. Preferably, stay in either a crouched or prone position with your back towards a wall and the medic behind you. Your job is then to scan in front and be alert to threats. In this way, you reduce the chance of someone coming around a corner to see what looks like two grown men playing patty-cake in a warzone... a tempting target if ever there was one.

Like I said, simple advice. And it could very well save your life.

|TG|DarthDisco

Re: Simple Advice that will Save Your Life

That's what I always tell my squadmembers when they're getting fixed up, but some still don't get it... Yet

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Whenever I am being healed and I have a sidearm, I use that. Optics take too long to ready-up in a close-quarters life-or-death situation, and it is easier to shoot accurately while combat ineffective.
      Waldo II

Comment

Please, when you're being healed, crouch. You are 1000 times easier to heal when you take a knee than when you are lying down. I think it has something to do with the positioning of the hitboxes. If you are in a depression and getting shot at, fine, stay prone. But if you can safely crouch, do so.

ETA - Also, you have less of a chance of headshotting your medic if you guys are surprised by a bad guy.

|
        |

Comment

When being healed in the prone position, do not fire your squad automatic weapon. The medic tends to get hit, despite being behind you.
          | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
          Charge for the guns' he said:
          Into the valley of Death
            Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Crouch

Crouch

Crouch
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Good advice. Another suggestion, if I may:

If more than one person is waiting on the medic's service, do not lay there on the ground writhing around next to the other injured person. Wait your turn, don't shove the medic and/or other patient around and keep an eye on the surroundings.

Comment

If ur prone even if ur on say an HMG for ex. and someone is shoveling, dont fire the HMG. I accidently tk'ed (jeepo or mp40x) while doing that. Just kinda emphasizing dont fire the auto weapon while getting healed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                  If ur prone even if ur on say an HMG for ex. and someone is shoveling, dont fire the HMG. I accidently tk'ed (jeepo or mp40x) while doing that. Just kinda emphasizing dont fire the auto weapon while getting healed.
                  Well, you shouldn't really be looking in the direction of your medic while being healed anyway... So there's no chance to shoot them on accident.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                    Well, you shouldn't really be looking in the direction of your medic while being healed anyway... So there's no chance to shoot them on accident.
                    If you are proned out while being healed, the weapon can kill the medic even if you aren't facing him. All the more reason to crouch while being healed.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                      Crouch

Crouch

Crouch
                      I am crouching, how long do I need to stay this way. I am getting hungry.
                      Last edited by TMan; 10-27-2008, 02:57 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X