DEATH RACE: A Black Friday Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEATH RACE: A Black Friday Idea

I don't quite no why, but this idea came to me today and I thought it would make a cool scenario for TG Black Friday.

Scenario Name: Death Race.

Map: Kashan 64 Training.

Objective: Last man standing / first one to the finish.

Description US: The game plays out much like a typical race on Kashan Training does, however it will be longer and more scripted. Players will have to do more than simply get from point A to point B, they will also have to pass through several checkpoints on the way, to be noted by LZ markers by the CO of the US team (required). The US CO will also act as the ref for the race, watching the sat map for cheaters and penalizing anyone caught not completing the course.

Description MEC: Now, I haven't forgotten about the Opposition forces here. This IS a death race after all. MEC forces will be given a certain amount of time to set up ambushes along the race course, any weapons can be used in an ambush with the exception of landmines and C4 as they would make things too easy. MEC forces try to kill as many US racers as possible.

The last US racer still alive, or the first one to reach the finish line... wins.

This scenario can be altered very easily by racing with Bikes, Quads, or FAVs, or a mixed race. Also, the route can be changed, or even be made to have forks where racers will be able to choose a shorter more dangerous path, or a longer safer one.

Anyone else thinks this sounds cool? There is tons of room for suggestion here, so pile it on!

Re: DEATH RACE: A Black Friday Idea

You know what, that sounds like a crap load of fun!:) If this is possible, then I think it could be a worthy addition?!

Comment

I dig it :D
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I was thinking something along the same, but with more teamkilling, more vehicles, and two man teams. =D Motorcycles and Cars.. I donno =P

ZOMG ZERGRUSH GTG

~Sirsolo
        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

i like it. i'd be up for an uber leet ambush to decimate the bikes lolz

Comment

Hell yes! That sounds kick ass.

Kind of reminds me of the TG v TTP Muttrah practise race where the MEC APC tried to kill us all and D1spo ended up winning (hacker -_-)

Anyway, it was fun and it would be cool to do it again.
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

I NEED MY COMPUTER UP AND RUNNING!!!!!
              (agony) WHY!!!!!? WHY!!!!!!? (/agony)
              [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

This can already be done on the private server, which is running Kashan training. I'll gladly set this up for tomorrow if it is not running training mode, but it will be confined to the private server most likely (although who knows).

At any rate, races on the training maps are a blast!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Sounds awesome. Could have people use different veichles as well, as they would have different advantages; while humvees or bikes might be the faster options, Strykers might help you get through one of those road blocks alive. Will the MEC be allowed to use their transport helis at certain intervals to intercept veichles? We all know those things aren't very effective veichlebusters, but it should add some action to it all. Disco, can you specify a couple of rules as to what which team is allowed to do, and where, exactly, MEC is allowed to attack and with what?

If you just write something like

US team - Assets;
                  - Regular kits
                  Veichles: Humvees, Strykers, Bikes(and more?)
                  - Not allowed to attack MEC(?)
                  - No respawning
                  - Has to follow route set by commander
                  - Starts race 3 minutes after game start

MEC team - Assets
                  - Regular kits + requestable kits
                  Veichles: Vodnicks, Transport helis, APCs(?), 1 tank(?)
                  - Has 3 minutes to reach interception points/road blocks from game start
                  - No mines, no C4

Whatever you want obviously, I'm not the one who should be setting up rules, just setting up an example. Also it'd be nice if you set up a route unless you'll be the one commanding. Moreover I'd like to see a list of participants to determine where MEC should set up interception points and how many there would be, in addition to who on the MEC team would be commanding which assets. We also need to determine how many race participants there will be and how many attackers MEC will have. A 1:3 racer:attacker ratio is probably going to work if MEC has limited assets; if not, just lower the ratio and give MEC tanks/APCs. Personally, I think it would be best if a ton of people were on the MEC side, and they were all using stuff like machine guns.

Not sure how difficult you wanna make this race... would be fun to see at least a couple of jeeps making it past. It would all depend on the amount of racing veichles.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

Give the US any ground asset, the obvious Tanks will be slow but nearly invincible, while the speedy bikes are fast but vunerable

Comment

that would be awesome with dirtbikes
                      sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by Camlost View Post
                        Sounds awesome. Could have people use different veichles as well, as they would have different advantages; while humvees or bikes might be the faster options, Strykers might help you get through one of those road blocks alive. Will the MEC be allowed to use their transport helis at certain intervals to intercept veichles? We all know those things aren't very effective veichlebusters, but it should add some action to it all. Disco, can you specify a couple of rules as to what which team is allowed to do, and where, exactly, MEC is allowed to attack and with what?

If you just write something like

US team - Assets;
                        - Regular kits
                        Veichles: Humvees, Strykers, Bikes(and more?)
                        - Not allowed to attack MEC(?)
                        - No respawning
                        - Has to follow route set by commander
                        - Starts race 3 minutes after game start

MEC team - Assets
                        - Regular kits + requestable kits
                        Veichles: Vodnicks, Transport helis, APCs(?), 1 tank(?)
                        - Has 3 minutes to reach interception points/road blocks from game start
                        - No mines, no C4

Whatever you want obviously, I'm not the one who should be setting up rules, just setting up an example. Also it'd be nice if you set up a route unless you'll be the one commanding. Moreover I'd like to see a list of participants to determine where MEC should set up interception points and how many there would be, in addition to who on the MEC team would be commanding which assets. We also need to determine how many race participants there will be and how many attackers MEC will have. A 1:3 racer:attacker ratio is probably going to work if MEC has limited assets; if not, just lower the ratio and give MEC tanks/APCs. Personally, I think it would be best if a ton of people were on the MEC side, and they were all using stuff like machine guns.

Not sure how difficult you wanna make this race... would be fun to see at least a couple of jeeps making it past. It would all depend on the amount of racing veichles.

That is what I'm talking about! Honestly those are all great ideas and I think my general plan was to leave this game format as open as possible. The commander of the US team can be responsible for creating the race course each round, and he will pass along the checkpoints to the MEC team so they know where to set themselves up.

As for which vehicles are available, if the US can fight back, what weapons the MEC can use, that is all up to the players. However, I will give it some thought today and post at least one SPECIFIC version of death race later tonight.

Cheers!

Comment

1 problem is MEC doesn't get any skycows or apcs in training mode and the tugusta is waaaaay over powered.
                          -Craz3y-

(\__/)
                          (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

Gimmie a TOW. Let the MEC have anything they want to stop meh.

I'll win :)

| |

Comment

I am all for it, watch out for my humvee of death!! i just need a .50 cal gunner and im all set............

Great Idea Disco!!
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...