X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAT v Infantry.

I need a definitive answer here.

When I attempted to report someone for HAT sniping, all I got was a blast of people telling me it was now allowed, yet I can't find anywhere where it's written in the rules. (due in large part thanks to the TG search button not searching for the words "HAT" or "AT"

Is it or is it not allowed to obtain a Heavy Anti-Tank kit for the purpose of engaging infantry?

Re: HAT v Infantry.

Does it say that it is not allowed?

As far as I know its allowed but not encouraged. I think you can report it if they start spamming it since that is a break with rule nr. 1 (the one about striving for realism).
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
      Does it say that it is not allowed?
      For a long time (in fact since the kit limiting system was initiated as far as I remember) it did. I can't remember if it was in the rules thread or some other thread that was stickied for a release so that people would get it ingrained.

A thought occurs, if it is suddenly legal, then I assume that shooting it out of a chopper is still illegal. Right? (*crosses fingers*)

Comment

I think this is as definitive as you'll get:

HAT on Infantry: Allowed.

*Repeated* HAT on Infantry: Not realistic, and thus not allowed (see below).

HAT out of a chopper: Also not realistic, and thus not allowed (see below).

From the sticky "Official Tactical Gamer PR Rules":

"1. Strive for realism

Tactical Gamer promotes playing the game in as realistic manner as possible, with players utilizing military tactics to the best of their ability. The game should be played with the emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and players should avoid at all costs utilizing a feature of the game as an exploit to gain an advantage over their opponents. Use weapons and vehicles in as realistic manner as possible."

Comment

HAT v Infantry = fun.

Haikus are easy.
          But sometimes they don't make sense.
          Refrigerator.

Comment

It's allowed.

Find yourself spamming it (lyk, t3n rocketz every 2 sec0ndz, kay?) though, and you might just get a kick.

| |

Comment

Diligent_BF2 gave the perfect answer.
              |TG-X|cola88

|
              |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse