Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly Intraforum Competition? Free Prizes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly Intraforum Competition? Free Prizes?

I started playing PR when it was in it's early beta(?) stages and it's just amazing to see it evolve into such an incredibly high quality game. I was thinking maybe we can set up some friendly IntraForum competitions / challenges and maybe throw in some prizes for good measure. Would any of you be interested in some kind of fun PR vs. POE games? If it works out, then maybe have them monthly or maybe even weekly? It's simple, the PR and POE squads play on opposite teams, the squad with the highest score wins free prizes: custom TG T-shirts, longsleeves (jerseys), hats, etc. I have a lot of gear to donate, just need some good reasons to give them out.

I'm open to ideas on how we can arrange it, but to give you an idea, here's an example of how it might work:
    - all games on the POE server, on Friday night, all of Saturday, or Sunday afternoon.
    - we might be able to ask POE Admins for Large maps for a specific time period.
    - the top 6 scores (including alternates) will be used to determine winning squad for the game. best out of three games determines overall winner.
    - PR and POE squads are managed by a SL + 5 starting players + 2 alternates = total of 8 players. The alternates can play on other squads unless there was a situation where a starter loses connection or goes afk.
    - all players must have TeamSpeak set up and meet in one of the channels.
    -free custom shirt or hat for every player including alternates, you can help cover shipping (optional). if you happen to be a Supporting Member, then you get BOTH custom shirt and personalized hat, free of charge.

Pics of what's already being given out:

Is this doable and what do you all think?

Re: Friendly Intraforum Competition? Free Prizes?

sounds cool, my only caveat is that the two games are so different, i'd be interested but i'd have to spend some serious time getting readjusted with bf2/poe.

P.S. can you guy those shirts on the site?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

oh man sell me one of those hats please!
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Yeah, PR is completely different from POE. So, I don't know how we could really do a match that wouldn't be a blowout for one of the teams...

Comment

I think it'd be harder on the poe guys then us since this mod is so massively different to vanilla.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            sounds cool, my only caveat is that the two games are so different, i'd be interested but i'd have to spend some serious time getting readjusted with bf2/poe.
            P.S. can you guy those shirts on the site?
            No, but if the Admins are interested in working out a deal, I'm sure I can make them a very favorable offer.

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
            oh man sell me one of those hats please!
            Well, here are a couple of options. You can earn a free hat if you organize a test run within the next few days. Take the role of SL, round up a few PR players, meet us in a POE forum thread and / or TeamSpeak, play a few fun games and see how it goes. Winning squad gets free prototype gear. You get a really cool, personalized Special Forces hat regardless of outcome. The other option is to send me a PM and we can work something out.

Originally posted by google View Post
            Yeah, PR is completely different from POE. So, I don't know how we could really do a match that wouldn't be a blowout for one of the teams...
            The PR vs POE arrangement is separate from the actual POE game. It's all about team work and completing your objectives and earning as many points as possible. PR requires a much higher level of discipline and a ton of communication... So I don't see much of a disadvantage for the PR players.

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
            I think it'd be harder on the poe guys then us since this mod is so massively different to vanilla.
            I agree, it was a lot harder to learn PR gameplay than it was in POE.

Comment

This sounds like a good idea to me. I'm totally in for it! Cmon' guys!

Comment

Would be awesome, i used to play POE alot when i was an irregular and i think i could handle it pretty good still, im in for it whether there are prizes or not, just sounds like fun :)
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I have found POE2 to have some pretty quality maps and gear plus they have a MG3 :icon21:

I almost always play pr but our server was empty once so I went along to TG POE 2 server and it was pretty good tbh, some good players :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZzn_gKO4WA

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                    Would be awesome, i used to play POE alot when i was an irregular and i think i could handle it pretty good still, im in for it whether there are prizes or not, just sounds like fun :)
                    Hells yeah, I should get me some more POE2!
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I would be interested on how this plays out...Orange aint my colour lol..I do like the CAP!
                      sigpic
                      "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

I'm interested. Never played Poe however. I, too, wouldn't mind purchasing some of the clothing, especially the hat.
                        sigpic
                        I'm Back.

Comment

Why don't you do it on neutral ground? TG has just got a Vanilla server couldn't you have the POE group put forth a team to battle the PR group on Vanilla, would be a great use for the new server, and be a more fair match up.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

thats a really good idea, i'd be up for a vanilla match

Comment

Vanilla would work for me, i don't have POE, never played it and I'm sure there are guys who have maybe never played PR much, whereas VBF2 would be fairer. Definately interested.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X