PR play by play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR play by play

Is anyone in the PR TG community interested in making a play by play for PR matches?

We don't have to cover an ENTIRE match, but we would be covering select instances which would be interesting with a narrative.

I was thinking like a 2-3 minuet short video clip, could put it on you-tube or the likes.
    I'm inexperianced with video editing from fraps, or anything for that matter, but i am willing to do the play by play voice and brainstorm ideas with other people.

any ways, hit me up with PM if interested.
    listen close
    to the rat-tat-tat-
    as the metal flies,
    we should know as fact:
    that unearthly demons
    are part of our pack,
    and as we engage you
    in battle we pass.

Re: PR play by play

we do have an AAR forum, very similar to what you're looking for.
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Sonic got it bang on.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ction-reports/

Stick em in there! Oooo Video AARs. Neat. You've got my vote!

~Sirsolo
      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Billy, I can help by making diagram maps. Look here for an example of what I can do:

If you can handle the Battlerecorder and give me the details about where squads went then we can create a report of how a certain flag was captured. Videos are nice, but seeing movement of different squads in a single pictures can also be very good in telling a story. Of course we would first need a good battle recording.

Comment

Again, use the After Action Report forum for this type of stuff.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

"If you can handle the Battlerecorder and give me the details about where squads went then we can create a report of how a certain flag was captured. Videos are nice, but seeing movement of different squads in a single pictures can also be very good in telling a story. Of course we would first need a good battle recording."

Yes.. Now the thing to consider is that we dont really know what is the best way to describe the happening of one game of play. Think of all of the differnt ways it could be done and you will find that many of those ways are somewhat boring. For example, trying to document one squads endeavor with only very limited information about other team mates gives a skewed story that is in a sense, boring... However, this does not mean that we should ignore highlighting the events of one squad completely.

We should start the description by considering the overall map as a whole. It would be good if we could watch both sides, 1 and 2, from one minimap. A solution to this would be for people on separate teams to each take pictures of the map (or videos) and then synchronize the time and overlay the information into one map. From this point we can create a description of the general form of the battle as a whole, without really considering individual squads. Once we begin to identify "similar" types of "Situations" across a increasing number of map interpretations, then we can begin to consider the acts of individual squads. I think this will happen quite sooner then one might think.
            There is much to say about these similarities, the first of which might be that each map it self has it's own unique reoccurring instances. If we were to focus on one map and take many descriptions of that map then we could be more efficient in discovering "situations" and describing them. In a sense this is like any other sports game where you can recognize what is happening, football is a good example because you can see the different players become tired and you watch their performance change throughout the game (just consider the energy at the first quarter kick off vrs the energy at the 4th quarter kick off). I think it would be most efficient to focus on one map.

So we would start from the level of an entire map, just watching the squads move around the map and describing what happens. After we get this down (which should be rather quick) we can then focus a more "zoomed in" description of one instance, for example a flag capture which your picture represents... Hell, if you do it quantitatively you can eventually isolate every kill and describe it in huge detail.. that would take a lot of work. But the rewards might be nice, getting statistics about how many deaths it takes to take a flag, would need a lot of measurements to get a good result but it would come in time.
            The reason this information is interesting is because it is taking place on a public server with a private subgroup who owns the server. Another more practical way to put this is that you have veterans alongside newcomers, this help establish "standards of tactics".

To look at it from the bottom up though, we would not need to focus on an entire map...
            We could instance look at one particular flag, like hill top estate, and just describe instances on that. I like the whole map though, helps see more of the situation.
            listen close
            to the rat-tat-tat-
            as the metal flies,
            we should know as fact:
            that unearthly demons
            are part of our pack,
            and as we engage you
            in battle we pass.

Comment

I think what also would be pretty cool is to have some of the BR then some first person action with pictures depicting the attacks that each team make
              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

exactly... the end product that is..
                listen close
                to the rat-tat-tat-
                as the metal flies,
                we should know as fact:
                that unearthly demons
                are part of our pack,
                and as we engage you
                in battle we pass.

Comment

Originally posted by billyinorganic View Post
                  exactly... the end product that is..
                  Great idea man. Do this. I would love to see a video AAR with a sort of standardized format that uses the map diagrams with the colored lines showing tactics and front lines, etc... Also include commentary that critiques the poor commander/squad leader choices as well as praising the good ones (though I wouldn't be too harsh...especially if I am the SL being critiqued...lol). Maybe for the really good battles or matches you could make sure that someone with a nice fast rig could FRAPS footage for you so you can get a true FPS perspective as well as being privy to the in-game/in-squad dialog.

Great idea. Good luck.
                  submit7

Comment

can we move this to after action reports?
                    listen close
                    to the rat-tat-tat-
                    as the metal flies,
                    we should know as fact:
                    that unearthly demons
                    are part of our pack,
                    and as we engage you
                    in battle we pass.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server