Belligerent joystick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belligerent joystick

So I've gone and done it, I bought a fancy brand-spanking new joystick. Works great with FSX, I can crash Cessna's like no other. However, I tried using it to fly a helo in PR. It goes crazy. The Yaw and Roll axis are inverted. I twist the control right, the helo turns left. Push right, the helo rolls left. About a dozen flaming wrecks later, I decided that I couldn't fly like that. So I tried to figure out a way to fix it. I inverted the mouse in the helicopter option in the menu. No joy. I thought that maybe when I set the controls, I inverted them, so I cleared the new ones and reapplied, still no joy. Tried playing with the profile editor to see if I could invert them that way. Couldn't figure it out. So now, i'm stuck trying to learn to fly a helo with half of my control upside down. Not an easy task. So, my question is any of you guys can think of a way to invert the controls? It would sure help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Belligerent joystick

Try configuring the controls the "Wrong" way around in the controls panel?

On another note, i can't stand flying choppers with Joystick, prefer the mouse.

Comment

I would reccommend you don't fly helicopter with a joystick, it makes it harder.

Jets are great with a joystick
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

heh, I haven't even thought of configuring it the wrong way around. And I was mostly planning on using it on jets, however, I still have the same problem with the roll on jets, don't use the yaw all that much myself. I'll give it wrong way a try and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cowmouflage View Post
          heh, I haven't even thought of configuring it the wrong way around. And I was mostly planning on using it on jets, however, I still have the same problem with the roll on jets, don't use the yaw all that much myself. I'll give it wrong way a try and see if it makes any difference.
          You should try using Yaw, makes jets corner that much faster. Also good for landings.

Comment

It works!, thanks a lot! And yes, I noticed that yaw does make a jet turn faster, also, very good for small adjustment. Jets fly fantabulistic now, now if i could just get them to land... As for helos.. well... i need more practice. Thanks for the help again.!

Comment

Originally posted by cowmouflage View Post
              It works!, thanks a lot! And yes, I noticed that yaw does make a jet turn faster, also, very good for small adjustment. Jets fly fantabulistic now, now if i could just get them to land... As for helos.. well... i need more practice. Thanks for the help again.!
              I've found, as in real life, yawing during a medium to hard turn slows the plane down some, helping whoever is changing behind you, to kill you.

As everyone stated above, fly choppers with the mouse/keyboard. I tried flying Helo's with my joystick, but when it came time to hover, or land, the throttle on the joystick didn't really allow me to just turn off all thrust, positive or negative. Using the keyboard, all I do is stop pressing "w" for positive thrust, and I hover/slowly descend for landing.

Comment

Funny, I'm an ace in helis with my joystick (after a whole lot of practice) but the other day I took a chopper...and didn't realize my joystick had gotten unplugged (due to a 9-month-old toddler) so I had to m+k it...managed to drop a crate before I took fire and crashed. I'd forgotten how to use my flares :row__524:
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius007 View Post
                  I've found, as in real life, yawing during a medium to hard turn slows the plane down some, helping whoever is changing behind you, to kill you.

As everyone stated above, fly choppers with the mouse/keyboard. I tried flying Helo's with my joystick, but when it came time to hover, or land, the throttle on the joystick didn't really allow me to just turn off all thrust, positive or negative. Using the keyboard, all I do is stop pressing "w" for positive thrust, and I hover/slowly descend for landing.
                  I have a "fighter-style" throttle, so I use Mouse/Throttle. I find it works better than WASD if you have one that can do both throttle and Yaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius007 View Post

Is it just me or do any of you guys only fly with their keyboard. I use WSAD and the arrow keys. Even in vanilla i cant fly with my mouse
                    |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

No, im a Joystick man myself, but then, in saying that, i can't fly in PR, only ArmA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic
                        I would reccommend you don't fly helicopter with a joystick, it makes it harder.
                        I couldn't fly without my joystick even if I tried. It feels so much more natural than a mouse, and hovering well is near impossible without a constant throttle.

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder, which doesn't have a whole lot of buttons, but it's enough to fly, and I have yaw bound to two side buttons on the post. (no fancy twisting post)

Constant Throttle = WIN! - I've set my Blackhawk in a hover, gotten up, gone to the bathroom or to the fridge to get a drink, and come back to find that it had drifted a few meters at most.

Comment

all i can say is, try and re-configure your joystick again through the software provided.

|TG|imh00ks in game

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                            Is it just me or do any of you guys only fly with their keyboard. I use WSAD and the arrow keys. Even in vanilla i cant fly with my mouse
                            Quoted for truth. Perhaps its because I splurged on a nice keyboard (G15 Generation 1, the blue, not orange one) I bought a joystick for H.A.W.X. but I can't use it in PR worth a damn. Perhaps if I had flight pedals, but I still love my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                              I like using the mouse for Helo, for Pitch and Roll, it allows more precise movements than a keyboard would. Use the keyboard for Throttle and yaw. I use middle button for mouse-look, so i can just click, and look around.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X