Bf2 cd code not valid?! Hacked? Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 cd code not valid?! Hacked? Help!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, if so please move it if you want to. Ok, just now I started project reality. When the game started and took me to the log in thing my pass was typed with 15 numbers even though my pass was only 6 numbers. I delete the weird pass, typed the correct pass, and logged in. Then i tried joining a server, it gave me this error: CD code is not valid. Did I get hacked or something or what? I never even gave my pass to ANYONE! so how could I get hacked... I posted this in another forum but I barely got any decent help at all...

Re: Bf2 cd code not valid?! Hacked? Help!

When it says CD Code not valid it means that you already have a computer online running that CD-Key or simply that you have entered the wrong CD-Key.

It has nothing to do with your password or a hacker...

I would say check your CD-Key in

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Support

Then click on Battlefeild2_code

re-enter your CD key and re-patch BF2 with version 1.4

DO NOT RE-PATCH PR

If problem persists you will have ot buy a new copy of the game for about $10.00 and follow the steps again, entering the newly bought CD-Key
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      When it says CD Code not valid it means that you already have a computer online running that CD-Key or simply that you have entered the wrong CD-Key.
      I do have a backup pc with the same bf2 as the one that I have in this pc right now, but it still works just fine... until yesterday. So do I have to uninstall the existing bf2 on my backup pc?

Comment

I would un-install it on your back-up PC only if you are using that back-up computer to play online. If your simply using the back-up PC to may singleplayer thne it should not effect it, but once you make an online account with the CD-Key, EA considers it to be a used or "in valid" code.

So, make sure the computer your using is the only PC with that specific CD Key.

Hope it helped
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

No, as long as that backup computer is not playing BF2 at the same time you want to play BF2 or PR on the other computer. I would just uninstall and then try reinstalling everything again. Your registry may have gotten messed up and that is a little more difficult to explain how to fix than just telling you to uninstall and then reinstall the game.
          It is very unlikely someone was able to get your CD-Key, I suspect you typed the code in wrong. Try a few times of re-entering the code. Maybe a letter was used in place of a number such as "O" for "0" or the other way around? You can log onto EA Support web site to confirm your CD-Key from them as well. http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p_sid=riYd1thj Log in then click on "My Games", it will ask you to log in again then even after that you will need to type in your password once again.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoftsolja View Post
            I do have a backup pc with the same bf2 as the one that I have in this pc right now, but it still works just fine... until yesterday. So do I have to uninstall the existing bf2 on my backup pc?
            Did you follow Sonic's steps?
            TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

You can have the same copy on 2 different computers, just can't be online at the same time. So that is NOT his problem unless he had the other computer on and BF2 or a mod to it running.

Comment

realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-help-hardware-support/40867-troubleshooting-guide-your-cd-key-not-valid.html
                Follow these guide lines, this happens to me each time i reinstall/play on new win-account.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                  No, as long as that backup computer is not playing BF2 at the same time you want to play BF2 or PR on the other computer. I would just uninstall and then try reinstalling everything again. Your registry may have gotten messed up and that is a little more difficult to explain how to fix than just telling you to uninstall and then reinstall the game.
                  It is very unlikely someone was able to get your CD-Key, I suspect you typed the code in wrong. Try a few times of re-entering the code. Maybe a letter was used in place of a number such as "O" for "0" or the other way around? You can log onto EA Support web site to confirm your CD-Key from them as well. Log in then click on "My Games", it will ask you to log in again then even after that you will need to type in your password once again.
                  Before I uninstall, do I have to install pr again after I uninstalled and installed bf2?

Comment

Yes, you would need to uninstall PR as well and then reinstall PR. Hope you kept a backup of the PR download.
                    Before you do this try the link bjoffe gave, here it is for you to click on it. http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...not-valid.html should be fairly simple to do, I have had to do this and it works. Really there is no need to make the backup if you follow the directions correctly.

Comment

Yes, you would need to uninstall PR as well and then reinstall PR. Hope you kept a backup of the PR download.
                      Before you do this try the link bjoffe gave, here it is for you to click on it. should be fairly simple to do, I have had to do this and it works. Really there is no need to make the backup if you follow the directions correctly.
                      Thank you so much msdz! IT WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comment

Whats funny is last night I went to play PR after installing Far Cry 2 and deleting a couple of old games I never play and doing my tidying up as usual such as defrag and disk cleanup and guess what I had problems with PR not working right.
                        I had to uninstall and reinstall everything that dealt with PR and BF2 to get things working again. It took me forever to download the 1.41 update cause I lost my backup disk with all that data on it. Anyway, I got it again.

I think I should have done more checking into PB as being the problem though from what I read on a few sites. My problem was I would start PR up and get ready to join TG server and just as I hit the "Deploy" button I would get a CTD. Did it every time so I figured it must have been something bad with my install cause of the other games I removed from the computer or installing Far Cry 2 cause it also updated PB. Anyway, I now have a BF2 and PR installed and my HDD's all cleaned up and defragged. I was wanting to rearrange my files on my HDD so PR wouild play smoother anyway.

Oh, glad all works for you now and I am not really the one that helped you out. It was bjoffe that gave the link to an easier way of doing the trick with the registry than I would have been able to explain.

Comment

Whats funny is last night I went to play PR after installing Far Cry 2 and deleting a couple of old games I never play and doing my tidying up as usual such as defrag and disk cleanup and guess what I had problems with PR not working right.
                          I had to uninstall and reinstall everything that dealt with PR and BF2 to get things working again. It took me forever to download the 1.41 update cause I lost my backup disk with all that data on it. Anyway, I got it again.

I think I should have done more checking into PB as being the problem though from what I read on a few sites. My problem was I would start PR up and get ready to join TG server and just as I hit the "Deploy" button I would get a CTD. Did it every time so I figured it must have been something bad with my install cause of the other games I removed from the computer or installing Far Cry 2 cause it also updated PB. Anyway, I now have a BF2 and PR installed and my HDD's all cleaned up and defragged. I was wanting to rearrange my files on my HDD so PR wouild play smoother anyway.

Oh, glad all works for you now and I am not really the one that helped you out. It was bjoffe that gave the link to an easier way of doing the trick with the registry than I would have been able to explain.
                          When that happened to me all I had to do was run PBSetup.exe =0

Comment

I was not thinking about that, brain was not running on all 8 cylinders at that time. Need to take my meds.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X