This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Wiskey

Wanted to remind folks of some core stuff, on the heels of the TG victory and "power de force" we did on the scrim.

Please read and heed:

"You may see players on the servers using the "TG" tag in their name when they play on the server. Players who become regulars quickly ask: may I use the TG tag in my name?

Anyone who endorses and practices our playstyle and rulesets may wear the TG tag when playing on our or other servers. Bottom line: if you support TG for what it is and want to show that support, the TG tag is a good way to do it. Many players who love it here choose not to sport the tag in their playername, and that's fine, too, if that's what you prefer. The option is there for you to take or leave.

We love it when people support this community with Supporting Memberships, but it's not required to wear the TG tag.

I just want to re-iterate that by wearing the TG tag you are representing TG and our style of play. Wearing the TG tag means you have read and understand our rules, SOPs & announcements."

Remember, the TG tag is a big deal.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Need some Wiskey

Couldn't agree more, i'm all for applying to wear the TG tag, but thats just me, but great post OT!
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Damn it. Thought that it might be a thread about whiskey:( then I will have to go somewhere else to find that.

No not applying just make people write in a thread that they are wearing it since it makes it easier to point out people for infractions. I once made a post in the contact an admin forum about a player doing some stuff that I didn't think he should be doing. I was given the following reply
      While it is not a rule...it is does not follow*TG*ethos. I have never even heard of ********** before, but I will keep an eye out for him.
      that was on the actions of a tagged player. This way it would atleast secure that the player was a part of the community before putting on tags instead of just being a “random” guy that just checked out the forum. This might get more people to actually read the primer and know what TG is about instead of people just thinking its cool.
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I was hoping for Whiskey too.. it's been too long.

But.. uhh.. yeah. It makes you look intimidating too =P

~Sirsolo
        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Yeah... the whiskey topic definitely got my attention. The only thing better than a good round of PR is a good round of PR with a tasty Crown Royale beverage in the cupholder of the humvee.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            applying to wear the TG tag
            Not a fan of this. It's all well and good to start with, but it could send us down a slippery slope to all sorts of nastiness and elitism. Better to keep the |TG| tag as not a true indicator of skill, or even membership of the community, but simply an affirmation of a pledge. I realize that what you propose is simply to confirm that the applicant affirms the pledge, but, as I said, that's a slippery slope to adding requirements like "You must have X hours of playtime on the TG server" or "You must maintain a 0.80 or better K-D ratio" or other such silliness.

My 1.90240654.

Comment

People will always be free to wear the TG tags without applying. By doing so, however, you agree with our rules and regulations and have no excuse for breaking them.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I would fully agree in a thread one must post in to agree he is aware of what they represent in order to wear the tags...

I have seen so many odd looking TG tags... < (TG) ITGI lTGl [TG] > and many players who wear the tags and do not know the rules or what TG stands for. I remember a pubbie asked a TG tag wearer what that tag means. He said

"It stands for tactical gamer, it shows that I am a good teamplayer and not a pubbie to the server. So when people see the tag they will be like 'Oh this guy is good' "

I felt like correcting him, but bit my tongue.

I was once one of these guys, and I think one must atleast know what the tag stands for entirely before sporting it.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

I spent at least a day or two contemplating whether or not I should put the tag on before doing so the first time. I studied the SOPs and forums several times. A lot of these people seem to just throw them on. Did I spend too much time thinking about it? How long did you guys spend thinking about wearing the tag before you did?
                  Waldo II

Comment

If someone is wearing the tag incorrectly it is alright to politely correct them. Some people will throw the tags right on while others wait a while. Personally it took me months to put on the TG tags, but if you don't wait that's fine too. I know personally a few who put their tags on almost immediately after playing who are outstanding members of the community.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I spent like.. 3 months on the server prior to the tag? I felt like slapping the people who don't even have forum accounts and have the tag... Sonic: You should have corrected the hell out of him =P

~Sirsolo
                      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse