X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to "Bad rounds" thread

Originally posted by creepinshadow24/7
    I'm saying:
    IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FLY, LEAVE IT TO THOSE WHO CAN.
    Yeah, I feel that way too sometimes, but maybe those of us who know how to fly/tank/snipe/etc... could teach others how to do those things. I certainly wouldn't mind teaching a few players what I know about effective tank operation and safe helicopter flight procedures.

I'm not sure if that was the goal of TGU, (have heard little to nothing about it) but this seems like a problem best addressed on a one on one basis. If a few less experienced players would like to learn more about assets, I think I'd have fun teaching them so long as they really want to learn, and I'm sure there are others who would like to teach, too.

If anyone would like to learn a bit more about flying helicopters (the asset I've practiced with most) or manning tanks, drop me a PM, and I'll see if we can schedule something.
    Anyone else who would like to help, put a reply in this thread and let others know that you want to teach.

A word in advance to the nay-sayers: Yes, I know... the people who constantly crash helicopters and waste other assets probably don't read the forums, but you have to start somewhere, don't you?

[Inspirational Phrase] Together, we can make Tactical Gamer better and stronger! [/Inspirational Phrase]

p.s. Does TG have a training server that we can use for this? (assuming people are interested)

Re: Response to "Bad rounds" thread

That other thread was locked for a reason. Why would we want to resurrect a discussion centered around "If you don't know how to fly, leave it to those that can"?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Well, I apologize if that appeared to be the aim of my message, but the point I wanted to make is that instead of all griping and whining about how others don't know how to do anything, we should instead teach them what we know in an effort to allow everyone to have a good time using whatever assets they desire. None of us made it to where we are today alone; we all had someone to teach us and help us along the way, so why not help other players?

However, if the public forums are an inappropriate place to suggest this and offer my services, I'll drop it here and now.

Comment

Anonymous night proved that it is not only fun to use a different name every once and a while but also that certain people complain no matter what. No matter what the score is, no matter who is on what side or who is using what.

If an asset is being misused and there is a commander in control he has the right to tell them not to use that asset or let someone else use it, and then if it is necessary report the person if they are hindering teamplay. Same thing goes for if there is no commander, but many people don't like reporting if people are seriously being immature and hindering teamplay because they don't like to be "the cry baby", so if people don't report these things, or ask maybe if they can use the asset this time around, etc, then there is no reason for these topics to keep sprouting up.

Invite people to the forums, tell them to get on TS, if you don't see it posted, ask an admin in game to post the IP address, or keep it written down and write it out in squad or team chat, or global if need be.

If you want to help people learn how to fly post a request in the TGU forums, and PM a TGU instructor.

The rules are clearly posted here in the forums, in game and during the loading up screen. Every player knows what is expected of them when they click on the server list in PR.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

If I ever report someone, I do it in squad chat. Only the guys in my squad and the admin(s) can see it. I don't report very often, then again, I don't see people cheating or going against the rules very often either.
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

Locked by request of the OP

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement