Vote and tell me how you love / hate the JDAM>>>>

TMAN
    I plan the whole attack around using it
    4.00%
    I will wait for it if it is available
    18.00%
    I will use it if it is ready and I am in place
    58.00%
    Forget it, waste of time, never hits anyway...
    20.00%
    sigpic

Re: Mr. Jacob Daniel Andrew Matthews

My rule of thumb is never plan on the jdam being effective. The times you do need to rely on it are the times it does nothing :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

On Kashan it seems to miss pretty terribly at times.

JDAM is good at eliminating bunkers/firebases or clearing out flags that are way out in the open with little or no static buildings to take cover in. Otherwise, I don't think it's too effective.

Mortar/Artillery strikes on the otherhand I find are a better alternative to the JDAM at clearing out areas as well as firebases and bunkers.

| |

Comment

The JDAM is limited in its effectiveness due to the technical limitations of the BF2 engine, which cannot translate explosive force through or around any barriers that cannot themselves be exploded. While there is no way to correct this problem, I think there is a way we could work around it without compromising the realism of the JDAM.

Namely, I think we should replace the single 2000 lb JDAM with a salvo of four 500 lb JDAM's. Each will have 1/4 of the explosive radius of the standard JDAM, and the four will fall in a random pattern on the designated target, like Artillery and Mortar strikes. This will give the force dropping the JDAM a four times greater likely hood of actually killing the enemy being targeted, without increasing the overall amount of firepower being dropped.

What do you think of that?

DJ

Comment

I like it.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

This is a poll thread also.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't care for it at all. Don't use it often anymore, usually can't get a squad in place to call it in. When I watch them, they always miss terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
                The JDAM is limited in its effectiveness due to the technical limitations of the BF2 engine, which cannot translate explosive force through or around any barriers that cannot themselves be exploded. While there is no way to correct this problem, I think there is a way we could work around it without compromising the realism of the JDAM.
                I saw a problem on Korengal, I think it was...a IED at one of the tunnel entrances damaged and blew up a spawnpoint inside the tunnel...a subsequent IED in the same spot did the same thing to the cache that was also inside. It appeared that they were being blow up through hte tunnel walls.

Namely, I think we should replace the single 2000 lb JDAM with a salvo of four 500 lb JDAM's. Each will have 1/4 of the explosive radius of the standard JDAM, and the four will fall in a random pattern on the designated target, like Artillery and Mortar strikes. This will give the force dropping the JDAM a four times greater likely hood of actually killing the enemy being targeted, without increasing the overall amount of firepower being dropped.

What do you think of that?
                I think that sounds....brilliant!!! Although I don't know the difference with, or have even seen used, artillery and mortars.
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

The JDAM is a 2000lb smoke grenade which shows up 30 seconds too late.
                  It's a great distraction, but I very rarely see it kill more enemies than friendlies.
                  That said, I'll still use it if it's available. The whistling sound it makes as it gets close to impact draws a lot of attention, even in the middle of a firefight.

Comment

^ Making everyone run for cover..... The four bomb plan sounds good though. Great idea IMO
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

JDAM missing on kashan is a map bug which has been fixed in v0.85

Comment

I actually prefer the artillery over the JDAM.

Looks like most people will use it if they are in the right place at the right time. I did 4 area attacks yesterday though, and they were pretty good. 2 took out bunkers, so that is a great use for the artillery and JDAM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I use it when I can

Im getting better at dropping them on Kashan. Seems like you have to go shallow and north of what ever you are aiming at.
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by eekozoid View Post
                            The JDAM is a 2000lb smoke grenade which shows up 30 seconds too late.
                            It's a great distraction, but I very rarely see it kill more enemies than friendlies.
                            That said, I'll still use it if it's available. The whistling sound it makes as it gets close to impact draws a lot of attention, even in the middle of a firefight.

I dont think thats all it is LOL

[media]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/uk-warrior/jdam_jdam.jpg[/media]

[media]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/uk-warrior/jdam01.jpg[/media]
                            sigpic
                            "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

^ If the PR JDAM could do that, I would change my opinion. As of now, I usually get more kills with a HAT or a well placed grenade. Maybe .85 will beef them up a bit.

Real JDAMs are awesome! :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X