Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on TG

Greetings Gentlemen,

I have decided to write an article on Tactical Gamer. I want it to be an overview of the community, the web site and the gaming traditions / structure that we have brought to Battlefield 2 and the first person shooter arena. I think the community here and the spirit of TG is something that should be recognized throughout the gaming community. The fact that the administration of the server is volunteer, the maps and mods are made outside EA games on a non-profit basis, and the excellent level of play gives great credence to the TG way of playing online games.

I was hoping to contact several gaming magazines to get some schedules on when I can publish something. If you have any inroads to publishers in this genre, please let me know what publications are good to pursue and people on their staffs if you know them.

I am hoping to interview some of the players of the server to get some meat for the article. I hope you will sign up for me to contact you with some questions you can answer for the article that I can use as quotes.

Mostly I am interested in this type of thing from the player community:

- Players feedback on the level of play on the TG Servers
    - Why you game on the TG PR server instead of another server
    - What makes TG stand out from other servers and gaming communities
    - Why you appreciate the TG way of play and administration on the PR server
    - Anything you donít like about TG and the PR server for negative feedback
    - Anything you would like to add to the article I may have left out
    - General quote material

I appreciate any help you can provide to me on this article in advance.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Article on TG

Disclamer: I am not trying to be mean or hostile. I just cant express myself better.

TMan wouldn't this make us seem like we have very high thoughts about us self. First of all it would not be a very credible article since you are an admin and also a very much a part of this community. Would be the same as an author writing an article about his/her own book (best example I could come up with). Secondly it makes us seem like we want attention. I am not saying we don't but still writing about ourself seems like we really crave the popular attention.

If we put ourself on some high level people might think that we are full of ourself and it might damage our reputation of being non elitist and a friendly community.

I would also like to know what the purpose of the article would be. would it to be to try and draw attention to community, informative on how a community could work or what?

I am not saying I am against you writing an article but just worried how it could be perceived by others.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Disclaimer: Not being hostile toward you Katanama.

It doesn't matter if he's an admin or not, at the end of the day hes just a regular person like anyone of us.

He's asking for input from members of the community.

People will think anything they want, the internet proves this theory every day, just look at bloggers, the internet tough guys or people who post on any forum or comment area in the internet.

If you re-read his post Kat, the schematics of his article are stated pretty clearly.

TG has been mentioned in news articles for example The Chicago Sun-Times, TG has been mentioned in magazines and even by Professors at the University level, from people who are apart of the community and from those who are not.

In the opinion of this TG Member, i say go for it Tman, no better person to write an article than from someone who see's what TG is all about from a first person perspective/POV and how TG has had a huge impact within the PR community, and the Online-Multiplayer Gaming Community.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

T, I'd love to help you with this - let me know if you need anything.

I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Think of it as advertising, and also as a sort of public service announcement (for lack of a better description); a way to let people know that there is another side to gaming, and that even though it is online, it is still possible to create a sense of community and establish some relationships with people all over the world. How cool is that? Through TG and a video game we get a chance to get to know people living thousands of miles away and become friends. It's like the United Nations, only better! :)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
          Disclamer: I am not trying to be mean or hostile. I just cant express myself better.

TMan wouldn't this make us seem like we have very high thoughts about us self. First of all it would not be a very credible article since you are an admin and also a very much a part of this community. Would be the same as an author writing an article about his/her own book (best example I could come up with). Secondly it makes us seem like we want attention. I am not saying we don't but still writing about ourself seems like we really crave the popular attention.

If we put ourself on some high level people might think that we are full of ourself and it might damage our reputation of being non elitist and a friendly community.

I would also like to know what the purpose of the article would be. would it to be to try and draw attention to community, informative on how a community could work or what?

I am not saying I am against you writing an article but just worried how it could be perceived by others.
          I think you're getting the wrong impression. Re-read what hes putting in the article. There are a lot of people who pass through TG and know nothing about it. How many of you know what Network 42 is? How many of you know how many SM's we have? How many of you can, without peeking, name the majority of the games that TG hosts? I'd bet very few. I think its a great opportunity to give people a very good look at what the community is all about, both new and old.

Comment

To clarify, it is not to self-glorify TG or ourselves, it would be an article about TG and PR - nothing more. I don't plan to make it seem like we are something greater than what TG is.

I have published before about my own organization, and I think I can keep it pretty neutral about the hype.

Just wanted to get some input. I think I will write the article either way.
            sigpic

Comment

Tman, I'd love to help you any way I can.
              I'll PM you.

|

Comment

Same, anything i can be useful for, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
                  Tman, I love you any way I can.
                  I'll PM you.
                  Weird.

Cool Idea TMAN, I knew there was a reason you'd make a great admin.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Tman, I'll make love to you any way I can.
                    I'll PM you.
                    wow...

I don't even want to know...

Anyway, Katanama I see where your coming from. But, still I think this is a good idea, and will promote TG in a positive light rather than negative.

and TMAN, I'm here if you need help with anything regarding the article. Maybe a quote from a younger player in TG.
                    |TG|
                    ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                      Weird.

Cool Idea TMAN, I knew there was a reason you'd make a great admin.
                      Im glad your tight Coug or you and I wouldn't be such good buddies ;)

|

Comment

- Level of play is unmatched. Brings "Reality" to PR.
                        - Again, all about the realism for me, it always is, and the admin presence will make it so that it will always be.
                        - Number of players, Admins, Level of play from EVERYONE
                        - It enforces Realism.
                        - That's not nice! Well, I kinda don't/do like that theres only one server..
                        - TG RULZ! LOLOLOLOlololol!!11!!!111 (Disregard, please)
                        - Uhh.. I dont get this last one.

~Sirsolo
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Tman, I'll make love to you any way but loose.
                          I'll PM you.

CLYDE WANTS IN ON SOME OF THAT ACTION

Dont forget to work in the fact that TG is a great place to lean and practice leadership and communication skills.

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                          It's like the United Nations, only better! :)
                          Yep, we let people participate, even if they dont pay dues..

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                            Dont forget to work in the fact that TG is a great place to lean.....

Yup.. all lazy peoples here.
                            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                              Greetings Gentlemen,

I have decided to write an article on Tactical Gamer. I want it to be an overview of the community, the web site and the gaming traditions / structure that we have brought to Battlefield 2 and the first person shooter arena. I think the community here and the spirit of TG is something that should be recognized throughout the gaming community. The fact that the administration of the server is volunteer, the maps and mods are made outside EA games on a non-profit basis, and the excellent level of play gives great credence to the TG way of playing online games.

I was hoping to contact several gaming magazines to get some schedules on when I can publish something. If you have any inroads to publishers in this genre, please let me know what publications are good to pursue and people on their staffs if you know them.

I am hoping to interview some of the players of the server to get some meat for the article. I hope you will sign up for me to contact you with some questions you can answer for the article that I can use as quotes.

Mostly I am interested in this type of thing from the player community:

- Players feedback on the level of play on the TG Servers
                              - Why you game on the TG PR server instead of another server
                              - What makes TG stand out from other servers and gaming communities
                              - Why you appreciate the TG way of play and administration on the PR server
                              - Anything you donít like about TG and the PR server for negative feedback
                              - Anything you would like to add to the article I may have left out
                              - General quote material

I appreciate any help you can provide to me on this article in advance.

TMAN

Sounds like a great idea. Good luck with it.
                              submit7

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X