This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the issue of 'team-stacking'

Let me get one thing said right off the bat: I very much enjoy that TG works together, I love seeing a squad of TG when there is an open spot, or just a lot of scattered members SL'ing, flying, manning the armor, whatever it may be. I love it, and I know a lot of you out there do to. But there is an issue with this that is increasingly noticable, and that, as I'm sure you can tell, is team-stacking. I understand a lot of us just want to have fun on the server; I do too, I'm sure we're all guilty of it because if you're not, why would you be playing? And Lord knows we don't want Cougar, Nardini, Disposable, and the rest of the lot cleaning up messes the whole day; they have enough to deal with as is, with arguably the most popular Project Reality server on their hands.

Here is what you will need to grasp to understand where I am coming from here: How do you think it looks to people who join to see about twenty plus guys with |TG| tags on the other team? Granted, many people don't know that TacticalGamer is a 'community' and not a 'clan', but where is the distinguishing line, really? All you can see from the player list is a bunch of tags, and you see that... well, most of them are on the other side! It seems a lot like a clan would do, when they are on their own server and not worried about the rest of the teams. After all, what is a clan? To put it blunt and simply, a bunch of guys who play the game together, right? Now, answer me this: What are in-house squads, in a blunt and simple way?

And lately, this is something I really love, |TG| members are on offense on this subject! You ask if the teams might be stacked a bit, and you are bound to get more than 3 responses of how the 'teams are not stacked, stop complaining.' But maybe you'd like to look on the teamchat of the 'unstacked' team, and see the cries of "They're teamstacking so that we have no chance of winning". And no, this is not an exaggeration; a few of these came up within the first 5 minutes of Kashan 16, as of 11-11-08 9:00pm EST, and was being riddled about the round before on Qwai. And because of the harsh 'fist' of |TG|, these players will not speak up because they believe it is a waste of time to bother reasoning with the stacked team. [/i]Do you see it now?[/i]

It is not that I think TacticalGamer is a bunch of point-whoring, team-stacking, backstabbing group. I love playing with |TG| guys, that's why I'm still here. I think that the |TG| group is a bunch of guys looking to have fun, but their pleasure is becoming the opposing team's pain, when they lose Qwai 241-0 with all flags and an APC raping at the last flag. You all say that the teams aren't stacked, that you all just have better teamwork. Well, you have that. No doubt, however: They don't usually have experience playing with eachother. They aren't accustomed to, or have a set system of, how people communicate with others. They don't have the amount of strategy or the coy to use one properly. Do you understand what I am saying now?

And it's not just that you happen to be on the same team. It's that many of you will intentionally leave the opposite team when they are down a player or more, so you can get with your buddies, leaving a larger hole between the two teams. That combined with supporting member kicks picking off the team you originally joined in on, you have now put that team at a 2 man disadvantage at the best of times. Against better morals and courtesy, you go straight to your buddies on the other team. And when someone speaks up, they are kicked from the server for being the one to speak up about the problem? How about now, do you see?

This is a problem, whether you accept it or not. It's just not one that directly influences you. But it does, when the players you ignore begin leaving. Opening another hole for a TG member to join, who then often repeat the vicious circle.

Please, don't make this something an admin has to fix; if you see a bunch of the 10th on one side, make an attempt to get your Irregular buddies to join on the other team, and duke it out. Please, don't bash a player for being honest about the dim hope of winning from the your side of the river, where the sun is shining. Today has been the worst experience I have had on TG... and that is not something I say lightly. Please, end the arrogance and unsportsmanlike conduct. I think TacticalGamer, the PREMIERE online community for mature gamers, would be more responsible.

Re: On the issue of 'team-stacking'

inb4lock.

Well i really get what u mean, and this has been discussed a lot, over and over again.

You know what the funny thing is? If there's lots of TG tags on one side, but the other side wins no one will ever complaing about teamstacking, it's just another excuse why they're loosing.

btw celestial, have we played together? i think so!

we also had an anonymous day, where everyone goes under a different name than they usually do... no-one complained about stacking.

its the tags that are the cause. they stand for something good: teamwork etc.., but if you're against them you (not you celestial but the public in general) think its unfair..

for example if we had all IHS members on one side without the tags and another name, and then public players on the other, nobody would complain about teamstacking, its just the way it is..

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

To be completely honest, I agree with you Celestial. And I have, and will teamswitch to play with friends (who are usually tagged members, but not always). However, I have seen attempts to fix this. Many a time was the issue brought up on Team Cord that we are the stacked team, and we have said "O, lets send the irregs over" or "let's get the 6th guys to that side" and we have followed through with it. So, yes, there is teamstacking, but people are working against it.

Comment

lol today it was kinda the opposite, 24 members of tg and IHS were on coord 2 and the other channel was empty. lol

but yeah, if somebody steps up and changes team some other folks will too, and then you have "balanced" teams. its just a matter of somebody stepping up/beeing mature enough to see that the other team is dissatisfied and that would lead to lower the fame of TG

Comment

People always say teamstacking if the team you are on loses...........

Just because one team has |TG| tag wearers, does not automatically mean the other team will kick one sides arse......

if you are basing team stacking on qwai tonight, that is one round.............

Supporting membership has its perks, and that is getting in on a full server......nothing you can do about that.

I can see kind of your point, but for the past 4 months there has been a teamstacking topic every week, sometimes twice in one week.......its really getting annoying, and why not just PM an admin or several admins, instead of posting?

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
          Opening another hole for a TG member to join, who then often repeat the vicious circle.
          what vicious circle? they would be placed on the other side, and would fill a hole for the player they are replacing.............how is that vicious?

Celestial, you were also spamming the chat during qwai, and that takes away from team play not only for your team, but it also takes away from the game itself, just wanted to point that out, there are easier ways to ask for admin assistance. Get on TS, PM an admin, etc etc....... or if you see someone who is repeatedly team switching or being a nuisance simply type in global chat !Reporting and then name the infraction it goes a lot farther than spamming global chat.

- *note some of you might not get this reference.
          Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 11-11-2008, 10:53 PM.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

^^ see his sig :D

Comment

If you think about it the people wearing the tg tags are at an advantage. the people who dont visit the site dont have access to TS and know the rules. But when a team gets raped for like 240-0 that can mean stacking. Its not just great corrdination its that you have people that dont know how to play good. I dont know what im saying hear but there is teamstacking
              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                If you think about it the people wearing the tg tags are at an advantage. the people who dont visit the site dont have access to TS and know the rules. But when a team gets raped for like 240-0 that can mean stacking. Its not just great corrdination its that you have people that dont know how to play good. I dont know what im saying hear but there is teamstacking

its very easy to get on TS, simply ask, "hey guys do you have a TS server, can i have the IP"

I've asked for other servers TS IP's on Arma.......what so different than asking for it on the TG server?

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                If you think about it the people wearing the tg tags are at an advantage.
                Wait, is it true, there is cake?????? Are there happy endings???? Does an egg stand on its own at midnight on the equinox?

i'm going to bed........this topic is as overused as Madonna was by the end of 1995.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Im so sick of this bull****. With my limited time, i will switch if i have to to get to play with my mates, and you know what, suck it right the hell up. Thats what IHS's are, a group of friends. Makes me so damned mad to see this crap yet again.

Comment

Blame me cause i love to play with my friends...
                    i dont wear the TG TAG and i play almost Daily...
                    i played with you...
                    remember this...
                    NEVER SUBESTIMATE YOUR ENEMY...
                    if they are a bunch of new guys with no experience and they beat us... what is that!? they where hamering us a lot of times... i was playing for your side !
                    i did the whole week!
                    guys... just enjoy this as hard as it is!
                    learn how we move... PREVENT OWER MOVES!
                    GET MOVILE! BE WISE!
                    i love this game... just dont stain it... we have a lot to learn and you too...
                    ENJOY!
                    [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

This topic has been killed. I have stated my opinion at least 10 times in other threads and I see no point to this.
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

When I join the game, I don't care who's on what team.

If Im on the "Stacked team", Woo hoo. Teamwork galor.

If Im not, then it's just incentive to try really hard and break the losing streak. MAKE TEAMWORK. Force it.

~Sirsolo
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

In most cases, this is not a problem that the admins need to solve. It is, however, a problem. I've brought it up many times and am continually amazed at the animosity I get as a result. Many members of the 6th will purposely go to the opposite team if we see a large number of IHS players on one side. This helps balance the server before it gets bad. I think what happens a couple of times a week or so (and happened tonight) is that the balance gets too far out of whack to automatically fix itself. The good team gets better and better while the losing team gets frustrated and experiences a mass turnover of players.

So let me make two points:

- Regardless of what some people seem to think, a tag does designate something. After all, I personally know that the 6th, 10th, and Irregulars pick members on a selective basis. This means that their members have distinguished themselves in one or more ways. This is how they got noticed and ultimately selected. So although great players can be un-tagged, I think it's foolish to argue that an IHS member hasn't distinguished himself in some way.

- There are many situations in our lives (and I'm not just talking about TG or gaming) where "perception is reality." As mentioned above and experienced first-hand, I think we need to do better in dealing with this problem. I agree that it's staining our reputation as a fair and mature server. If several people complain about team stacking during a game, don't hop on your righteous horse and immediately tell them they're whining. Evaluate the situation. More likely than not you'll see a distinct difference in teams. And even if it's not apparent to you, volunteer to switch to the other side and bring some of your IHS members with you to even things out. Even if it's just a "perception" of team stacking, your actions will go a long way in settling that perception.

So in closing, if this is a recurring problem on the server and a recurring item on the forums, then why are we so obstinate in addressing it? I encourage other IHS members to step up and address this issue (or "perception" of an issue if you don't think it is one). Either way, we'll all be better off with a more balanced server and more positive experience.

Thanks for listening,
                          Last edited by AFsoccer; 11-12-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                            What are in-house squads, in a blunt and simple way?
                            I cant speak for everyone, but for me the Tenth is a group of freinds. I used to socialize at the Bar, now I dont. I socialize in the forum and "In Game"

DIRECTED TO THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE..

As I am currently taking up the mantle of SL more often (Practicing leadership skills "In Game" to be used "In real Life") If I spawn opposite my mates, I look for a squad that appears to be cohesive.. (Click on the squads name while in the CapsLock Map and it will turn all Icons in that squad White, if they are scattered to the wind dont even bother joining) if i see a cohesive one I will join, if not I will form a squad of my own.

The other night during the plague of server crashes we were running a passworded server. Limited Population present, after one map with the Tenth, the usual "Teamstacking" [email protected] coming across global chat, the next map I disconnected and came back opposite my mates, only a skeleton crew on the server (20-30) total players. Mestia, I was Brittish and formed a squad, KILL X instead of running straight into the ambush I knew was waiting for us, I took my very patient squad all the way around the perimiter of the map.. west and north until we got behind where I knew they would be, took out their rally and then pushed in on them and took out the next rally they put down, that gave us just enough momentum to push them back to their main and cap them out. I am not claiming to have been the deciding force here, the server was getting populated toward the end, but what I am saying is the Tenth is not a bunch of Ninja's (as much as we would like to believe it so). We are basicly a buch of mates that enjoy a good laugh. And if you take your time and think about how to flank us, you stand a good chance of catching us with our pants down. But most people will be content to tard rush or as I like to call it (Kung Fu, you dont have to be Bruce Lee to take down 100 guys one at a time.) and then cry "TEAMSTACK". The point is my squad of random guys did a great job... but in the end I would probably had more fun getting beat with my freinds. You might see me switch over to play with the Tenth now and again, but for the most part I will play where I am put. So when you see PANCHO squad, check what kits Ive got going before you spawn in, if I have no Medic.. Guess what your going to be, then Rifleman, then Engie, then Medic 2 and Rifleman 2, and if you use your 1337 skills to sneak up on a sniper and put your knife between his shoulder blades, just leave the kit on the ground.

I think the most effective way to combat the "Teamstacking" issue is for Leaders to Lead and Followers to Follow. Period. If you join a squad, your SL should not have to be wondering why you are on the other side of the map. And when you are the SL, be willing to make mistakes.. Decisivley.. Thats how you will learn what works. I am trying to better myself by using my hobby to develop skills that will help me IRL. You can do the same. Instead of being the negative person in game and typing "TEAMSTACK" be it in global or team chat, take the challenge and turn it into a chance for a tremendous victory.
                            Last edited by llPANCHOll; 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM.

Comment

im just glad celestial finally made the thread:) I have been a little frustrated by it myself.

|TG| imh00ks

|TG|imh00ks in game

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...